Traded Pick swap: GWS trade #29 and #52 to Western Bulldogs in exchange for #26

Remove this Banner Ad

So the dogs will now use 2 x 2nd round and 4 x 3rd round picks to match for the best player in the draft.

What a farce! Seriously!

This one off rule is a joke, and list spots haven't really even been affected.
It's all good, we've got some good NGA prospects comiing through next year's draft where we can game the system ;)

It's all good, we've got some good NGA prospects coming through next year's draft where we can game the system ;)
Yeah, when they have said they will remove the matching on the first round and go back to the rule of only using they number of picks you can use equal to the number of list spots.

170 point surplus, happy with that. Still have the option of trading down pick 29 for a small surplus too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs will get pick 1 for: 29, 33, 41, 42, 52, 54 and 90.

Trading a bunch of junk for gold.

Changes will come off the back of this surely.
AFL changed the rules that clubs could stockpile more picks than spots available.

The system already overvalues later picks.

Either the AFL must rid of the discount or devalue the later the picks.

The NGA was always a rort. Dogs reaping the benefits this time. I’m pretty happy the system is being changed.
I'm not. The system is getting worse. You get bids on a player if there the first pick of the 2nd round but not theast of the 1st. It's a stupid way to do it.

Just have it like they usually have it with having to have list spots to use those picks with while getting rid of the discounts. Tighten the criteria to qualify the NGA too. It's way too broad.

Or get rid of the NGAs completely and have a centralised AFL academy that can work the same as the club academies atm. Idk how well this would work though.

I'm not. The system is getting worse. You get bids on a player if there the first pick of the 2nd round but not theast of the 1st. It's a stupid way to do it.

Just have it like they usually have it with having to have list spots to use those picks with while getting rid of the discounts. Tighten the criteria to qualify the NGA too. It's way too broad.

Or get rid of the NGAs completely and have a centralised AFL academy that can work the same as the club academies atm. Idk how well this would work though.

Are you planning to get the AFL to completely find these academies? Frankly, they tried this before and it was awfully funded and resourced.

If you want a truely fair draft the F/S thing should go as well. Can’t want one thing to go but leave in the F/S it reeks of unfairness.

I’d rather NGAs go all together. But the recent changes are better than allowing some clubs access to the top end of the draft like we currently have. These NGA kids wouldn’t be lost to the system. I get that NGA could still land clubs elected talent in the second round and beyond.
I don’t mind academies for northern states. However perhaps these could be looked at over time with restrictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back