Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
PP's can be before, in the middle of the first round or before second round .Up to the AFL. Gold Coast want one at the start of the first round.

They used to be before but have been end of 1st rnd/start of 2nd rnd for years.

Unless the makey uppey AFL make it up as they go along dependant on the Club that receives a PP.

Guaranteed if it was us, it would be end of 1st rnd.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
They used to be before but have been end of 1st rnd/start of 2nd rnd for years.

Unless the makey uppey AFL make it up as they go along dependant on the Club that receives a PP.

Guaranteed if it was us, it would be end of 1st rnd.
I'd be happy with that, we'd have two picks before Adelaide have their second.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Rankin signing for further 2 years will throw a spanner in the works ..
Crow supporters have been telling us that he's theirs for the pick they're getting off us ....oops..
I’m so happy to hear that and hope the AFL offer him JL and King a bucket load of money to be the face of the club up there.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Are we seriously entertaining the thought of a priority pick? Time to move on guys and stop groveling on our knees. We dont deserve a priority pick. We went to the draft and invested heavily in kids. That was a strategic decision. We also traded away our top pick for this year. The sooner we accept the reality that we will not be getting a priority pick the better

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Every year every club goes to the draft.
We haven’t made finals since 2011 and sit 17th on the ladder. Yeah we don’t need any help.
What if Doc never comes back, some of our high pick players don’t come through, might be stuck down here for a long time. I would take whatever they give us.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Rankin signing for further 2 years will throw a spanner in the works ..
Crow supporters have been telling us that he's theirs for the pick they're getting off us ....oops..
They'll be hating Gold Coast right now...taken pick 1 (potentially) away from them...Luko and Rankine up there enjoying life away from Adelaide...possible priority pick which affects who they may draft.
A curse they brought onto themselves...amongst others (GF floppers, collective minds, pike, power stance, gibbs etc)
Do I feel sorry for them - not one iota!

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
We created this situation, with our poor recruiting and list management prior to 2015.

We then fully embraced the rebuild/draft for the first time in our history, the last club to do so.

Was always going to be further short term pain, this time for a long term strategy

We don't deserve, nor need a PP and things will turn soon

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Are we seriously entertaining the thought of a priority pick? Time to move on guys and stop groveling on our knees. We dont deserve a priority pick. We went to the draft and invested heavily in kids. That was a strategic decision. We also traded away our top pick for this year. The sooner we accept the reality that we will not be getting a priority pick the better
No we're not seriously entertaining a priority pick, but we are in this thread.;)

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We created this situation, with our poor recruiting and list management prior to 2015.

We then fully embraced the rebuild/draft for the first time in our history, the last club to do so.

Was always going to be further short term pain, this time for a long term strategy

Although I don’t believe we need one because we’re on the right track - I think that if the AFL has any integrity whatsoever, they have to give us one IF the Suns get one.

I would take it. Every opportunity to get a better player in, the better.

Look at the Hawks/Pies and what their dynasties were built on - priority picks... Getting in a core of superstars over 2-3 years.

Pies even got one in about 2005 after dropping to the bottom 2 or 3 after being in 2 GF’s and finals previous 3 years, then to bounce straight back into finals and stay there. I think it was Daisy they got with a priority pick and Pendlebury with their actual pick...

I really like the concept of a priority pick being conditional it is traded for an established player/s. This would be great for us and where we are at.

Would also mean that Crows would get pick 4 at best which although doesn’t matter to us at all - it would provide some amusement hearing their cries!

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I just started a PP discussion thread, sure this will be a topic of interest for many over the coming months. Not sure how to post the link..

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

I always find this logic interesting, teams that recruited poorly only have themselves to blame and therefore don't deserve a PP, those who recruited well are successful and don't need one.

Nobody ever gets a PP! Meanwhile the swans grab Blakey for a handful of picks in the 30's (and then trade back in to the 20's), the lions have grabbed players like Hipwood, Andrews and Keays through their Academy, North get Thomas, the Pies get Quaynor etc etc

The draft is incredibly corrupt so who cares what we deserve or what we need, we take as much as we can get!

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I always find this logic interesting, teams that recruited poorly only have themselves to blame and therefore don't deserve a PP, those who recruited well are successful and don't need one.

Nobody ever gets a PP! Meanwhile the swans grab Blakey for a handful of picks in the 30's (and then trade back in to the 20's), the lions have grabbed players like Hipwood, Andrews and Keays through their Academy, North get Thomas, the Pies get Quaynor etc etc

The draft is incredibly corrupt so who cares what we deserve or what we need, we take as much as we can get!
This!
🙏Thank you

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I just started a PP discussion thread, sure this will be a topic of interest for many over the coming months. Not sure how to post the link..
Here it is.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Wouldn't it have been amazing if prior to 2015 our inept recruiters did what they were suppose to do, just like the Crows, Pies, Tigers, Cats to name a few that like us never had access to academy players, yet built strong competative sides, rather than begging for a handout

And now that we all have access to NGA, like other sides, perhaps we will focus on developing kids in that zone

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Wouldn't it have been amazing if prior to 2015 our inept recruiters did what they were suppose to do, just like the Crows, Pies, Tigers, Cats to name a few that like us never had access to academy players, yet built strong competative sides, rather than begging for a handout

And now that we all have access to NGA, like other sides, perhaps we will focus on developing kids in that zone
You mean like Richmond who got Deledio and Rance as priority picks, or Geelong who got Scarlett, the Ablett brothers, Tim Callan, Mark Blake, Tom Hawkins, Jed Bews & Oscar Brownless as father sons and now have every second player nominate them as a destination club? Or COllingwood who got Didak & Thomas as priorities plus the Shaws, Clokes, Moore, Brown, Daicos & Kelly as father sons plus Quaynor as an academy player?

It is amazing what those clubs did with no AFL assistance!!

Last edited:

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
You mean like Richmond who got Deledio and Rance as priority picks, or Geelong who got Scarlett, the Ablett brothers, Tim Callan, Mark Blake, Tom Hawkins, Jed Bews & Oscar Brownless as father sons and now have every second player nominate them as a destination club? Or COllingwood who got Didak & Thomas as priorities plus the Shaws, Clokes, Moore, Brown, Daicos & Kelly as an academy plus Quaynor as an academy player?

Man how do you remember all of that? I would struggle to remember what CFC players delisted from 5 years ago would look like.

You mean like Richmond who got Deledio and Rance as priority picks, or Geelong who got Scarlett, the Ablett brothers, Tim Callan, Mark Blake, Tom Hawkins, Jed Bews & Oscar Brownless as father sons and now have every second player nominate them as a destination club? Or COllingwood who got Didak & Thomas as priorities plus the Shaws, Clokes, Moore, Brown, Daicos & Kelly as father sons plus Quaynor as an academy player?

quality work :thumbsu: - now quit disparaging arrow and you'll have access to the executive toilet at bf manor..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back