How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant see any coach taking it without being able to choose some of the assistants.

Seems like a receipe for disaster coming in with all the same setup
Your current assistants are locked in already. Difficult to sack them due to the footy spending cap at this late stage.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Isn't there a soft cap in space with the coaching panel, so the Crows won't be able to pick and choose the assistant's they want ?

For all their arrogance and sense of entitlement, I think Crows fans aren't stupid, they know the crap at their club probably won't change until their chairman and most of the board and Riccuito is gone. Need to be rid of that Old Boys and Jobs for Mates mentality at that the club.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Isn't there a soft cap in space with the coaching panel, so the Crows won't be able to pick and choose the assistant's they want ?

For all their arrogance and sense of entitlement, I think Crows fans aren't stupid, they know the crap at their club probably won't change until their chairman and most of the board and Riccuito is gone. Need to be rid of that Old Boys and Jobs for Mates mentality at that the club.
I agree with this. Don’t blame Crow supporters for feeling the way they do about their club’s current operations/governance.

It should be mandatory that any future trading with the Crows has to include a pick swap.

There will be time when Adelaide will improve the next year and we will get worse.

And I'm going to have to explain to my great-grandkids why we did the trade.

Note: my kids are 8 and 5yo... ;)

Adelaide is about to bottom out massively, I would certainly think twice before taking that job. Their supporters struggle to deal with reality as well, so no doubt you will get abused rebuilding that club.

Adelaide are heading down the ladder with an ageing list and possibly have major governance issues. It's not looking good.

Heretofore Adelaide have done a highly commendable job of not bottoming out. Only twice have they finished below 12th in and never worse than 14th in almost 30 years. Impressive.

Things could get real messy if they truly bottom out. The fans won't know what hit them and seem ill-equipped to deal with the pain.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Almost speechless how wrong you are. Clearly, you rarely meet one...lol
Crow supporters are as cunning and switched on as the conniving snake of a club they support; they've been switched on enough to shaft CFC on numerous occasions in respect of poaching players. Consequently I respect them enough to love hating them. Recently we've lifted our game and switched the tables on them. You can hate and respect an object at the same time. I have never met a dumb Crow supporter.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I have never met a dumb Crow supporter.
You must have never travelled over the border. Been to two games there. Dumb as all * and amusingly so. But reading the dopey stuff when they wanted Gibbs and did not want to pay two first rounders but did it a year later when premiership window shut and still trying to mentally talk themselves into it was a good move and cost nothing, confirmed might well be dumbest supporters group I've ever heard about on here. You must have meet the one or two outliers....lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Crow supporters are as cunning and switched on as the conniving snake of a club they support; they've been switched on enough to shaft CFC on numerous occasions in respect of poaching players. Consequently I respect them enough to love hating them. Recently we've lifted our game and switched the tables on them. You can hate and respect an object at the same time. I have never met a dumb Crow supporter.

They've managed to secure two good Carlton players, I guess you could call that numerous.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Some much welcome and joyful news for the Crows

Heartist of congratulations and well wishes to Rory and Bel, especially given the tragedy of their first born child Leo, who was born stillborn/without a heartbeat.

Just can't help but feel really happy about this news after a very sad week for the AFL community, best of luck to Tex and his partner for their upcoming blessing as well, after suffering a similar tragedy to The Sloanes..

Always had a lot of time for Rory Sloane, looks like fatherhood agrees with him !!!

Adelaide are heading down the ladder with an ageing list and possibly have major governance issues. It's not looking good.

Heretofore Adelaide have done a highly commendable job of not bottoming out. Only twice have they finished below 12th in and never worse than 14th in almost 30 years. Impressive.

Things could get real messy if they truly bottom out. The fans won't know what hit them and seem ill-equipped to deal with the pain.
particularly when sos calls reid and demands their first pick (selection 1 overall) for a case of kirks lemonade and 100 litres of melbourne drinking water.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back