Analysis Pick Watch - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

GCS are more of an issue than Brisbane for the wooden spoon. I cannot see them really winning another game. If we win two more games, GCS should get first pick.
I can only see one more win for us now, being against GCS. Saints and Lions now in a bit of form which I don't think we can compete against.

How depressing...other young teams winning and playing exciting football... We still suck and can't kick 100 points

St.Kilda started their rebuild at the end of 2012 after Lyon left, Brisbane at the end of 2013 when they lost a host of young players including Docherty.

We are a little behind both of those clubs and we have also turned over more of our list than they did in 3 years.

It's frustrating for all of us but it's going to take a couple of more years after this one to get there.

Neither of those teams are playing exciting footy and winning on a regular basis either.

St.Kilda started their rebuild at the end of 2012 after Lyon left, Brisbane at the end of 2013 when they lost a host of young players including Docherty.

We are a little behind both of those clubs and we have also turned over more of our list than they did in 3 years.

It's frustrating for all of us but it's going to take a couple of more years after this one to get there.

If you are using Brisbane and St Kilda as a metric for rebuild success then ………. we should be right by 2025?

If you are using Brisbane and St Kilda as a metric for rebuild success then ………. we should be right by 2025?

I said a couple of more years, i believe that suggests maybe 2, not 7:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we nail our picks, bottoming out like we're doing is better than say North Melbourne. North are "potentially" delaying their rebound by having a good year.

not if they end up securing a big money FA and then a big money trade, they have drafted plenty of kids the last few years and have had talls developing in the VFL without much pressure.

i know there probably isnt a set or publically revealed rule on this as the afl like to make things up as they go, but does anyone know if the afl can still award a priority pick to us even if we do not apply for one?

i find it so farcical that a club would need to APPLY for a pick in a professional sport anyway but thats another matter altogether. Its obviously damaging to the afl to have such a big club down for so long and now at the lowest point possible so is there any chance they could just give us one? im guessing even in the unlikely scenario where even if they did it would most likely be an end of first rounder however even that would be very useful at the moment even if its not to draft another good young kid, but could also be used to trade in a more developed player to help out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back