How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But every other club with a pick in that range should also come under the same pressure if there are stars in that group that they missed.im sure most clubs have missed a gun player and picked a dud somewhere in their drafting history. I have confidence in our recruiting like I have never had and equally confidence in our development that I hadn't had before. I also have strong faith in SOS' recruitment plans. There are so many more layers to this trade than first appear to the eye, and as others have said it will takes years for it to be fully evaluated with clarity.

Looks like there is a few people here that are at panic stations already, The trade is more based on what Stocker ends up becoming rather than the number the picks end up becoming imo.

Carlton whilst still on 1 win in 8 rounds ould still end up with 4-6 wins which is where i had them at prior to the season and could still easily finish the season 15th/16th which would give crows pick #3/#4 and they could miss out on the 'Top 2 Guns"

GWS
St Kilda x 2
Essendon
Lions
Bulldogs
Fremantle
Melb
Swans
Suns

There are still alot of winnable games there and i can see 4 more games which the blues should win based on their performance's so far this season

Looks like there is a few people here that are at panic stations already, The trade is more based on what Stocker ends up becoming rather than the number the picks end up becoming imo.

Carlton whilst still on 1 win in 8 rounds ould still end up with 4-6 wins which is where i had them at prior to the season and could still easily finish the season 15th/16th which would give crows pick #3/#4 and they could miss out on the 'Top 2 Guns"

GWS
St Kilda x 2
Essendon
Lions
Bulldogs
Fremantle
Melb
Swans
Suns

There are still alot of winnable games there and i can see 4 more games which the blues should win based on their performance's so far this season
I think I would include Saints x 2 in the very winnable and likely to win games. Not to say we will win all of those winnable games but I think we are a good show in all of them. I think we will win 4-5 out of those winnables and also upset an unlikely top team. End up with 6-7 wins and finish 14-15th.

So comparing our trade with the crows from last year with 2012/2013 season and same picks. We would get Ben Kennedy (Pick 19 2012) and as current ladder positions this year stand Darcy Lang (2013 pick 16) and crows get Tom Boyd (Pick 1 2013).
Who wins trade?

After today’s news - just some food for thought 😬

So comparing our trade with the crows from last year with 2012/2013 season and same picks. We would get Ben Kennedy (Pick 19 2012) and as current ladder positions this year stand Darcy Lang (2013 pick 16) and crows get Tom Boyd (Pick 1 2013).
Who wins trade?

After today’s news - just some food for thought 😬
Boyd delivered his team a premiership. Kennedy struggled and was delisted, and Lang hasn’t shown much.
Pretty easy to say who wins that trade.

Boyd delivered his team a premiership. Kennedy struggled and was delisted, and Lang hasn’t shown much.
Pretty easy to say who wins that trade.
Yeah I do agree that Boyd has delivered more so far, however let’s be honest that he only played a handful of good games in his career - one being the GF win. And now he’s done. Ben Kennedy has a few good games but only played 40 and done.
Lang has had injuries but played some solid games and has a goal per game average not much less than Boyd. If he gets his body right, I think he is still in our best 22 from the talent I saw in him at Geelong early career. Either way, he’s still on a list.
GWS who drafted Boyd had him leave after one season and they got Ryan Griffen and pick 6 (Marchbank) in return. Griffen had two years with injury and inconsistent output and Marchbank came home for lower draft swaps. So do we rate that on what GWS got from pick 1?
Maybe if Anderson or Rowell went to Crows they might want to come home to Melbourne after two years. Anderson would definitely be a worry to want to go home to Hawks where his dad won a couple of flags just like Gunston did.
But as I said in my post, it was food for thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryce leaving the Crows would be even funnier than the time they took Dean Gore as part of the Dangerfield trade ... only for him to end up leaving them to go play VFL for Geelong again.

Bryce leaving the Crows would be even funnier than the time they took Dean Gore as part of the Dangerfield trade ... only for him to end up leaving them to go play VFL for Geelong again.
Would we take Gibbs back for a couple of seasons?
Maybe Crows would give us Gibbs and reverse the pick swap in this years first round just to get him off the list.. 🤣

We only had Gore included in the deal to create an element of doubt as to how badly we were rogered at the trade table. A poster who gets solid inside info on our board has said that Bryce had next to no preseason due to a groin problem and that’s been the cause of his lacklustre intensity. But there’s also been rumblings of personal issues. One thing is certain, his heart never left the CFC, he’d still be there if it was up to him.

They are realistic. If realism scares you then I can not help you. I see another rebuild on the horizon but luckily this time we have a decent core of 5-6 players unlucky for them they are poorly coached.
Seriously i dont come on here to read this rot... divided opinions in a big way here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back