How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs to me appears to be the type of player who could easily play for another 5 years. Apart from 2015 he has had a great run with injury so nothing should hold him back apart from passion.
I reckon his passion is still at Carlton. He's got zero for you lot, you'll see. He will regret his decision in a few years just as Betts will too.

What would be tough is Adelaide coming 5th and Essendon coming 8th and playing off in the elimination final.

Options to cheer esssedon to get the better pick OR cheer Adelaide to continue Essendon having the worst AFL finals record of the last 10-15 years.

Decisions, decisions........

I for one would be going for Adelaide. I’d hate to be thankful of * for giving us Adelaide’s pick 11 in exchange for carltons pick 18. Lol.

Would be going for Adelaide for sure.

No contest.

Would be going for Adelaide for sure.

No contest.
That’s difference between us and Adelaide. I reckon they’ll be going for port in round 2 despite their hate for the power. I couldn’t give a * about the pick exchange. I think stocker will be enough. But i bloody hate *.

I reckon his passion is still at Carlton. He's got zero for you lot, you'll see. He will regret his decision in a few years just as Betts will too.
You may be right about Gibbs. But what makes you think Betts will regret it? Has excelled since he moved to the Crows and seems extremely happy here.

You may be right about Gibbs. But what makes you think Betts will regret it? Has excelled since he moved to the Crows and seems extremely happy here.
I was yanking your chain mate. If you come in our paddock it's going to happen.
On a serious note its an interesting concept. Do players that are one club players have a better time just belonging to one group after the career is done. Do players wish they didnt swap clubs?. It would depend on many factors one could assume. I mean if they change and get a flag of course they will be glad, but most don't get that ultimate reward.

I was yanking your chain mate. If you come in our paddock it's going to happen.
On a serious note its an interesting concept. Do players that are one club players have a better time just belonging to one group after the career is done. Do players wish they didnt swap clubs?. It would depend on many factors one could assume. I mean if they change and get a flag of course they will be glad, but most don't get that ultimate reward.
Hahaah fair enough. Sorry hard to read context through just text haha.
It is an interesting concept. I'm sure you have players who regret changing clubs others who don't, and others who regret not changing clubs and vice versa.
Does Deledio regret leaving the Tigers for the Giants thinking they had a better shot at the flag and then the Tigers win it? Possibly.
Would Dangerfield have regretted moving to the Cats if the Crows won the flag instead of getting smashed in the final? Maybe not since he moved for family reasons.
All players have different motivations for playing I guess. So basically this analysis has answered nothing haha

I'm going by the result in your best and fairest last year. Simpson finished second behind Cripps, therefore your second best player last year.
Gibbs finished fourth in ours so you can say he is our fourth best player.
But taunting us because Gibbs is turning 30 is just a plain stupid argument. The best players who commit to training standards and look after their bodies can play well into their 30s. Playing at them moment are Burgoyne, Simpson, Ablett, Hodge, and they aren't just making up the numbers on the field. Before them Harvey and Fletcher.
Whereas other players have to retire before 30 due to differing reasons such as Cyril.
Gibbs to me appears to be the type of player who could easily play for another 5 years. Apart from 2015 he has had a great run with injury so nothing should hold him back apart from passion.

Where were you when we were talking up his trade value, hiding in the corner sucking your thumb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaah fair enough. Sorry hard to read context through just text haha.
It is an interesting concept. I'm sure you have players who regret changing clubs others who don't, and others who regret not changing clubs and vice versa.
Does Deledio regret leaving the Tigers for the Giants thinking they had a better shot at the flag and then the Tigers win it? Possibly.
Would Dangerfield have regretted moving to the Cats if the Crows won the flag instead of getting smashed in the final? Maybe not since he moved for family reasons.
All players have different motivations for playing I guess. So basically this analysis has answered nothing haha
So your not really a Crows supporter. I mean you can't be one of those and make an intelligent well reasoned argument.........

You know what would be hilarious............. Adelaide being stripped of their 2019 first round draft pick following further investigations on their preseason camp :p

It was a practice match, Devon Smith came on after half time. The one thing that Carlton did extremely well last night was repeated entry in to the forward line.

It was a win over one of our hated rivals.

I get that you have one new manufactured rival and that's it.

We however have several rivalries that have been around a long time and no matter when or where we play them beating them is worth crowing about ( definitely no pun intended).

I'm going by the result in your best and fairest last year. Simpson finished second behind Cripps, therefore your second best player last year.
Gibbs finished fourth in ours so you can say he is our fourth best player.
But taunting us because Gibbs is turning 30 is just a plain stupid argument. The best players who commit to training standards and look after their bodies can play well into their 30s. Playing at them moment are Burgoyne, Simpson, Ablett, Hodge, and they aren't just making up the numbers on the field. Before them Harvey and Fletcher.
Whereas other players have to retire before 30 due to differing reasons such as Cyril.
Gibbs has proven extremely durable over his career, just blessed with a very forgiving body. I have little doubt he can play well past thirty unless tragedy strikes.

Gibbs had a really good year last year, and I thought he was better than 4th in their b&f.
Was one of the few that when things were going the otherway stood up and kept them in games.

I wouldnt be surprised if he kept going for a few years yet. Though I think it would be in his best interests to only play a maximum of 99 games for the crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back