Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Brien

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only in MartyWorld.

Last seasom Jake Kelly started most matches on the bench. Please point out the matches when Jake ripped it apart in the midfield and when he was creating havoc in the forwardline.

Here’s a money for jam bet for you Marty. I bet you that one of the four players that start on the bench in Round 1 will be a defender. He will play at least 80% of his ToG in the back six. A bottle of Grange seems reasonable.

P.S. Still no response to Brad Crouch. You assured us that we start our best 18 on the field. Brad Crouch started the Grand Final on the bench. Does this mean in MartyWorld that Brad Crouch wasn’t in our best 18 at the end of last season?

So now you are referring to Pyke getting it right by starting Kelly on the bench but Pyke is wrong not giving doedee a game

Which is it fella

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only in MartyWorld.

Last seasom Jake Kelly started most matches on the bench. Please point out the matches when Jake ripped it apart in the midfield and when he was creating havoc in the forwardline.

Here’s a money for jam bet for you Marty. I bet you that one of the four players that start on the bench in Round 1 will be a defender. He will play at least 80% of his ToG in the back six. A bottle of Grange seems reasonable.

P.S. Still no response to Brad Crouch. You assured us that we start our best 18 on the field. Brad Crouch started the Grand Final on the bench. Does this mean in MartyWorld that Brad Crouch wasn’t in our best 18 at the end of last season?

as for bcrouch, yes as far as Pyke is concerned

as for bcrouch, yes as far as Pyke is concerned
Lol, if we could only play 18 players, B Crouch would be amongst them.

No questions whatsoever!

So now you are referring to Pyke getting it right by starting Kelly on the bench but Pyke is wrong not giving doedee a game

Which is it fella

Please concentrate Marty.

You have said that we will start 4 players on the bench that play several positions.

Last year Jake Kelly started most games on the bench. This wasn’t because he was an aspiring midfielder, it was due to the fact that we played 7 defenders in our 22 every week. For about 95% of the game time six defenders were on the field and the 7th defender was on the bench. The other 5% was when Brodie Smith or Rory Laird were given a run in the midfield. When we had Brown, Talia, Lever, Laird, Hartigan, Smith and Kelly in the 22, none of these players spent 100% of the game on the field. Our seven defenders averaged just under 90% ToG which is exactly what you would expect if you rotated 7 players through the back six. For well over 90% of game time one of our seven defenders were sitting on the pine.

Starting Kelly on the pine has absolutely nothing to do with Doedee. I have also consistently stated that there was little opportunity to bring in Doedee last year because Jake Kelly was playing his role and Doedee was injured at the start of the season. I wanted Keath to play when Hartigan was injured. Not Doedee, not Otten, Alex Keath. In the second half of the season our coaches agreed with me.

You seem to have the concentration span of a mosquito.

Please concentrate Marty.

You have said that we will start 4 players on the bench that play several positions.

Last year Jake Kelly started most games on the bench. This wasn’t because he was an aspiring midfielder, it was due to the fact that we played 7 defenders in our 22 every week. For about 95% of the game time six defenders were on the field and the 7th defender was on the bench. The other 5% was when Brodie Smith or Rory Laird were given a run in the midfield. When we had Brown, Talia, Lever, Laird, Hartigan, Smith and Kelly in the 22, none of these players spent 100% of the game on the field. Our seven defenders averaged just under 90% ToG which is exactly what you would expect if you rotated 7 players through the back six. For well over 90% of game time one of our seven defenders were sitting on the pine.

Starting Kelly on the pine has absolutely nothing to do with Doedee. I have also consistently stated that there was little opportunity to bring in Doedee last year because Jake Kelly was playing his role and Doedee was injured at the start of the season. I wanted Keath to play when Hartigan was injured. Not Doedee, not Otten, Alex Keath. In the second half of the season our coaches agreed with me.

You seem to have the concentration span of a mosquito.

Keath payed 5 games what drugs do you take

Or they could start like my opening post in this thread!

Here you go Kane

Starting mid

Jacobs Gibbs Crouch Crouch
Outside mids Atkins Seedsman

Interchange greenwood Douglas Milera Mackay

All of which can run through the mid if required with some runs on the backline or some forward along with Betts, laird and Sloane having a run through the mid and maybe knights, oh yes JJ will run through it to give Jacobs a rest

I think it’s fair to say we will see all of those players run through the mid at some stage,

Note Sloane of the HB line but occasional run through the mid like laird

So I’ve picked 13 but I doubt only 8 players will run through the mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure but not as a starting mindset

Teams have studied us, they arent going to let Sloane run free, they saw what happened at the start of last year with letting sloane go unleashed and the results were shown, unfortunatly for sloane hes not like Danger who breaks a tag.

