Traded Pick swap: Gold Coast trade #27 to Geelong for a 2021 R3 pick (Melb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues future third got 37

Dees future third got 27.

Interesting...

Shows that this draft is absolute trash if the best they could get for 27 was a future third.

Honestly think it's more to do with the fact that we have a decent trading relationship with GC, after we dealt in good faith with the Ablett deal. They weren't gonna use it and we needed it, so they threw us a good pick for more points next year.

They did the same last year giving us Pick 58 for Zac Smith, and then trading us their future mid first concession pick for 27 - to take Jeremy Sharp.

Amazing what happens when you actually don't piss clubs off lol. It's why our negotiations will be better with GWS in future, as opposed to how Essendon and Adelaide will go after their antics this trade period.

List manager's have very long memories, and much like your own club, professionalism is always remembered and always rewarded. We're just reaping the benefits of that in this pick swap - just like you guys did getting Witherden for sweet FA

Honestly think it's more to do with the fact that we have a decent trading relationship with GC, after we dealt in good faith with the Ablett deal. They weren't gonna use it and we needed it, so they threw us a good pick for more points next year.

They did the same last year giving us Pick 58 for Zac Smith, and then trading us their future mid first concession pick for 27 - to take Jeremy Sharp.

Amazing what happens when you actually don't piss clubs off lol. It's why our negotiations will be better with GWS in future, as opposed to how Essendon and Adelaide will go after their antics this trade period.

List manager's have very long memories, and much like your own club, professionalism is always remembered and always rewarded. We're just reaping the benefits of that in this pick swap - just like you guys did getting Witherden for sweet FA
Or it's simply a case of the Suns having their lunch money stolen again.

You literally got Witherden for a nothing pick with some of his salary being paid.
What's your point?

Quiet now, the adults are talking.
You mean your fantasy about the special friendship between Geelong and GC? That's "the adults talking"? What a load of rubbish.

What's your point?

You mean your fantasy about the special friendship between Geelong and GC? That's "the adults talking"? What a load of rubbish.

Point is, Brisbane gave you a 'wristie' with that deal - why so sour about us? Or is it only WC that should get favourable deals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sour about Geelong. I say good luck to you. It's simply another head scratcher by the Suns.

You sound paranoid and defensive for no reason.

Lol you were all 'WTF', I simply responded in kind. Honestly was just my take on things, which you jumped on. Difference of opinion, we move on

If GC were willing to turn down better offers just to please geelong (seems highly unlikely?), then i agree with your post.

But if they just traded with whoever offered the most, then I don't think your relationship is really relevant. .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back