How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with the players we've got but I would have taken him and backed in our culture to retain him.

When draftees talk about leaving after two years, they're just playing games and seeing what they can get away with.
Why? We've got talls. Another tall with average agility wouldn't have been the right move. O'Brien or another mid was always the pick.

Funny fact … Fogarty in ancient Gaelic means banished …..

No relevance … just a fun fact.
A man named Fogarty was the licensee of the Union Hotel in Carlton during the 60s.

The patrons taught his pet budgie to say “Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Fogo’s a bastard”.

No relevance...just a fun fact.

Why? We've got talls. Another tall with average agility wouldn't have been the right move. O'Brien or another mid was always the pick.

He looks agile enough. Very quick off the mark. Excellent contested player and his skills by hand and foot are the best I've seen from any developing player.

He'd compliment McKay and Curnow very well.

Whilst we did need midfielders, it would seem we were still in the market for a 3rd tall forward given the fact we traded for McGovern.

Happy with the players we've got but I would have taken him and backed in our culture to retain him.

I’m not sure we needed to take the risk.

When you’re building from the ground up I’d suggest the safer option is the better one.

You’re also assuming we rated him higher than either or both of the players we selected, which may not be the case.

When draftees talk about leaving after two years, they're just playing games and seeing what they can get away with.

Maybe, maybe not.

I don’t think you can say that’s the case for all draftees with any degree of certainty.

Hypothetically, we take him at 10, and he does leave at the end of his rookie contract. It’s a big step in the wrong direction...and one very easily avoided. No thanks.

Can you imagine the reaction if the above were to eventuate? We should have taken LOB...

He looks agile enough. Very quick off the mark. Excellent contested player and his skills by hand and foot are the best I've seen from any developing player.

He'd compliment McKay and Curnow very well.

Whilst we did need midfielders, it would seem we were still in the market for a 3rd tall forward given the fact we traded for McGovern.
Fogerty looked okay because, as arrow pointed out, he came on fresh in the last quarter. He's a clunky player with a good set shot, he's fearless and hits packs hard but we needed clas and midfield. McGovern is an will remain a better player and he cost less than Fogerty did. Seems like we got both things we needed.

Rated him top 10 but why risk an early pick on a kid that indicated he would return home first chance he got.

This is exactly right.

See no reason to take risks with early picks through a rebuild.

Fogarty may develop into a good footballer but Dow and LOB both impressed in 2018 and look to have big futures.

If we were contending you’d consider taking the risk but not where we were at.

We made the right call even if Fogarty develops into the best of the three.

They really dismantled GWS tonight.

Darcy Fogarty looked impressive in the final quarter. Anyone know why we overlooked him in the draft?

What Thy said plus we needed a player like LOB more...our taller forward stocks are set.
I recall there were also whispers of him not wanting to leave SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really dismantled GWS tonight.

Darcy Fogarty looked impressive in the final quarter. Anyone know why we overlooked him in the draft?
Wouldn't say they dismantled them. GWS kicked poorly for the middle part of the game; did a good job of dismantling itself. Be ye not impressed. :)

Can't see them missing the finals. Last year was an aberration with some very well documented reasons. In my opinion they have the best midfield and a very well balanced side with good skilled runners and a strong forward line. Their injury worries look behind them and i hate to say it but could easily be top four with the huge advantage they have at home.:cry:

Don't really care. We have Stocker (who will be very good and will already have had a year under him) and will use your first round to recruit a mature player SOS will already been hugely in to. All positive from our end

Enjoy then. Not sure of the thread purpose if you're all so 'comfortable and relaxed about it"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back