How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we will finish 14th?

Most here think you will be playing finals, I certainly do, but to suggest we will finish last, is no different to the group mentality on your board, with many clouded by hope of pick 1

We will finish bottom 6, you should make finals

Strangest thing, you lot seem to be more intrigued our season, rather than your own

Last edited:

Most here think you will be playing finals, I certainly do, but to suggest we will finish last, is no different to the group mentality on your board, with many clouded by hope of pick 1

Strangest thing, you lot seem to be more intriguing with our season, rather than your own

So much this!

Strangest thing, you lot seem to be more intriguing with our season, rather than your own

I was only taking the piss in return at the suggestion that we would be 9th. I don't think Carlton will finish last, I'm predicting 12-13th. I also am really looking forward to see Walsh develop and hopefully an injury free year for Cripps, my favourite non Crow to watch.
I think there's a fair bit of intrigue going both ways, but I can assure you I'm far more fixated with what's going to happen for us than you. Probably this current attention is all due to a pretty boring off season and still 2 weeks to go. Best of luck to you!

Are you suggesting the thread about deathriding Carlton is more about deathriding Carlton than concerned about Adelaide ladder position? Speechless.

Are you suggesting the thread about deathriding Carlton is more about deathriding Carlton than concerned about Adelaide ladder position? Speechless.
Fyfe to Adelaide eh...
Plus Rankine, Lukocious, pick # 1 or 2...
Derp.

The old Crows finishing 9th is a more realistic possibility than the Blues finishing 17th or 18th. I wouldn't be crowing to loudly just yet if I were a Crow's supporter.

On a separate note, I wonder whether those numbinpoops, over at the Crows board, will open their death riding thread in a few days; to let well wishing Blues posters in, so they can post best wishes for Bryce on his 30th birthday. It's a momentous occasion; and its the least they could do for a player that's closer to retirement than most.

Last edited:
The old Crows finishing 9th is a more realistic possibility than the Blues finishing 17th or 18th. I wouldn't be crowing to loudly just yet if I were a Crow's supporter.

On a separate note, I wonder whether those numbinpoops, over at the Crows board, will open their death riding thread in a few days; to let well wishing Blues posters in, so they can post best wishes for Bryce on his 30th birthday. It's a momentous occasion; and its the least they could do for a player that's closer to retirement than most.

Personally I'd be happy for you to post in there. I think team boards are all a bit precious at times and should lighten up. I commend your board on being more tolerant than most though.

As for the bolded comment, I see it the other way around. With the exception of Gold Coast, there's a whole bunch of teams around you at a similar level. We had a year of every conceivable issue, plus external problems. Those are gone and there's no foreseeable reason that we won't be around the the top 4-5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'd be happy for you to post in there. I think team boards are all a bit precious at times and should lighten up. I commend your board on being more tolerant than most though.

Haha...go mention this on your death riding board thread and see how it goes down...
Always moaning about how they get banned etc yet do they realise they only have to talk s**t to get banned...so if they cut the dribble they'd be fine over here.
Also some just simply don't have the stones to come here and speak their collective minds so they hide on your board...they will come and lurk but that's all they've got the nerve to do.

He's not closer to retirement than most Adelaide players.

More a youngster with potential....

Haha...go mention this on your death riding board thread and see how it goes down...
Always moaning about how they get banned etc yet do they realise they only have to talk s**t to get banned...so if they cut the dribble they'd be fine over here.
Also some just simply don't have the stones to come here and speak their collective minds so they hide on your board...they will come and lurk but that's all they've got the nerve to do.
I've posted elsewhere on BF on how a closed group can skew normality; whereby what is normal in the minds of those who are typically the loudest becomes the norm for that environment, even if stupid and illogical. This seems to be precisely what has happened in the closed deathriding thread.

As for the bolded comment, I see it the other way around. With the exception of Gold Coast, there's a whole bunch of teams around you at a similar level. We had a year of every conceivable issue, plus external problems. Those are gone and there's no foreseeable reason that we won't be around the the top 4-5.
Fair enough to think that too. You're hopeful the off field is fixed and the injury crisis is over allowing you to rise back up the ladder,

Were hoping our additions, young guys developing and new fitness boss counteracts our injury crisis last year (ours was also horrendous) and sees us progress up the ladder.

I don't think it's easy to see which one is more likely till a few rounds have happened tbh. Being a carlton supporter I'm obviously confident we're going to go past the gold Coast and a few others like freo, the saints and some unforseen struggler... Might be port.

Why do you continuously go on about Gibbs turning 30 when your second best player is turning 35 in less than 2 months?

What would be tough is Adelaide coming 5th and Essendon coming 8th and playing off in the elimination final.

Options to cheer esssedon to get the better pick OR cheer Adelaide to continue Essendon having the worst AFL finals record of the last 10-15 years.

Decisions, decisions........

I for one would be going for Adelaide. I’d hate to be thankful of * for giving us Adelaide’s pick 11 in exchange for carltons pick 18. Lol.

Why do you continuously go on about Gibbs turning 30 when your second best player is turning 35 in less than 2 months?
Because both are closer to retirement than most. Because I have no issue with either retiring sooner rather than later. For the record he is not even close to being our second best player.

Who says he's our second best player ???
Is that your opinion or from champion data ??
I'm going by the result in your best and fairest last year. Simpson finished second behind Cripps, therefore your second best player last year.
Gibbs finished fourth in ours so you can say he is our fourth best player.
But taunting us because Gibbs is turning 30 is just a plain stupid argument. The best players who commit to training standards and look after their bodies can play well into their 30s. Playing at them moment are Burgoyne, Simpson, Ablett, Hodge, and they aren't just making up the numbers on the field. Before them Harvey and Fletcher.
Whereas other players have to retire before 30 due to differing reasons such as Cyril.
Gibbs to me appears to be the type of player who could easily play for another 5 years. Apart from 2015 he has had a great run with injury so nothing should hold him back apart from passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back