How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair call. In my opinion though, footy can be a focus for grieving people to help get through their pain (least in the short term)

Dislike Alastair Clarkson and all he stands for, but really respected the way he and the Hawthorn footy club consoled Ratts after the tragic death of Cooper (his speech in the winning 2015 GF dais was all class).

BTW in the very slim chance we finish above Adelaide next season, do the Crows have the right to refuse the pick swap, or could we trade for a later first round pick and give them that in exchange ?

I am very intrigued by the scenario if we finished ahead of The Crows and the possible repercussions (from an AFC point of view).
Nah you can't change the deal once it's done. If, by some miracle, we finish above them next year, we get the lower pick. I'd laugh until I pooped myself if that happened, but I think my undies are safe!

I find this thread unbecoming. By endorsing the premise of the thread we’re no better than those ******* stoats who support the Crows. For this reason I will refrain from further comment.
Don’t take yourself or this thread so seriously, it’s some fun about the Adel team. Unbecoming, you are the one who just cursed at over 100,000 Adel fans pal

Interested to see how the crows forward line goes this year. Losing Cameron and McGovern recently. Betts, Jenkins, Lynch and Walker all getting quite long in the tooth. 2018 may not have just been a outlier...

Was laughing at some crow supporter a week or two back on here hanging it on power supporters for following a soul less franchise...I mean seriously...the Power supporter at least has a local club that is deeply entrenched in the history of Aussie Rules in the country with a pile of success on top of it...
What the hell is the Adelaide Crows??? As far as I viewed it with their underminded inception....basically the SA state of origin team thrown in the mix. Sure theres some history with State of Origin...but nothing like a club like Port Adelaide - heck I grew up a one eyed Sturt supporter and I can still respect them.
Serious case of tall poppy crap with that team and supporters...so happy I live far away from that nonsense supporter base.

no cat soup for you OP

The nufties from Adelaide town probably finish anywhere from 7th to 14th.
Their delusions I find amusing. If we finish above them when half their nufty fans think we will finish last and them first it will be crazy first live trading fallout.

But ultimately I really only care what we do in 2019. As long as we make progress and get 7 wins or more, I will be content with our path. If we wave to them as we pass them on ladder if they fall a year early, so be it.

yep, port have credibility and history - crows? entitled bratwurst chomping squareheads in harris scarfe scarves.......

pretty much, there is nothing more weird I even seen on this whole forum than Crow fans calling GWS a plastic franchise. The lack of awareness of their own plasticity as a franchise is mind boggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stocker a top 20 pick in a great draft for a few spots downgrade...what a deal
Or
Stocker for free!!!

See what I did there?

Stocker is for free already in my mind. I went into draft day thinking we had no picks between 1 and 69, and hey presto all of a sudden we get another pick out of thin air. Boy oh boy, I love this kid Stocker already from everything I seen and heard from him. Has real depth of character I like and sounds like fierce footballer to add to mids. If we finish 12th next year and they 13th, happy to have a pick earlier in next draft than I expected. We probably likely to trade it anyway. We pretty much got enough youth in recent drafts we can trade next year's first rounder for something more immediately helpful for 2020 and top up again at draft in 2021.

Last edited:
The natives seem to want this and we bend to the will of the people.

F*** Adelaide was not the classiest title however so I've amended.

I actually don't mind Adelaide. Always been a drilled, hard-working team seemingly always on the cusp - basically been defined by being an 'almost' team for the past decade or so, with the 2017 Grand Final being kind of symptomatic of their plight.

That being said I've got serious reservations about their squad being a genuine Top 4 contender - even with a soft draft. Their midfield is still notoriously one-paced, and a number of their players had virtually career-best years in their Grand Final year. Their gameplan certainly needs to evolve if they are going to challenge.

Keeping in mind we've had quite a bit to do with them over the past few years with the Gibbs trade, the McGovern trade and most recently the 2019 1st round pick swap for Pick 19 I think we've generally benefitted so far. My suspicion is we'll perform far better than most expect next, but overall both teams will profit from the trade.

On the whole people from SA seem pretty chill too.

Kind of a vindictive thread, but this is Bigfooty and they've got their own dedicated death-riding Carlton thread so that's just about par for the course.

This trade will be brought up several times through the year, people will get a lot of enjoyment from this if we start the season poorly. I think the Crows are finals bound, they have a good draw and were injury plagued (like us) last year. I just think we can surprise quite a few if we get a better run with injury and I have no problem with the trade we made if we rated Stocker at 6 in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back