Prediction Pick your 3 for 2019 (with free 2014 gift thread)

bluelad

Team Captain
May 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Williamson - Loved what this bloke brings. Will be an absolute jet. Love his aggression and agility. Smooth operator.

Setterfield - Going off his vision he looks like he could be anything.

Mcgovern - Cant wait to see him alongside Hmac and Charlie. Will be great to see with the new zones.

All of them if the truth be told. The ones we haven't seen for a while because of injury. The new ones from the draft and trade adventures. The veterans who I've grown to love and respect through some awful years. They keep on stepping up. The SOSAJs and Kerr to honour the past and any number of the players with potential.

But if I have to narrow it down, my 3 are Weiters, Samo and Dow. They're maturing and getting a decent preseason (fingers crossed) They are the quality that will move us up the ladder when they start to hit their straps every week.

And adding on Setters who fits the same first pick mold just took an extra couple years to land at Princes Park.

Want to start seeing our future unfold.

Last edited:

resolute_blue

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
I want a turn...
  1. Cuningham - cause he has the tools. It’s his time. High high hopes for next year.
  2. Dow - Cos he’s gonna be a gun, der.
  3. Big H - after watching his 21 goal highlights package can’t help but get excited about what he’ll do next year after another preseason, bit more confidence plus a few more kegs of size...
  4. Setterfield - if he stays injury free and realises his massive potential we are laughing. Setters, bam bam and Crippa feeding it out to Dow, Fish, SPS...OMG

Just getting on a roll now - why only 4 FFS....

I want a turn...
  1. Cuningham - cause he has the tools. It’s his time. High high hopes for next year.
  2. Dow - Cos he’s gonna be a gun, der.
  3. Big H - after watching his 21 goal highlights package can’t help but get excited about what he’ll do next year after another preseason, bit more confidence plus a few more kegs of size...
  4. Setterfield - if he stays injury free and realises his massive potential we are laughing. Setters, bam bam and Crippa feeding it out to Dow, Fish, SPS...OMG

Just getting on a roll now - why only 4 FFS....

Read the title thread .... it says pick THREE ...

FFS

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I really want to see Jack & Kerr step up this year. Both have weaknesses but most do. Great kids that are really giving it their best and look in great nick.

To see a Silvagni (or three) and a Kerr regularly in Navy Blue and a Flag would be something special

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
My 3 revolve around players that have an element of the unknown . Players that we all feel that they have what it takes to be superstars but have yet to show it .

1. Walsh: this guy will redefine what it means to be a first year player. I see him coming in and having a real impact.

2. Setterfield: We need to add another big body to support PC. He will show why everyone rated him so highly

3. Mitch McGovern: The missing piece to our reformed forward line . With Harry + Charlie Mitch will prove a handful finally 3 supremely talented marking targets in our F50.

Last edited:

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Not certain about superstar status, but I reckon these players will bring some good footy to the Navy Blue. Its tough because at least another 2 youngsters & 1 or 2 mature players that will present very well in 2019.
McGovern
Fasolo
Bugg

nice smattering of un-established younguns there, tinman - perhaps aside from fish who seems to have swum into the bay and set-up his fruit-juice stand from the get-go..........

Cheers mate … but thankyou for allowing my next Segway ….

And thank you for a question without notice.

Weitering.

H.

Charlie.

Going the big guys, none of the these blokes are there yet, but......

......and I'm mucho excited.
Numbers went Whack!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
1. Sam Petrevski-Seton: Could be our most damaging player forward of centre. Arguably the best kick in our team. Higher production will likely result in improved ball movement and more scoring opportunities.

2. Harry McKay: Standing at 200cm, we're clearly building our forward line around this guy. Has the attributes to become one of the best forwards in the game. Looking for consistency across four quarters to help us kick a winning total.

3. Will Setterfield: Has such a high ceiling but needs continuity. If Setterfield is a hit, our midfield will look extremely powerful and dynamic in 2-3 years. Would like to see steady improvements in his fitness and production throughout the season.

Give this man next week's lotto numbers !!!

Back