Debutant
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Some interesting info from a former Adelaide player yesterday

- all the players hate pyke
- all the players LOVED Teague and want him to replace pyke
- betts hates pyke and wants out
- confidentially agreements were signed so he wouldn’t elaborate on the preseason training camp

Absolute mess over there. Sos probably knew this at the time of making that trade too. You’re not ever going to excel when you really dislike your own coach

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Some interesting info from a former Adelaide player yesterday

- all the players hate pyke
- all the players LOVED Teague and want him to replace pyke
- betts hates pyke and wants out
- confidentially agreements were signed so he wouldn’t elaborate on the preseason training camp

Absolute mess over there. Sos probably knew this at the time of making that trade too. You’re not ever going to excel when you really dislike your own coach
At current ladder positions the trade is reasonably close but probably a little in our favour whether you look at it based on points or the quality of players historically drafted with the picks swapped.

However, if the pick differential moves any closer, with each pick it becomes significantly more in our favour.

I honestly think that by the end of it, the player they pick up with pick 3 or 4 will be no better than Stocker OR the player we get from trading their pick.

Feel like it will end up a 2 for 1 deal to us.

Just serviceable at best. Thought Phillips was 50/50 against him. Tim English would be twice the player. Rowan Marshall is clearly better. I'd even prefer Ladhams from Port Adelaide. Hoping TDK will be better.
wut?

Smegger

Club Legend
May 19, 2016
place without a postcard
AFL Club
Carlton
If you were trading for a young ruckman right now in my opinion Tim English (22 years old) would require a 5 - 8 pick, Marshall (23 years old) not too far off that maybe 9 - 12. O'Brien (24 this month) would maybe go 18 - 20.
O'brien's been in their system for a while now. Looks well and truly ready to take over from Jacobs.

Perfect results today.

Tonight:

- Dogs to beat Essendon
- North to beat Geelong

3 out of 4 ain’t bad.

Only the long shot and the least important didn’t get up.

Tomorrow:

- Fremantle to beat St Kilda
- West Coast to obliterate Adelaide

Oh, and...

- Carlton to beat Richmond

I
The results we need, and the results we want for this to happen.

Needs:
West Coast defeat Adelaide
North defeat Geelong

Want (would be preferable but not necessary):
Port beat Sydney
Freo beat St Kilda
Bulldogs defeat Essendon

However at least 1 of Port and Freo need to win.
Without some kind of minor miracle with their percentage North can no longer make finals or finish above Adelaide.

The lowest Adelaide can now finish is 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back