Pyke got Gibbs in to help but why not start him off HB and let Bcrouch Mcrouch and Gibbs control the majority of the middle , with supporting acts from Laird, Sloane, Knight Betts , Greenwood, Douglas, Milera, you could even bring in Gibson as a tagger, hell Id even try Doedee as a tagger on some of the bigger body mids like Bonts

Once again if you are starting to hide Sloane then he may as well quit.

Sloane will start the 1st game in the centre. Bookmark it

Are you hiding him or getting the most output out of him, if he isnt capable of playing in the mid with a tag, he would be damging of HB like S Burgoyne or B Smith or R laird

Are you hiding him or getting the most output out of him, if he isnt capable of playing in the mid with a tag, he would be damging of HB like S Burgoyne or B Smith or R laird
You're the one hiding him.

he will start in the midfield in the 1st game.

Keath payed 5 games what drugs do you take

Nice diversion?

Otten was played in defence in Round 1 because Hartigan was injured. Due to interupted pre-seasons neither Keath nor Doedee were ready to go.

When our preferred seven defenders were available (Brown, Talia, Lever, Smith Hartigan, Laird and Kelly), Otten missed out.Fortunately for Andy the return of our best seven coincided with Jenkins injury and we moved Otten into the Forward/Ruck position. We subsequently used Otten to cover for McGovern with limited success and Otten was subsequently dropped.

Following the Hartigan Hammy we brought Otten back into the back seven (I would have preferred using Keath or Doedee at this time). We brought in Keath for Lever for the Geelong match and despite Harry Taylor kicking 5 goals on Keath in MartyWorld, Keath was preferred to Otten when Lever returned. Finally Hartigan came back in for Keath and we restored our preferred seven defenders.

Keath played 5 games but he was preferred as a defender to Otten by the end of last season.

Last edited:
Nice diversion?

Otten was played in defence in Round 1 because Hartigan was injured. Due to interupted pre-seasons neither Keath nor Doedee were ready to go.

When our preferred seven defenders were available (Brown, Talia, Lever, Smith Hartigan, Laird and Kelly), Otten missed out.Fortunately for Andy the return of our best seven coincided with Jenkins injury and we moved Otten into the Forward/Ruck position. We subsequently used Otten to cover for McGovern with limited success and Otten was subsequently dropped.

Following the Hartigan Hammy we brought Otten back into the back seven (I would have preferred using Keath or Doedee at this time). We brought in Keath for Lever for the Geelong match and despite Harry Taylor kicking 5 goals on Keath in MartyWorld, Keath was preferred to Otten when Lever returned. Finally Hartigan came back in for Keath and we restored our preferred seven defenders.

Keath played 5 games but he was preferred as a defender to Otten by the end of last season.

Im not gping to bag Keath as I would have him as my Mr Fix it for a tall KPD incase of injury, or even a trhird striing defender, he isnt as good as Harto or Talia, but really no one with a normal mind could argue that, cant see Pyke lining keath up on Gray, Dusty, Kennendy, Patton , Buddy, although he did with Buddy and failed. We know Harto is capable on them as they are the guns of the league

He is almost the same age as Harto but doesnt have his ability unfortunatly

So Jack you forgot to mention if Hampton, Mackay, Sloane, Seedsman, Douglas, Milera, Gibson, Gibbs will be playing in defence also, or some of those did also last year

Cant see the defenders being

Negative type defenders

Talia, Harto, Brown, Kelly, Doedee, Keath

Attacking type

Laird

6 Negative defensive types and one attacking defender, I would say Pyke may take the game on more than that with a better balance, Kelly with confidence could develop and maybe Keath could but you are making for a very unattacking defence, seriously cant see Pyke going that way after watching the crows the last few years.

R: Jacobs Brouch Gibbs
C: Sloane Mrouch Atkins
I: Greenwood, Knight

Atkins and Knight the ones on thin ice. Seedsman is in my back 7 and Douglas in the forward 7. Atkins needs to pull his finger out, but his strong 2km time trial is a good start.

Gibson could replace Knight.

With Seedsman back and outside of that midfield group, it makes us look pretty grim in terms of outside run. Really need Milera to push for selection on a wing, or at HBF and move Seedsman back up.

Back