How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I don't buy into the Crows falling too hard. They will have the review, move some people on, alter other's responsibilities and make some changes to the playing list, which is needed

Still think they will be a mid table side next year

Probably comes down to how hard the axe swings and what the fallout is. Certainly seems like there is disharmony at the club, and while the fix might be relatively straightforward, that doesn't mean that they'll leave it at that or that there won't be knock-on effects from player movement that further destabilise things.

They're a poor first 6 rounds away from imploding even harder.

Last edited:

That's why I don't buy into the Crows falling too hard. They will have the review, move some people on, alter other's responsibilities and make some changes to the playing list, which is needed

Guess we'll have to see what the review uncovers and to what extent the potential/alleged 'player exodus' occurs.

Part of me wants Dunstall & Pav to tear ******* shreds off the club but perhaps that might end up working in the favour long term... the other part of me wants the review to result in Nah, she's all good mate so nothing really changes at west lakes....

Probably comes down to how hard the axe swings and what the fallout is. Certainly seems like there is disharmony at the club, and while the fix might be relatively straightforward, that doesn't mean that they'll leave it at that or that there won't be knock-on effects from player movement that further destabilise things.

They're a poor first 6 rounds away from imploding even harder.
They get this wrong and you're right, a slow start will bring back all the negative feelings pretty damn fast. Needs a complete refresh.

Rowell should be someone we keep an eye on to trade in the future. From a mad Carlton family and he sure can play. It’s good he’s going to GCS rather than the Dees.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn’t Rowell spend some time at the club last year doing some training? I’m sure we’ll be keeping in touch with him. :thumbsu:

Footy department is in shambles and the coporate side are more focused on saving their own skins. The club is on skid row. Spoon bound for mine

496piza9gxq11.png

I feel uncomfortable about trying to poach draftees going to an expansion club, esp one struggling like the Suns.. Most clubs probably do try do it, but I just find it just not cricket/unethical..

Think we would be pretty pi**ed if Geelong were right in Sam Walsh's ear from the moment he got drafted.

This whole poaching and raiding of players these days is an aspect of the modern game I find extremely unpleasant.

Walsh is a Brisbane supporter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know they have had countless problems with what is going on at the Crows, but wondering how much the new 666 setup effected them and not being able to transition their defensive setup from last year.

CLUB8-6-47-6-56-7-56-6-6OTHER
Adelaide29.2%48.7%0.7%4.4%17.0%
Brisbane0.3%7.6%3.3%67.9%20.9%
Carlton2.4%30.7%5.1%43.9%17.8%
Collingwood0.6%27.6%2.1%64.9%4.9%
Essendon0.3%27.0%3.6%60.5%8.7%
Fremantle1.1%48.4%9.0%25.8%15.8%
Geelong0.7%33.1%1.8%53.7%10.7%
Gold Coast0.0%20.1%2.8%64.9%12.2%
GWS Giants6.3%51.1%2.8%36.4%3.4%
Hawthorn1.4%38.3%5.9%43.9%10.5%
Melbourne1.3%62.5%1.6%24.3%10.2%
North Melbourne1.6%60.6%1.6%10.6%25.7%
Port Adelaide3.4%48.5%5.1%30.8%12.2%
Richmond11.5%71.1%1.3%3.4%12.8%
St Kilda1.9%35.6%7.7%48.7%6.1%
Sydney1.1%49.3%4.3%35.5%9.8%
West Coast0.8%30.8%10.5%53.2%4.6%
Western Bulldogs0.9%20.5%0.9%64.8%12.8%
Competition ave.3.1%38.5%4.1%42.1%12.2%
They finished higher this year than last though?

They finished higher this year than last though?

All with a much better injury run, compared to last year and a better draw

Much more even competition this year with the bottom 3 teams combining for 15 wins instead of 10. Also a much lower scoring season compared to last as well with ~203 less goals.

Yet they lost games to sides below them they should have beaten and beat GWS and Tigers when those sides had injuries to key players

The 666 rule effected their setup from last year, where their setup was designed for frontal pressure and or slingshotting from their defensive 50

They just didn't adapt well

All with a much better injury run, compared to last year and a better draw

Yet they lost games to sides below them they should have beaten and beat GWS and Tigers when those sides had injuries to key players

The 666 rule effected their setup from last year, where their setup was designed for frontal pressure and or slingshotting from their defensive 50

They just didn't adapt well

Doesn't that highlight how even this year was?

10th-12th is about their mark, I reckon.

d86406cfdddea0570c1dc2680b187bf2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back