How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair opinion to have. Definitely not anti-Carlton. I just view things as an impartial observer and compare relative to the competition as a whole.

Don't think my posting is negative, but it may come across that way given this is the Carlton board.

Don't really know any people in industry that would have us finishing higher than 16th this year, and many would have us anchored to the bottom of the ladder after that loss to GC.

If my opinion aligns with industry expectations, I see it as a consensus view, not a negative view.
If industry and consensus views ended up playing out bookies would shut up shop and stop trying to take people's money. Doesn't work that way.

That's a fair opinion to have. Definitely not anti-Carlton. I just view things as an impartial observer and compare relative to the competition as a whole.

Don't think my posting is negative, but it may come across that way given this is the Carlton board.

Don't really know any people in industry that would have us finishing higher than 16th this year, and many would have us anchored to the bottom of the ladder after that loss to GC.

If my opinion aligns with industry expectations, I see it as a consensus view, not a negative view.
I dont see you as anti carlton.
I see it as ultra pessimistic. I hope you get to feeling less gloomy about our prospects :)

oh and I would take less notice of what others say and more of what our club and some here that have a little bit of insight say.

Do you reckon Adelaide are a bottom 6 side?

No, but at this stage they are not a top 8 side either. Hardly an injury and get beaten by North. Lose a couple more games to other bottom 6 sides and they have no hope of making

As for pegging us down for the spoon, given the evenness of the competition and our own, think people will change their view very soon

Last edited:

No, but at this stage they are not a top 8 side either. Hardly an injury and get beaten by North. Lose a couple more games to other bottom 6 sides and they have no hope of making

As for pegging us down for the spoon, given the evenness of the competition and our own, think people will change their view very soon

That's true.

Someone like Cuningham could make all the difference with his pace and ball movement forward of centre.

They'll wanna pull their grubby fingers out to finish top 8 ..can't see it myself ..bottom 6 the way their travelling.

I'd include Cuningham. We're crying out for a medium/small in the forward line who actually has some composure and goal sense.

Cuningham and SPS are the two we need playing forward of centre.

When both play, it puts less pressure on the other to try and get 30+ disposals.

Hopefully these two can share the load moving forward.

I wouldn't say hardly an injury. Missing Doedee and Brown (extremely underrated) from the defense and then Seedsman, who pretty much gives us our only run and penetration. So important players are missing... No clue what the forward line is doing though??

In 2016 we were 0-4 but went on to finish the season with 7 wins, including winning 6 out of 7 games between Rounds 5 & 11. I'm not suggesting we will exactly repeat this however I believe the wins will come & the self belief gained from these wins will see us win at least a few in a row & move ahead of some of the teams who currently sit above us.

I wouldn't say hardly an injury. Missing Doedee and Brown (extremely underrated) from the defense and then Seedsman, who pretty much gives us our only run and penetration. So important players are missing... No clue what the forward line is doing though??
Forward line is missing Teague to direct it and McGovern to provide the spark. Tex provides zero leadership or impact and Betts is finally starting to feel his age. Jenkins is not able to kick goals unless you are well on top so has been less than useless. Not much available to change it

Forward line is missing Teague to direct it and McGovern to provide the spark. Tex provides zero leadership or impact and Betts is finally starting to feel his age. Jenkins is not able to kick goals unless you are well on top so has been less than useless. Not much available to change it
Yeah they are looking lost out there, but it also doesn't help when the ball isn't getting down there at all, like against North. Agree about Jenkins, will be good to see how Himmelberg goes in his place, deserves the shot. Betts looked good last week against the Roos in my opinion, the only forward looking capable of scoring. I disagree about Tex though, I think he can still provide something up forward even if he's not kicking goals, just needs to get more of the ball. His field kicking is great on either foot and his long handballs often set up goals.
Lachie Murphy has done nothing, not scoring goals or adding defensive pressure, should be dropped for Stengle who is kicking goals for fun in the SANFL. Then Fogarty deserves a shot, but apparently they've been playing him in defence in the SANFL. He's the only one who would really go in and crash a pack to bring the ball to ground, where Stengle and Betts could crumb it.
Definitely some changes need to be made, so at least they are slowly doing that by dropping Jenkins. Hopefully not just for one round...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton Fun Facts with Grotto.

In Carlton's last 25 games they have scored 80+ just once. In Carlton's last 59 games they havent scored 100 points.

In Carlton's game v the Suns last week, they had THIRTEEN 1st rounders, which included ELEVEN Top 10 picks.

Fun Facts with LemmingMaster

I always love the line about first rounders. Surely it should be about where you drafted or traded for the player.
For example, if Ablett gets traded for two first round picks, that is his real value, not the third round pick of his initial club.

When they use examples of THIRTEEN 1st rounders it is always misleading.

Ahern was a first rounder, but North did not pay such a price.
Scully was a first rounder but Hawks did not pay such a price.

I always love the line about first rounders. Surely it should be about where you drafted or traded for the player.
For example, if Ablett gets traded for two first round picks, that is his real value, not the third round pick of his initial club.

The bloke is a complete idiot, but he is their leader because he is the smartest one there.:greenalien:

Fogarty had 8 goals kicked against him, so not going great at SANFL level it seems in defense.
Exactly. Shouldn't be a defender, he's a forward. Similar to you guys switching Weitering (I think) around from defence to the forwardline which backfired. Leave them in the positions they know and don't try to change them.

Exactly. Shouldn't be a defender, he's a forward. Similar to you guys switching Weitering (I think) around from defence to the forwardline which backfired. Leave them in the positions they know and don't try to change them.
Why was it done though? Surely the obvious end of the ground Adelaide needs some youth coming through is up forward. The back half is young enough, especially when doedee is back. Kind of a short sighted confusing decision that one. All clubs have unexplainable personnel moves though...

Why was it done though? Surely the obvious end of the ground Adelaide needs some youth coming through is up forward. The back half is young enough, especially when doedee is back. Kind of a short sighted confusing decision that one. All clubs have unexplainable personnel moves though...
I guess the thinking would have been that he wasn't going to get games up forward due to Tex, Jenkins and Lynch being the talls ahead of him and you can't play all 4, so they wanted to get games into him. Teach him how good forwards play by playing him against them. But if you're going to do that then he should be learning against the forwards in the AFL not in the SANFL.
Similar thing when I used to play soccer, I was a striker, but when needed I could play centre back too because I knew what the forwards would want to do so I could defend against it. That would be the logic being used here, but not put in to practice correctly.

Yeah...his fun facts are agenda suiting folly. He’s very creative in providing nothing.

I guess the thinking would have been that he wasn't going to get games up forward due to Tex, Jenkins and Lynch being the talls ahead of him and you can't play all 4, so they wanted to get games into him. Teach him how good forwards play by playing him against them. But if you're going to do that then he should be learning against the forwards in the AFL not in the SANFL.
Similar thing when I used to play soccer, I was a striker, but when needed I could play centre back too because I knew what the forwards would want to do so I could defend against it. That would be the logic being used here, but not put in to practice correctly.

In all honesty you need to move on Walker. Jenkins is about the same level of useless in the forward line but can at least pinch hit in the ruck. Walker is cooked and keeping him on as captain was a huge mistake. Trade or delist.

In all honesty you need to move on Walker. Jenkins is about the same level of useless in the forward line but can at least pinch hit in the ruck. Walker is cooked and keeping him on as captain was a huge mistake. Trade or delist.
Brutal...but probably not far off it.

Macreadie is the one I want up and about, think he could give us a real point of difference, together with players returning who have speed/run and carry and better disposal
yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back