AFL Club
Carlton
Jul 31, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Went through the ladder predictor twice. Once with my actual realistic selections, and once with best case scenario.

I had us finishing 15th. Sadly I had Adelaide finishing 4th.

My best case scenario (unrealistic to be honest) attempt had us finishing 9th. It had Adelaide finishing 11th.

I did that too. Had us winning the flag and Adelaide 12th. Maybe I was too optimistic....

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
What is it with the cows and going off on stretchers with season ending injuries, only to be back playing a couple of weeks later?
Seedsman goes off like his career has ended and his cat has died, over a minor injury, and now Jenkins plays the same card.
What a wierd bunch.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
What is it with the cows and going off on stretchers with season ending injuries, only to be back playing a couple of weeks later?
Seedsman goes off like his career has ended and his cat has died, over a minor injury, and now Jenkins plays the same card.
What a wierd bunch.
Soft as butter that lot ..

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
If they manage to keep B.Crouch fit, they are going to finish top 4. He is their best player.

Was he ever available cheaply?

We should have tried for a straight swap for Gibbs

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
Don’t forget their last two wins were both at home. Richmond had their B team out there and GWS folded as they did in Tasmania.

Their win against a bad side in Melbourne had merit.
Who else have they really beaten ? They’ve had one of the softest draws in a long time and of course there’s a lot more soft to come.

Geelong will smack them.

Their only chance of glory is a home Prelim. They’re not much chop away from that stadium.

Still doesn’t excuse our trade as an absolute disaster that should never have happened.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Got anything negative you want to say about them.
They are a plastic corporation with no soul....

Was he ever available cheaply?

We should have tried for a straight swap for Gibbs

Unfortunately I have many Crow supporting mates who, if they are anything to go by, B.Crouch is rated extremely highly (think how we rate Cripps) and was never available for cheap. Watching him live last night, he really has the potential to be a top 5 player in the AFL, injuries permitting.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
They are a plastic corporation with no soul....

Unfortunately I have many Crow supporting mates who, if they are anything to go by, B.Crouch is rated extremely highly (think how we rate Cripps) and was never available for cheap. Watching him live last night, he really has the potential to be a top 5 player in the AFL, injuries permitting.

100% correct.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Especially the plastic corporation with no soul bit!!
You seem to think we are offended by this comment, but we aren't.

If being a plastic soulless corporation means we keep winning, have an excellent track record for finding and developing talent, are profitable, have no debt, sponsors up to our wazoo and thousands of loyal members. OK then, I guess we are.

The alternative, being broke and anchored to the bottom of the ladder for nearly 20 years? It doesn't seem all that palatable.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

If being a plastic soulless corporation means we keep winning, have an excellent track record for finding and developing talent, are profitable, have no debt, sponsors up to our wazoo and thousands of loyal members. OK then, I guess we are.

The alternative, being broke and anchored to the bottom of the ladder for nearly 20 years, it doesn't seem all that palatable.
If your not offended, why did you bother to reply, oh i get it,s because you can.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

The alternative, being broke and anchored to the bottom of the ladder for nearly 20 years? It doesn't seem all that palatable.

A fair post and nothing that I would say wasn't factual of the last 15 odd years for both clubs.

Unfortunately you left out a few more facts

Crows, while admiring their talent identification and development, suffer with player retention and have not won anything of note, despite being in a position to nail a flag at least a couple times

Blues, had a poor culture and even worse list managers that never embraced the draft and or player development.

Now think about the changes or lack thereof, both clubs have made and what that future direction will look like in the coming years

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio

Ahhh, it was a facetious one-liner that you have responded back to with 3 paragraphs of dribble....

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Unfortunately what Crow supporters and many of our own, continue to forget, from the start of the trade and until the upcoming trade period, it is a 2 for 1 deal, with no guarantees that any of the players selected will be busts and or better than the other
Ours will be much better.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back