Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
Don Pyke gaaaawn.

Interesting to see if the club lays all the blame at Pyke's feet and sweeps the rest under the carpet.

It's like watching Carlton from 5-10 years ago. An old boys club that thinks it has all the answers. :eek:

Shame we didn't swap 2020 picks....:D
Inevitable he was gone, just a matter of working out the details.

Blue since 72

Premiership Player
Feb 13, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Pyke sacked.

Mass potential exodus confirmed legit now. Rumours were real. No other reason to sack him with that much $ owing.

Let's hope some of those players don't change their mind now that Pyke is gone.
I'm thinking that's exactly what could happen.

I'd say Adelaide went early on Pyke to stop the mass exodus. Pending identity of the new coach I can see a few rumoured players changing their minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zeggie

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.
Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm thinking that's exactly what could happen.

I'd say Adelaide went early on Pyke to stop the mass exodus. Pending identity of the new coach I can see a few rumoured players changing their minds.
Wasn't early enough. Even Adelaide's media release says they've been discussing it for 2 entire weeks! They should have been in the ear of key players wanting out as they've now had their managers enquiring with clubs during this time.

I'm guessing they negotiated the "stepping down" instead of sacking, and a hefty, hefty undisclosed payout.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Made a scapegoat imo so that Roo and his boys club can largely remain intact.

How can you expect him to thrive in such an oppressive environment? Crows board allude to him not even getting to really choose his own assistants like Camporeale and Hart.

Despite that he took them to a GF and according to the article, has a very healthy win % of over 60%.

He should have stayed, with some of the assistants plus Burton & Roo cleaned out.

Robbo's my hero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2007
Sunbury
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Made a scapegoat imo so that Roo and his boys club can largely remain intact.

How can you expect him to thrive in such an oppressive environment? Crows board allude to him not even getting to really choose his own assistants like Camporeale and Hart.

Despite that he took them to a GF and according to the article, has a very healthy win % of over 60%.

He should have stayed, with some of the assistants plus Burton & Roo cleaned out.
Just like Bolton hey! :)

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Coach always cops it in the neck for other departments making poor decisions

If they think this will gloss over the cracks from the back office, the are doomed to be a mid to lower table side

Only area that it may help short term is player retention, but that still depends on who get the gig
Doubt it would even help that, maybe make it worse.

From what we keep hearing the players have problems with Burton and maybe even Camporeale...never really heard players had issues with Pyke except maybe Jenkins.

Sin City

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2009
Winterfell
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I think it might be the other way round

Future 1st for Martin + 15. Take Elijah Taylor if he is still on the board. Or might be used in another trade, Zac Williams would be my target

Pick 8 for Papley + a shuffle of later picks

Gray for a scuffle of 4th rounders

Cameron for a token pick or part of Papley deal

Plus a FA, Tomlinson would do just fine
Elijah Taylor. Would be a very nice pickup.

Top Bottom