How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of who you barrack for, it's difficult not to be happy for Connor Rozee. He was drafted by the true SA AFL side. Good on the young fella, hope he has an awesome AFL career.
He’ll get a good sense of what a real club with history is all about no doubt.

Gibbs had a really good year last year, and I thought he was better than 4th in their b&f.
Was one of the few that when things were going the otherway stood up and kept them in games.

I wouldnt be surprised if he kept going for a few years yet. Though I think it would be in his best interests to only play a maximum of 99 games for the crows.
His best interest or yours? :p
If all things had been fair and equal Gibbs would have played for us his whole career under the father son rule. Bloody rules :rolleyes:

pmsl, some of your one liners are hilarious. This time I almost dropped my cigarette into my laptop after reading this rooozee.
You use a laptop?

His best interest or yours? :p
If all things had been fair and equal Gibbs would have played for us his whole career under the father son rule. Bloody rules :rolleyes:
What afl club did his dad play for? Oh. Yeah. Oh and did he play for Adelaide for the overlap in his career after Adelaide was founded in 1991? Oh. Nope. I'd be more persuaded by that argument had he played 1 game for Adelaide. He didn't.

Don't think SA warrants 2 AFL teams; its far to small. Crows should have their licence revoked and be swallowed up by PA. It's the only way to ensure the integrity of AFL competition moving forward.
I know that's tongue in cheek, but let's look at the facts shall we...

SA population = 1.72 million, so 860k supporters per team
Victoria population = 6.27 million, so 627k supporters per team

Maybe we should get rid of a Victorian team or two?:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What afl club did his dad play for? Oh. Yeah. Oh and did he play for Adelaide for the overlap in his career after Adelaide was founded in 1991? Oh. Nope. I'd be more persuaded by that argument had he played 1 game for Adelaide. He didn't.
Well yeah didn't play for Adelaide, but had clubs assigned to Adelaide and he played for one of them. But had to play 200 games before Adelaide came in, but had only played 190 something by that point. Whereas for the WA teams the guys only had to play 150 games in the WAFL. Where's the fairness there?

Well yeah didn't play for Adelaide, but had clubs assigned to Adelaide and he played for one of them. But had to play 200 games before Adelaide came in, but had only played 190 something by that point. Whereas for the WA teams the guys only had to play 150 games in the WAFL. Where's the fairness there?
Where's the fairness in the AFL? They're the most inconsistent sports governing body. Gold Coast and Gws got rather different starting packages. Carlton weren't the only team caught cap cheating but were made the example. Shouldn't expect fairness from AFL House.

Don't need 2 resident sides to accommodate your current population levels. Blues and a few other real AFL sides can play a game or 2 in Adelaide each year; and swallow up the remaining number of supporters that refuse to follow PA. ;)

Last edited:
Where's the fairness in the AFL? They're the most inconsistent sports governing body. Gold Coast and Gws got rather different starting packages. Carlton weren't the only team caught cap cheating but were made the example. Shouldn't expect fairness from AFL House.
Hahah I know the equality is ridiculous. They gave GWS a better starting package because the original idea was for them to actually play out west, as in Blacktown, rather than in Homebush so figured they would need better salary etc to entice players to move. Then they decided to play and train in Homebush but kept all the benefits.

If it really was fair then Tassie would have a team by now and I would be happy!

Happy for North & Saints to make way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back