gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Consensus is the Crows will take off from their grand final runners up form but I have my doubts. A few real key players started to show problems with slowing down and injuries last year and it's not as if they haven't lost good players since that grand final appearance. I think we will win 6-10 games and they will be around the middle of the ladder. It's a hard call with them, they finished the season off well and like all clubs will expect to get injured players back but who knows. I would have them in the 8 but it's so hard to tell, I think it only takes a few injuries or age issues to key players and things go wrong quickly there as we have seen in 2018.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Can’t believe the unashamed glee at Doc’s injury from some Adelaide morons posting on their Death riding thread....how you can be happy that you might profit by someone else’s misfortune? I can’t wait until this trade bites them on the arse.
It would seem their own Daniel Talia has suffered a knee injury which requires surgery & will wipe out most of his pre-season. They should perhaps focus on their own woes. The lack of a decent pre-season hurt some of their better players last year, so they shouldn't be counting those chickens just yet.

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Can’t believe the unashamed glee at Doc’s injury from some Adelaide morons posting on their Death riding thread....how you can be happy that you might profit by someone else’s misfortune? I can’t wait until this trade bites them on the arse.

Shows the quality of the person, or the group. I want Adelaide to finish as low as humanly possible but I sure as hell won't be hoping for, or applauding, any of their players getting long-term injuries to help them get there.

Shows the quality of the person, or the group. I want Adelaide to finish as low as humanly possible but I sure as hell won't be hoping for, or applauding, any of their players getting long-term injuries to help them get there.

Although Tex …….. might be swayed on him …. knob ….

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
It would seem their own Daniel Talia has suffered a knee injury which requires surgery & will wipe out most of his pre-season. They should perhaps focus on their own woes. The lack of a decent pre-season hurt some of their better players last year, so they shouldn't be counting those chickens just yet.
Have they been on their camping training trip yet ?

Talia missing a couple of weeks won’t be the reason they will be s**t all year.

Still reckon the camp fallout has a bit to play out yet. Couple of their better players starting to slow down, missing the guys in the middle tier that should be stepping up as leaders. Midfield still suspect, forward line no good if they aren’t being spoon fed tons of opportunities and the Backline is unaccountable when the pressure is poor through the middle.

Crows in danger of being a real middle of the road team next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor

Good for them. Hopefully they use the pick to draft Mitch Grigg :s

Never celebrate another’s misery

I will never rejoice over an injury.

But I WILL derive great joy if the Crows continue their descent from premiership contender to s**t show.

I call it shizenfreude.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Any Crow that thinks they’ll make top 4 is kidding themselves. No way they finish above Eagles, Tigers, Pies, Demons or Giants for starters. They would need a dream run with injuries to get near any of those sides, soft draw or not.
They'd need a decent coach as well.

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
With Hawks having a tough draw, losing Mitchell. And recruiting 3 players that need some work Chad, Scully and Scrimshaw I think they will have a poor season. Fortunately the crows eaters only get to play them once. Go blues

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
If both clubs finish off from where they left off in 2017 then great, Crows will be right up there but we won't be down the bottom either. Both lost players through injuries and trades in 2018 and both could experience a better result in 2019. If that happens then I still think that we are somewhat winners, especially if Stocker turns out.

If you consider a lot went wrong for both clubs in 2018, so scratch that season and let's assume 2017 is a better indication of each club's list. Who has brought more improvement into their club? I would have to say it's us.

If the Crows are backing on us finishing really low and them being strong on the same principle it's a big gamble by them. 2017 they were first with 15 wins and even with a better injury run have not improved much if at all. We were 16th with 6 wins and have improved the list. The list has been improved a lot and without injuries, even minus Docherty, we could improve on those 6 wins. In saying that, even if it's a small improvement, the pick they get may still be enough to get the job done, which is probably to trade to GCS for one of the highly drafted South Australians.

It will probably be a win win for both clubs. Crows will get a reasonably early pick. We will get a player rated at pick 6 and of that quality a year earlier.

Personally I think Adelaide will be somewhere between 8-10 which is great for us.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Adelaide are highly unlikely to make the 8 imo. I'm extremely confident the below will all finish above them:

Melbourne
Richmond
West Coast
Essendon
GWS
Collingwood
Brisbane (they are ready to climb the ladder, have recruited extremely well and will have a really good season)

I have the Crows battling in the same group as the following teams:

North Melbourne (I actually think they'll be decent this year and will sneak into the eight)
Geelong
Sydney
Port
Bulldogs

They will finish ahead of:

Carlton
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Fremantle
St Kilda

Status
Not open for further replies.