How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, the Crows will finish comfortably above us next year. I'd love for us to finish above them, but if we do I'll eat a 'Thylacine round 1 sandwich'.

They had the year from hell. I expect them to return to the top 8 next year.

Our only hope is the 'mental damage' persists.

That's thing though, they're so bloody average.

Always up the top in July..........then they lose their frigging marbles and start organising Statues on Memorial Drive.

Lose a turn RB.

Celebrating a Richmond premiership more than offsets taking joy in Adelaide misery.

Normally yes , 50 lashes with no appeal !!
But that GF was a little bit different in that if young Reid hadnt been such a dick , Gibbs may well have been holding the cup instead of Martin.
I love sharing the pic with the deranged and it helps explain the spell Silvagni seems to hold them in ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one lane freeway.

Only recently surpassed by the tram line to nowhere.

....and the blackout, mein gott, 3 hours without power and they were going cannibal.

Man, I love this joint.
get the hell out of their, Numbers - been a leak from inside bf - THEY KNOW YOU'RE A VIC!!

If it all goes pear shaped, in before the Herald Scum run the following headlines:

Blues in draft Stocker
Stocker of a year for the Blues
Live trading Stocker sees Blues lose
Crows win big in Stocker of a deal for Carlton

Think they will finish just outside the top 4.

Adelaide are the gift that keeps on giving.

We might have upgraded their first round pick, emphasis on the might. They gave us pick 19 based on a guess which we drafted a player who we effectively rated around pick 8. Effectively we had two top 10 picks this season thanks to Adelaide taking a massive risk.

The amount of players we have gained from the bryce Gibbs deal has been phenomenally good. O'Brien, Kennedy, DeKoning and Schumacher have been a part of the Bryce Gibbs deal with Adelaide and McGovern is now 66% a part of that deal now too.

Adelaide are my second favorite team at the moment and I look forward to more of their generosity. It will be unbelievable if we finish above them or even near them.

We do well this coming season and Stocker turns out to be pretty good then Adelaide have had a massive loss, it would mean they have given away a pretty good pick for nothing.

Pick 19 is a really good pick in most drafts. Giving that away on a hunch for a possible pick upgrade. I wouldn't be all that happy if we did that deal. I think they are desperate to get an early pick to get one of the GCS South Australian kids to them in a trade next year.

I'm still really happy with this result.

Going into draft, Crows had a really good hand of picks, they probably thought they could shift up order via Gold Coast or Saints and get at least one of the top SA kids but it almost like when that did not work out before draft night they kind of gave up as did not get what they wanted and settled for trying to re-load for next year. No Rankine, no Lukosais, no Rozee and they barely knew what to do so easy target for us to grab pick 19 whilst they in limbo. They started with pick 8,13, 16 and 21 from memory. They probably hoped to upgrade to a top 4 or 5 pick and when it did not happen the days leading up to draft they were easy pickings to talk into something else. I am only looking from outside though. Was just my impression. Well done Blues on grabbing the extra pick in draft that another club less sure what to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back