Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownDog20

All Australian
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Burton and camporalie seem like the two cancer cells

Is this just an outside opinion of the fans or is this a genuine belief amongst people inside the club?

I think you are correct but living in Adelaide and watching a lot of crows games as I do, I can’t get past the fact that Pyke doesn’t seem to be a very good game day coach.

The thing that we love about Teague is that he is willing to change things up in game and Pyke doesn’t seem to do that.

Sanderson was the same and paid the price for this.

Walsh was a great game day coach.

TryAnHit

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is this just an outside opinion of the fans or is this a genuine belief amongst people inside the club?

I think you are correct but living in Adelaide and watching a lot of crows games as I do, I can’t get past the fact that Pyke doesn’t seem to be a very good game day coach.

The thing that we love about Teague is that he is willing to change things up in game and Pyke doesn’t seem to do that.

Sanderson was the same and paid the price for this.

Walsh was a great game day coach.
Agee he's a poor game day coach. We never have a plan B. We be kicking ourselves letting teague go.
But as said something it wrong inside the club somewhere

Heres Waite

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Crows supporters are a strange mob!!
A few quotes:

Rumour has it both Crouch brothers, Seedsman and Greenwood all on Gold Coast coincidentally as we speak.Could be involved in a mega swap? Picks 1,2 and Lukosius to Adelaide?

Almost spat my coffee out!! Luckily we do have someone with a bit of sense over there who replies:

Crouch boys holiday on GC all the time.

But then this reply:

That's my understanding also, from rellies who live on the GC and have seemingly stalked Crows players when they arrive.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Crows supporters are a strange mob!!
A few quotes:

Rumour has it both Crouch brothers, Seedsman and Greenwood all on Gold Coast coincidentally as we speak.Could be involved in a mega swap? Picks 1,2 and Lukosius to Adelaide?

Almost spat my coffee out!! Luckily we do have someone with a bit of sense over there who replies:

Crouch boys holiday on GC all the time.

But then this reply:

That's my understanding also, from rellies who live on the GC and have seemingly stalked Crows players when they arrive.

Last year the GC drafted Lukosius, Rankine and King. This year if they get the priority pick, it will be Rowell and Anderson. They have other young talent. They are a team on the rise and that Crows fan thinks GCS would rather not see that group of youngsters happen because they’re so intrigue by a quartet of Crows players who played in a team that heavily regressed the last 2 years?

Gold Coast are building a great young list and would be stupid to let that happen (it won’t happen as that is the sort of s**t trade a 13 year old would devise on a video game, not even an adult who make that trade in a video game because he should know better).

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Last year the GC drafted Lukosius, Rankine and King. This year if they get the priority pick, it will be Rowell and Anderson. They have other young talent. They are a team on the rise and that Crows fan thinks GCS would rather not see that group of youngsters happen because they’re so intrigue by a quartet of Crows players who played in a team that heavily regressed the last 2 years?

Gold Coast are building a great young list and would be stupid to let that happen (it won’t happen as that is the sort of s**t trade a Reid would devise on a video game, not even an adult who make that trade in a video game because he should know better).

EFA

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Date May 29th.
One of my favourites.

And in the end, Adelaide finished 3 wins better than Carlton, who started the year 1-10 and were reamed all year by the umpires, all the while Adelaide had full health all year and an easy draw lol.

Another pick swap please.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Grubbo was shouting the loudest about the blues being the joke of the league earlier this year...funny how things pan out.

Matthew Lloyd - "There’s clubs laughing at the Adelaide Crows”
Remember his list of our wins and losses ?
I rc he had us crayon'd in for 2 wins ..He even convinced his mates ! He had his crows in the top 4 lmfao so...
How's Them apples Grubbo????

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Remember his list of our wins and losses ?
I rc he had us crayon'd in for 2 wins ..He even convinced his mates ! He had his crows in the top 4 lmfao so...
How's Them apples Grubbo????
How quiet he is now....squib.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dominator7

Unleash Finbar's Fury
Sep 22, 2016
D'Amico Republic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Cubs, FC Brugge
How glorious are the Cows right now, it’s like an ongoing episode of The Batchelor.

I was totally ambivalent toward the Crows until this year (loved watching Modra play back in the day) and the pick swap. I thought at the start the trade was a win/win regardless of the ladder positions because both teams got what they wanted and I wasn’t going to get too worked up about it.

Then I started reading their deathriding thread and ours and really enjoyed the angst thrown across each others bows - having said that, how soft was it of them to close it to Crows only.

But now it’s done, and I no longer care about them, I don’t know why I can’t stop reading their various threads and taking some sort of perverse voyeuristic pleasure out of their current predicament - totally of their own doing.....I suppose that says something about me !!

Like Arr0w, I don’t think their list is as bad as others make out, BUT at a time when they do need to refresh on field, they are making it very hard for themselves to improve outside of the draft. Everything about their coaching and back office stinks, the Review is a dead set farce, and they simply will not move forward until its sorted.....we know how a toxic back office can hinder a club, the Cows seem to have gone full bunta.

One of the funnier things is reading them talk about trade targets and scenarios...I mean in all seriousness, unless you are starved of options, are you going to step into that mess - SA native or not - during this FA/trade period?? Only way they’re getting even average players in is a massive overpay, and that’s not their conservative style.

....and finally, Brett Burton as Footy ops boss (or whatever he is)....bwah ha ha ha ha....imagine if he’s still there after the review!!!!

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow, a South Australian Nostradamus.

Comedy gold by 70lethal.
Of the 7 teams he listed they went 3 & 4 with an average losing score of 85.6 to 88.4.

ADE 151 - GCS 56 (95)
ADE 92 - STK 70 (22)
ADE 90 - MEL 88 (2)

ADE 44 - PTA 101 (-57)
ADE 87 - WBD 121 (-34)
ADE 60 - CAR 87 (-27)
ADE 75 - ESS 96 (-21)

In the same period they also had a 66 point loss to the Pies, a 27 point loss to the Cats, a 10 point loss to the Eagles. They also had a 21 point win over GWS and a 33 point win over the Tigers, both played mid-season when they had some injury issues (tigers well known, GWs had no Greene or Whitfield, Cogs playing a bit hurt at that stage?)

Overall they went 5-7 after Lethal made his call. We went 6-6 including games against teams that finished the H&A season at 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th & 8th, not to mention sacking our coach after the first game of that 12 game period. They played the whole top 8 except for Brisbane. Average ladder position of teams played is nearly the same for both of us, 9.5 compared to 9.1. Considering they were supposedly a lock for top 4 while we were an apparent shoe in for the spoon, I think we did alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back