How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other than the Saints, Adelaide have a fairly tough run home.

WC away is a loss. Carlton away is a loss. Essendon at home will be tough. Bulldogs away will be tough. Collingwood at home will be tough.

I like the confidence that we're a guaranteed loss.

Their draw is so-so...WC & Collingwood tough games, Essendon & WB close calls but they will start favourite against us & St Kilda.

Looking at the ladder, aside from Port/Essendon, the next nearest teams outside the 8 are only on 28 points...so the battle for top 8 is pretty much down to 9 teams barring a miracle. Adelaide odds on to make top 8, but hopefully they get knocked out first week.

Essendon v Adelaide next week is a huge game for top 8 ramifications...both on 36 points.

I guess the bigger question is still that the crows have been so up and down this season. It really depends on which team turns up for them and how they cope with pressure. Sure they belted the hell out of the suns, but the suns didn't exactly provide resistance. St Kilda pushed Geelong tonight so they are not a pushover either. When we play them in a could of weeks it would be absolutely awesome for us to role them.

Won’t we? Even given current form I think 17th is the likely outcome

We are 2 games back on St Kilda and 1 behind Melbourne, albeit with a percentage break

Melbourne play St Kilda, Sydney in Melb, and a couple of others that are possible but unlikely wins. They should get to 7 wins...

Saints play Melb, Bulldogs, Freo (h) and Sydney (a), as welll as us. They’ll win at least 1 of those.

Sydney play St Kilda, Freo and Melbourne, otherwise a tough draw, but they will win at least 1 game

For us, winning vs GC and StK won’t get us off the bottom. We need to pinch one from the Crows, Eagles, Richmond or Geelong, all of whom are competing for finals, AND hold our percentage above the other teams

Crazy as it seems, 7 wins might not itself be enough to get to 16th.

However, 6-7 wins and a belting of GC next week makes it very likely they get a PP... which would push the Crows to 3 and make our finish irrelevant imo.
Not too sure we have to pinch the Adelaide game. I see us as a better than 50/50 chance.

I stand by my initial call of around 6-8 wins being par. Keep up our current form and we should finish with around 7 wins so I'll take it.

Depending on other results it should see us finish around 16th, or maybe as high as 14th. Really important we back up last weeks strong effort against the Swans with a win over the Suns. 8 points and percentage over them, with 5 games left for the season, will see us avoid the spoon this year.

Other than the Suns game, knocking off the Crows would be a double win.

Importantly we've lost a fair few games by small margins. If we can get in the habit of winning those games next year, plus the improvement of our younger players and getting in some good F/A or trade talent this year, we might even be able to give the 8 a shake next year.

I stand by my initial call of around 6-8 wins being par. Keep up our current form and we should finish with around 7 wins so I'll take it.

Depending on other results it should see us finish around 16th, or maybe as high as 14th. Really important we back up last weeks strong effort against the Swans with a win over the Suns. 8 points and percentage over them, with 5 games left for the season, will see us avoid the spoon this year.

Importantly we've lost a fair few games by small margins. If we can get in the habit of winning those games next year, plus the improvement of our younger players and getting in some good F/A or trade talent this year, we might even be able to give the 8 a shake next year.

Have us finishing on 6 wins now … I pencilled in melb as a win :(

No doubt some earlier close results hurt us, but we are playing a more attacking style under Teague.

I still think it is still a 50/50 proposition

It's a bit of a strange year. Last year Brisbane won five games and finished 15th.

We could win seven games this year and still finish 17th.

The competition is clearly becoming more even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just saying a 2 year deal feels right for a blow in type coach tueage ratten voss.. im not keen on the 5 year plus clarko/horse/scott idea. maybe clarko.
Yes and there is nothing wrong with Teague coaching for 2 years and pending results replacing him with the preferred senior coach. Teague's tenure may still be in the building phase, completing Bolton's 5 years

BF Bluebaggers I need your help. I’m off to Adelaide next weekend for Bombers v Crows and in a fully catered box....my options seem to be as follows:
  • Option 1: Barrack for Bombers...no, just no....I can’t...but it helps with deathriding the Cows
  • Option 2: Barrack for the Cows...always happy to bask in a Bombers loss, but can’t bring myself to ”Go Crows”
  • Option 3: Provide loud positive reinforcement for the Umps every time a decision goes against the Cows, barrack for the Tippa and hope we poach him for next season, drink 7000 Heinies, go find Grotto and introduce myself, tell him I’m an astrophysicist and wait for him to tell me he’s a Gemini, and pray for a draw.
Any help/additional options provided will be strongly considered!!!

BF Bluebaggers I need your help. I’m off to Adelaide next weekend for Bombers v Crows and in a fully catered box....my options seem to be as follows:
  • Option 1: Barrack for Bombers...no, just no....I can’t...but it helps with deathriding the Cows
  • Option 2: Barrack for the Cows...always happy to bask in a Bombers loss, but can’t bring myself to ”Go Crows”
  • Option 3: Provide loud positive reinforcement for the Umps every time a decision goes against the Cows, barrack for the Tippa and hope we poach him for next season, drink 7000 Heinies, go find Grotto and introduce myself, tell him I’m an astrophysicist and wait for him to tell me he’s a Gemini, and pray for a draw.
There's really only one option there mate and it's not 1 or 2, but tell us why you would travel to Adelaide to watch them play *(What's the real reason maybe the free grog):D

There's really only one option there mate and it's not 1 or 2, but tell us why you would travel to Adelaide to watch them play *(What's the real reason maybe the free grog):D

Punters Club trip to Morphettville Rob. Footy is just a side excursion and luckily enough we had contacts to get us into a box...option 3 is the only one that appeals.....now to find Grotto !!!

I’d wear my Carlton scarf and hat.

Punters Club trip to Morphettville Rob. Footy is just a side excursion and luckily enough we had contacts to get us into a box...option 3 is the only one that appeals.....now to find Grotto !!!
That will be easy, he'll be sitting in the no opposition supporters area.

I've done a number of different combinations of ladder predictor and the highest I can get us finishing is 15th.

Realistically, 7 wins is also my bold prediction for the remaining games, I think the loss to the Demons cost us the potential to move up a spot on the ladder. If we knocked off the Demons, I had us a sneaky chance to get passed the Hawks.

Next week we hopefully beat the Suns, Melbourne lose to the Eagles and we move up another spot on the ladder.

If GCS gets a PP.

Pick 1 - GCS
Pick 2 - GCS
Pick 3 - Melbourne
Pick 4 - Saints
Pick 5 - Adelaide

I wonder if the Crows are still happy with the trade?

My suggestion is to go for * on this one occasion.

Cows losing this game is more directly beneficial to the Blues this year so we are more likely to get a higher pick.

* might finish in the finals due to this but will do very limited damage with their tactically inept coach even though their list is a top 4 list IMO.

But please note- you may have to drink the 1000 beers first to lower your inhibitions to undertake such an immoral act!

I’d wear my Carlton scarf and hat.
From my experience on here your average Crow supporter is fairly rational............ You may not make it out alive. Last time I went to Football Park I spent a lot of time advising them how the holding the ball rule really is meant to operate. They seemed to enjoy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back