Pick your ‘dream’ All Australian team 1975-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW - I reckon a more interesting team would be one of players that didn't win the Brownlow. Matthews, Ablett, Carey, Dunstall et al

School holidays already?

Don't we save this sorta s**t for the off season....

Great thread. However. Just scrolling through. The non inclusion of Peter Daicos in all the teams thus far, suggests that you people have no knowledge of football. The Macedonian marvel was truely a icon of the game, he would be amoung the top few legends that are named first, guys like Ablett snr, Matthews, Carey, Blight.

BTW, here's my team:

B: Gary Ayres Ross Glendinning Gavin Wanganeen

HB: John Rantall Matthew Scarlett Brad Hardie

C: Craig Bradley Russell Ebert(c) Peter Matera

HF: Malcolm Blight Wayne Carey Gary Ablett snr

F: Tony Lockett Kelvin Templeton Barry Cable

R: Simon Madden Barrie Robran Leigh Matthews

INT: Gary Ablett jnr; Garry McIntosh; Stephen Michael; Michael Aish; Michael Voss; Nathan Buckley

EMERG: Graham Teasdale; Brian Peake; Tony McGuinness; Phil Narkle; Peter Moore; Greg Williams

COACH: Ron Barassi

which of these medals did ayres win - Brownlow, Magarey, Sandover?

Great thread. However. Just scrolling through. The non inclusion of Peter Daicos in all the teams thus far, suggests that you people have no knowledge of football. The Macedonian marvel was truely a icon of the game, he would be amoung the top few legends that are named first, guys like Ablett snr, Matthews, Carey, Blight.

In Collingwood supporters eyes. In no one else’s is Daicos up there with Carey and Ablett Snr.

He was a great player, but he’s essentially competing with Bartlett and Leigh Matthews.

I put him on Jarmans level.

Che Cockatoo Collins. That's the only player I need. Would beat the whole field.

Michael Prior as emergency.

Cale Morton - James Walker - Stuart Cochrane
Mark Athorn - Zac Dawson - Ty zantuck
David McKay - Richard Tambling - Troy cook
Cameron Cloke - Jason Tutt - Ryan Murphy
Jason Costatna - John Butcher - Leigh Brown
Billy Longer - Kane Lucas - Jarrid Blair
James parsons - Ricky mott - Kevin walsh - Judd lalich
That’s my dream team right there folks. It’s beautiful

In Collingwood supporters eyes. In no one else’s is Daicos up there with Carey and Ablett Snr.

He was a great player, but he’s essentially competing with Bartlett and Leigh Matthews.

I put him on Jarmans level.
Darren jarman level, ? are you 15 years old. Daicos in any other respected forum or panel is starting 18 best player since 1975. Anyone with any footy sense or knowledge past 2017 will tell you.

This topic is about you selecting a hypothetical or ‘dream’ All Australian side from 1975 until 2019.

The criteria for selection is as follows:

-Must have won either the Brownlow, Magarey, Sandover Medals

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
not many ruckmen or backs to choose from then

a team with the pontiff, derm, fletcher, silvagni, salmon, kb, winmar, st francis, ottens, dipper, richo, raines, t watson, rance, m rioli, c rioli, betts, would wipe the floor with a bunch of midfielders

Darren jarman level, ? are you 15 years old. Daicos in any other respected forum or panel is starting 18 best player since 1975. Anyone with any footy sense or knowledge past 2017 will tell you.

Yes Jarman, one of the best finals players of the last 30 years.

I watched the majority of Daicos' career.

Collingwood supporters are the only one that consistently try to elevate Daicos to Carey and Ablett Snr's level.

He was a great, but not a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos was a freak and a superstar but he was 1 level down from Carey etc.
Yes 1 level down from only a handfull of legendary freaks. But still starting 18 in this shitty topic. Im pretty sure not only pies fans recognise this. I dont know what player that guy shitting on Daics was watching.

BTW, here's my team:

B: Gary Ayres Ross Glendinning Gavin Wanganeen

HB: John Rantall Matthew Scarlett Brad Hardie

C: Craig Bradley Russell Ebert(c) Peter Matera

HF: Malcolm Blight Wayne Carey Gary Ablett snr

F: Tony Lockett Kelvin Templeton Barry Cable

R: Simon Madden Barrie Robran Leigh Matthews

INT: Gary Ablett jnr; Garry McIntosh; Stephen Michael; Michael Aish; Michael Voss; Nathan Buckley

EMERG: Graham Teasdale; Brian Peake; Tony McGuinness; Phil Narkle; Peter Moore; Greg Williams

COACH: Ron Barassi

So basically you've failed in your own thread.

None of Gary Ayres, John Rantall, Matthew Scarlett, Craig Bradley, Peter Matera, Wayne Carey, Gary Ablett Snr, Simon Madden, Leigh Matthews won a Brownlow, Magarey or Sandover medal.

Mark Mcgough- Frader Felcher- Lloyd Braun
Superman- Mark Gale- Alf Stewart
Dale Kickett - Phil Read - Adam Hunter
Fraser McIness- Nathan Ablett - Chris Jenke
Clarke Kent - Moses Malone - Post Malone

Ruck Tony Lockett Michael Phelps Edward Norton

Interchange Nathan Buckley Ben Buckley Dylan Buckley Tania Buckley

Emergency Rocky Balboa - Neymar Jnr - Betts-Gordan Ramsey

Coach - Steve Ircle

This topic is about you selecting a hypothetical or ‘dream’ All Australian side from 1975 until 2019.

The criteria for selection is as follows:

-Must have played in the period 1975-2019
-Must have played in the VFL/AFL, SANFL, WAFL
-Must have played interstate/State of Origin football
-Must have won either the Brownlow, Magarey, Sandover Medals

The team should consist of the following:

-Starting 18
-6 interchange
-6 emergencies
-1 coach
-1 umpire

So, see what you can come up with when picking the team.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
One of, or all of, the criteria must be met for each player?
There will be a few that haven't play state footy beyond the under 18s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back