Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Bahahaha...it’s like their world has ended over that win over in cow paddock. Their collective minds are spinning over us being able to beat Brisbane but they can’t.
And grubbo....pffftt suggesting he’ll take on blues posters...in a thread we can’t post in, nut job!!
No he won't, he's weak as p...

thebluelagoon

All Australian
Oct 27, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Just checked the ladder, we are still on the bottom! wtf?

can't be accused of tanking at least... although i'm thinking we could cut a deal with the Crows, come last and they will give us Gibbs back for nothing... not a great deal as Gibbs will probably be delisted at end of year anyway...

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Bahahaha...it’s like their world has ended over that win over in cow paddock. Their collective minds are spinning over us being able to beat Brisbane but they can’t.
And grubbo....pffftt suggesting he’ll take on blues posters...in a thread we can’t post in, nut job!!
The ole Grubbo aye..
Don't change ..we like free comedy..

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
From here, I’d just be happy to not give them pick #1. If it is #2 or #3 I can live with that.

As a list, currently they don’t look to be going anywhere fast
Our best case scenario is to get pick 3/4.

If they give us 9/10 back then I’m more than happy with that. Stocker has x-factor

Zatoichi Blue

Plays best in the wet
Nov 26, 2016
Tootgarook
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cincinatti Bearcats
Pity Giants didn't deliver on Phase 4 prediction. Have a breather everyone and enjoy the win from yesterday. We've had a glorious taste of it and now the boys will want some more. Belief is there that WB are beatable (already proven that), so recover well, train and focus with intent this week. Next weekend, play with some freedom (no matter if we get a few goals behind, we can win ANY game, with some bloody grit and grind) and we can have our third win and start the climb off the bottom.

As for Adelaide, well, I rarely like barracking for Richmond, but this Thursday I will be. Then the cows have the Bye before they get smashed at Geelong.

Hell, in 2 weeks, we could off the bottom and Adelaide in the bottom 8. Things are starting to look good. Carn the Blues.....and the Tiges.

Welp. Really needed Melbourne to win last week & GWS tonight. First round pick not looking too flash.. Can’t get elite talent with a late first round pick.
What pick was Cripps again?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Welp. Really needed Melbourne to win last week & GWS tonight. First round pick not looking too flash.. Can’t get elite talent with a late first round pick.
Why when we will trade it...what does it matter whether it’s pick 18 or pick 8?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
They desperately need pick one lets be honest. Poor things.
They wont get it but if they did they would stuff it up and get a dud.
They just want it as they have nothing else to hang their collective minds hats on...they now know their team isn’t premiership material so the only thing they have to look forward to is pick one. And it’s only now they’re realising that that may not happen as the Suns continue to sink to the level we all anticipated, whilst we build.

Blues_1864

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Why when we will trade it...what does it matter whether it’s pick 18 or pick 8?

Well, because of the trade value. Pick 8 will get you a walk-up best-22 midfielder from just about any club in the league, if we can persuade the player to come. Pick 18 doesn't get that done without other sweeteners, unless you're lucky enough to pry out a disgruntled player from somewhere.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Well, because of the trade value. Pick 8 will get you a walk-up best-22 midfielder from just about any club in the league, if we can persuade the player to come. Pick 18 doesn't get that done without other sweeteners, unless you're lucky enough to pry out a disgruntled player from somewhere.
If a player wants to come to us, we will get him...whether with pick 8...18...with other picks, whatever. The value whether it’s combined picks/players or with one pick - will still get the trade done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back