MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp

v

Fischer McAsey and GWS 1st next year(estimated about 20).

Besides the names, we have pushed a pick forward a year and they have pushed a pick back 2 years.

SOS has completely bossed Young Reid again. GWS will have more supporters next year than they've ever had before with the Blues mob cheering them on in a reverse death ride lol.
Not really McAsey as opposed to those available we wanted at that pick being young or Serong.

We have the riskiest pick in the draft but I think it is an educated risk and upside could turn out to be huge.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
This is how Crow we did go :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

'Carlton was ridiculed over last year’s Liam Stocker trade but the cunning of Stephen Silvagni has turned one first-round pick into three top-20 players after another night of draft drama'. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Carlton placed an exclamation mark on the bombshell Liam Stocker trade by bringing in another two first-round midfielders that will further revitalise the club’s rebuild.
Departing list boss Stephen Silvagni – who would not discuss his future – unleashed another live trade by turning his No.9 pick into No.17 (Brodie Kemp) and No.20 (Sam Philp).

The wash-up means that Silvagni has effectively converted a No.4 selection into Stocker, Kemp and Philp by hitting the phones and taking advantage of the AFL’s new live trading rules.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Hayden Young or Serong.
numbers game....
three for one, long term is a no brainer, especially when you get one of them way earlier.

Meanwhile on flipside of the coin, the idiots from across the border getting their new young talent in a year or two later than they needed to really start fixing up the mess of the premiership window was bolted shut after 2017. Slow learners are a lot more than half an hour behind.....

Oh and well done on not bidding on Tom Green you dopey Camries...

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Official Crows 2020 Calendar ...

rolling.gif

s-l640.jpg

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp

v

Fischer McAsey and GWS 1st next year(estimated about 20).

Besides the names, we have pushed a pick forward a year and they have pushed a pick back 2 years.

SOS has completely bossed Young Reid again. GWS will have more supporters next year than they've ever had before with the Blues mob cheering them on in a reverse death ride lol.

Funnily enough, our own death riding of the Crows (as if drafting Stocker and the pick being originally within 5 selections of theirs wasn’t enough) was completed by pulling the Crows pants down by the drafting of a genuine top 3-5 prospect in the draft at Pick 17.

GWS go up, up, up the ladder next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Love that the Crows have become the first club where a player has looked at Gold Coast’s list and decided it is a lot better than another team linked to said player lol.
Do not rule out Adelaide coming soon for both Rankine & Lukosious, as their managers probably got them to sign to keep the heat off them for the time being............King likewise will still have clubs looking at him because early picks can circumnavigate contracts these days......... ;)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Do not rule out Adelaide coming for both Rankine & Lukosious, as their managers probably got them to sign to keep the heat off them for the time being............King likewise will still have clubs looking at him because early picks can circumnavigate contracts these days......... ;)

Better chance of Adelaide deathriding themselves into trading for/drafting a 1st rounder in 2020 from one of the better teams in the competition, in a highly compromised draft, and McAsey and GWS drafting what will end up being a better prospect than either.

I think Reid saw how SOS turned one 1st round pick in three top 20 picks and figured that he could do something similar. Well, SOS knows what he is doing.

Do not rule out Adelaide coming soon for both Rankine & Lukosious, as their managers probably got them to sign to keep the heat off them for the time being............King likewise will still have clubs looking at him because early picks can circumnavigate contracts these days......... ;)
Doubt it
If GCS wanted a rd1 for Jack Martin & gave up pick #11 for Sharp, what king ransom would they ask for contracted Rankine & Lukosious?

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't think they will finish bottom 4 or 5, but they won't make finals
Adelaide are the clear second-favourite for the wooden spoon and I think that's very much justified. I actually think they could finish bottom if Gold Coast can eke out 4-5 wins somewhere.

I can't think of a team other than Gold Coast that I'm confident they finish above.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Adelaide are the clear second-favourite for the wooden spoon and I think that's very much justified. I actually think they could finish bottom if Gold Coast can eke out 4-5 wins somewhere.

I can't think of a team other than Gold Coast that I'm confident they finish above.

I still think there is enough quality on every line to not being a bottom 4 side, but may take Nicks a while to gain consistency if the gameplan has changed somewhat

Still have GC bottom 4 and think North will slide into bottom 4 too

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Hawthorn haven't looked flash in the pre season either tbh and I think they will slide a bit this season, even with the return of Mitchell.

And your guess is as good as mine regarding Freo, they have some really good kids, but their forward line is bit of a mess with Hogan's problems and McCarthy being as fickle as a Melbourne day in Winter and Spring.

Those teams the Crows may finish above of, but I reckon the Tippett salary cap sanctions and years of losing at least one quality player to another club each trade period will eventually take its toll and this may well be the year they bottom out.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I still think there is enough quality on every line to not being a bottom 4 side, but may take Nicks a while to gain consistency if the gameplan has changed somewhat

Still have GC bottom 4 and think North will slide into bottom 4 too

Really? I have North has big improvers myself, could possibly push for a spot in the 8, but morr likely finish around 9th - 12th.

I would honestly rather Zurhaar than De Goey tbh, less injury prone, younger and more advanced/impressive than JDG at the same age.

He flies under the radar cause he plays for the smallest Victorian Team (in terms of media profile and fans)

He is a beauty, CZ, would love him in Navy Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back