• Signorello

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Brien

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2nd part of this installment is to pick the Crows midfield, including the 6 starters & the 2 bench rotations (note marty36 ).

You can't pick a player who you have already included in your defensive 7, nor who will be in your forward 7.

My midfield group are:
R: Jacobs, Sloane, B Crouch
C: Douglas, M Crouch, Gibbs
I: Greenwood, Knight

Looking forward to B Crouch show us what we have been waiting for in 2018 with an injury free MVP season.

Should be much more powerful & classy on the outside adding Gibbs. Also, have flexibility with most capable of playing both inside & outside depending on how we match up (as well as pushing forward/back).

This is our best looking midfield since out premiership fab 4 so there is lots to be excited about with the upcoming season.

Last edited:
The 2nd part of this installment is to pick the Crows midfield, including the 6 starters & the 2 bench rotations (note marty36 ).

You can't pick a player who you have already included in your defensive 7, nor who will be in your forward 7.

My midfield group are:
R: Jacobs, Sloane, B Crouch
C: Douglas, M Crouch, Gibbs
I: Greenwood, Knight

Looking forward to B Crouch show us what we have been waiting for in 2018 with an injury free MVP season.

Should be much more powerful & classy on the outside adding Gibbs. Also, have flexibility with most capable of playing both inside & outside depending on how we match up (as well as pushing forward/back).

This is our best looking midfield since out premiership fab 4 so there is lots to be excited about with the upcoming season.

Don't know about Knight, He needs to lift his game big time to play regularly this year.
I have him in the group of players that played in the Grand final and will need to train well but more importantly play well in the 2 JLT's to keep their place.
MacKay, Knight, Seedsman and Atkins needs to lift and gain consistency, Even more so with Gibson, Pohokle, Fogerty, and a few others breathing down their throats.
Could also add Douglas but if they play a few Kids they will need his experience.

PS I have Gallucci as a lock for CC. and Milera for Smith

I have Brad and Matt, Sloane, Gibbs, Jacobs as Locks.
Greenwood in barring fitness, the last spot open to best performer in the preseason.

I have Gibson ahead of Douglas.
Douglas to play as a bench utility if in form.....HB, C, HF

Ruckman - Jacobs
Inside Mids - M Crouch, B Crouch, Sloane
Outside Mids - Atkins, Gibbs
Interchange - THE MIGHTY THOR, Douglas

I expect that Gibbs and Sloane will play a mix of inside and outside mid.

When required the best 4 we have in the guts are Jacobs Sloane Gibbs mcrouch

Outside Atkins and I like to see Milera

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What about Brad ? .....who's the better Clearance player consistently .....Brad or Sloane?

What about Brad ? .....who's the better Clearance player consistently .....Brad or Sloane?
Sloane 6.33
Brouch 5.85
Mrouch 5.84
Gibbs 5.09
Greenwood 4.53
Douglas 4.20

Gibbs gives us 2+ more clearances per game than the player he replaces.

If Sloane drops form like last year brad replaces him but like most I will give Sloane the benefit of the doubt due to his overall performances over many years

But he wouldn’t want to do what he did this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Greenwood's preseason going? Love for him to get a stack of KMs in his legs, but fear his is still in recovery from his late season injury

How is Greenwood's preseason going? Love for him to get a stack of KMs in his legs, but fear his is still in recovery from his late season injury
Don't mind him missing pre-Christmas ......but he'd want to be back soon after the resume

You'd assume they'd pump the km's into his legs (swimming, bike, gravity) b he resumes full training, hopefully next week

Don't mind him missing pre-Christmas ......but he'd want to be back soon after the resume

You'd assume they'd pump the km's into his legs (swimming, bike, gravity) b he resumes full training, hopefully next week

Not sure if he was carrying aan injury all year or just doesn’t have a tank

At his age he should have well and truly had a tank which is rather concerning

Same was said about Matt Crouch & many other 1st year players... ;)

Are we still underrating Greenwood ?
Not me!!!

In terms of centre clearances, one of the three inside mids has a more defensive role. He has to reduce the chance of an easy exit by the opposition’s best inside mid. This was TMT’s role when he is in the centre square. There are different roles for our inside mids for boundary throw-ins and around the ground stoppages.

We now have five very good or elite inside mids (Crouch X 2, Sloane, Gibbs and TMT). Sloane and Gibbs are also excellent outside mids so I expect them to spend more time on the outside. Gibbs played a hybrid role for Carlton and is also very good as a running half back so we may use him in this role if no one else steps up to the plate. Dougie also played some good footy as the defensive inside mid last year but I expect him to spend more time in other roles this year.

Age is irrelevant .....Greenwood said in an interview just after we had signed him, that Basketball was short sprint, repetitive ....and his challenge would be to build his aeorobic capacity for the bigger grounds

Season 1 ......learn footy again, learn how to play with the bumps & bruises of Footy v Basketball ......re-learn the footskills

Season 2 ......Improved aeorobic fitness ....promoted up a level, where the intensity & speed is doubled .....played short minutes, but persevered with

Season 3 .......Injuries permitting, we get our ROI ....Fitness & Game now ready

Not me!!!

In terms of centre clearances, one of the three inside mids has a more defensive role. He has to reduce the chance of an easy exit by the opposition’s best inside mid. This was TMT’s role when he is in the centre square. There are different roles for our inside mids for boundary throw-ins and around the ground stoppages.

We now have five very good or elite inside mids (Crouch X 2, Sloane, Gibbs and TMT). Sloane and Gibbs are also excellent outside mids so I expect them to spend more time on the outside. Gibbs played a hybrid role for Carlton and is also very good as a running half back so we may use him in this role if no one else steps up to the plate. Dougie also played some good footy as the defensive inside mid last year but I expect him to spend more time in other roles this year.
:thumbsu: ....could Brad play more outside this year, in preference to your suggestion of Sloane .....Brad when on song has excellent pace, that we've seen so little of

:thumbsu: ....could Brad play more outside this year, in preference to your suggestion of Sloane .....Brad when on song has excellent pace, that we've seen so little of
Brad has the tools to be a very good outside mid and played some good games on the wing early in his career. I don’t think he has the instinct to play as an outside mid in THE MAESTRO’s game plan. Our outside mids are expected to be very disciplined and move to a particular spot depending where the ball is located. Brad is more an instinctive , see ball get ball player.

IMHO our inside mids will match anyone but we have to improve our outside mids. I would like to believe that THE RAT will continue to improve but it is hard to see a break out season for BNM.

Back