How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm thinking that's exactly what could happen.

I'd say Adelaide went early on Pyke to stop the mass exodus. Pending identity of the new coach I can see a few rumoured players changing their minds.

Wasn't early enough. Even Adelaide's media release says they've been discussing it for 2 entire weeks! They should have been in the ear of key players wanting out as they've now had their managers enquiring with clubs during this time.

I'm guessing they negotiated the "stepping down" instead of sacking, and a hefty, hefty undisclosed payout.

Made a scapegoat imo so that Roo and his boys club can largely remain intact.

How can you expect him to thrive in such an oppressive environment? Crows board allude to him not even getting to really choose his own assistants like Camporeale and Hart.

Despite that he took them to a GF and according to the article, has a very healthy win % of over 60%.

He should have stayed, with some of the assistants plus Burton & Roo cleaned out.

Made a scapegoat imo so that Roo and his boys club can largely remain intact.

How can you expect him to thrive in such an oppressive environment? Crows board allude to him not even getting to really choose his own assistants like Camporeale and Hart.

Despite that he took them to a GF and according to the article, has a very healthy win % of over 60%.

He should have stayed, with some of the assistants plus Burton & Roo cleaned out.
Just like Bolton hey! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach always cops it in the neck for other departments making poor decisions

If they think this will gloss over the cracks from the back office, the are doomed to be a mid to lower table side

Only area that it may help short term is player retention, but that still depends on who get the gig

Doubt it would even help that, maybe make it worse.

From what we keep hearing the players have problems with Burton and maybe even Camporeale...never really heard players had issues with Pyke except maybe Jenkins.

I think it might be the other way round

Future 1st for Martin + 15. Take Elijah Taylor if he is still on the board. Or might be used in another trade, Zac Williams would be my target

Pick 8 for Papley + a shuffle of later picks

Gray for a scuffle of 4th rounders

Cameron for a token pick or part of Papley deal

Plus a FA, Tomlinson would do just fine
Elijah Taylor. Would be a very nice pickup.

I'm thinking that's exactly what could happen.

I'd say Adelaide went early on Pyke to stop the mass exodus. Pending identity of the new coach I can see a few rumoured players changing their minds.

Unless these players are well entrenched in Adelaide life (the city) I thinks it's too late. they should have sacked him mid season so the players could get used to the new coach and/or possible replacements. the big unknown (players worrying about where they stand with a new coach) would deter a lot from staying i'd suspect.

I’ll ask this here, cause I’d probably get carded on Crows board but I’m curious and it effects Freo too.

With the clubs now having to tell assistant coaches if they will be resigned for the following year by 31st August, so what happens for the new senior coach coming in? If they want their own assistants, the club would obviously be able to pay out the assistants they guaranteed for next year, but as that would come under the football department cap, this has to make it a lot harder for whoever gets either job and the club to the get the team of coaches they want.

Adelaide & Freo can afford it, but their are a lot of clubs that may not be able to afford the extra tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back