Prediction Pick your 3 for 2019 (with free 2014 gift thread)

You didn't want it - now here it is.

Give us the 3 players you will be closely watching or hoping the best for in 2019 and why. Call it breakout, realized potential, turned the corner, baby jet, last piece of the puzzle, whatever you like. Mine go something like this:

1. Murphy - never his biggest fan but quietly think this could be his best year since 2010 causing mayhem up forward.
2. Willo - if he's back (hee hee) in business he may just be back in business - the left boot, the agro, the dash.
3. Dow - this bloke.......

* it I need a 4th.......

4. Crazy Harry Macreadie - long, lean, footy machine - looks like an unmade bed but goes good.

So give us 4.

Added bonus - here's the 2014 thread by the same name. Look at your embarrassingly puny efforts.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pick-your-3-for-2014.1048477/

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You wanted it now here it is.

Give us the 3 players you will be closely watching or hoping the best for in 2019 and why. Call it breakout, realized potential, turned the corner, baby jet, last piece of the puzzle, whatever you like. Mine go something like this:

1. Murphy - never his biggest fan but quietly think this could be his best year since 2010 causing mayhem up forward.
2. Willo - if he's back (hee hee) in business he may just be back in business - the left boot, the agro, the dash.
3. Dow - this bloke.......

**** it I need a 4th.......

4. Crazy Harry Macreadie - long, lean, footy machine - looks like an unmade bed but goes good.

So give us 4.

Added bonus - here's the 2014 thread by the same name. Look at your embarrassingly puny efforts.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pick-your-3-for-2014.1048477/
1. Polson. Would love to see him become a consistently annoying pressure forward.
2. Weitering. Think he’s still potentially the best player on our list alongside Cripps. Want to see that confidence return.
3. SPS. Again, another player I rate in our top few for talent. Would love him to have an uninterrupted preseason. Think he could be our most damaging forward half player with his kicks into the 50.

A sneaky fourth...

4. Macreadie is Macready.

Weitering and Macreadie will be > Rance and Astbury.

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
1.cuningham because I think he can be a jet,when it clicks he’s gonna get people talking
2. Willo because I was shattered he missed a whole season of development
3. Macreadie because I see special traits in him especially courage,he’s got a big heart
4. Pickett because if he gets his right he’ll be super and he’s exactly what we need

BlueRenaissance

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It's all about midfield this year if we want to win games. With that in mind:

Kennedy: To break out
SPS: To prove why we took him with such an important pick
Setterfield: Because he could be anything

And from a long way back, D Cuningham to turn into a midfield wrecking ball.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Hmm,
1). Unabashed Willo fan, welcome back if fit & able. As said above.
2). Setterfield, an added dimension to the midfield and hopeful bonza trade outcome (same for Stocker and our “gamble” to trade picks).
3). Forwardline Trio - Mitch (big marks galore), H & Charlie. To be classed as a dangerous unit and provide the consistent scoring avenues we’ve long needed (hopefully with some small bandits chiming in for the ride/roving).

Consolation = Jonesy, hope he can burst back to his best form of ‘17 and dominate the backline again (with Doc’s presence a welcome return).

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
In 2014 I had Watson, Bell & Bootsma.....if it's alright by you guys, imma sit this one out.

Edit: I got a new jumper with 31 on the back at the start of last season - my last one had 12 on the back for Matty Lappin - soon after, back injury and out for the whole season....I'm sorry willo

gardiner stand

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
In 2014 I had Watson, Bell & Bootsma.....if it's alright by you guys, imma sit this one out.

Edit: I got a new jumper with 31 on the back at the start of last season - my last one had 12 on the back for Matty Lappin - soon after, back injury and out for the whole season....I'm sorry willo
2014....ugly!

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Kennedy. Looks like he’s finally over his ankle and shoulder issues from last year, want to see what he can really do as Cripps’ partner in crime.

Weitering. Looks a bit bigger already, just kinda waiting for him to start taking forwards by the scruff of the neck.

Samo. Hopefully he can complete his first preseason. We know he’s got ‘it’, just want to see it each week. Tear a couple of games open.

The bonus one I’m torn between the trio of ‘haven’t played seniors since 2017’ in Macreadie, Willo and Setterfield as well as McGovern.

Maybe I’ll say Setters as he’s had the least afl exposure. Let’s see what he can do...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For me,

Dow, I love this guy expect him to go up another notch
Fisher, more growth he’s not a green shoot anymore
Walsh, yeh baby
Setterfield....looks the goods

I hope it all clicks

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Anyhoo, I've had one of those weeks you dream of.

New job, new people, change of routine............Wake up before the clock, the tram is always there, Spotify works, your family likes you, the sun shines, offer a space in the lift and get a thanks.

Always enough money on the card for a lunchtime sushi/pie/cake......even a poke at K-Mart, gold mine for the over you know whats.

I aint no millionaire, but lemmee tells ya'...............

Gold.

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Break out year....

SPS - first full preseason.

Kennedy - 4th year in the system. Body finally looks over the injuries.

Harry - 4th year. Confidence carried over from last year. Want a few 5 goal hauls.

And finally, from the back cupboard...reaching their potential...

Marchbank - please please no injuries. When he’s confident he’s top class. Need more of it.

Back