Prediction Pick your 3 for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Well...I suppose Young has the biggest shoes to fill, and most vital to the structure of the team. So he can be 1.

Ima say Williams next. Hope to hell he is stung by the criticisms of last year and dishes out a season long helping of STFU.

And for a roughy I'll throw in Philp. I want to see groundspeople openly weeping from the roadrunner-esque scorch marks he leaves on the turf as he hunts down unsuspecting victims.

1. Stocker - as has been the past few years
2. Charlie - just want him as close to his best as possible and creating havoc for opposition defences and space for Harry
3. Motlop - small forward is obviously a must need position for us and one that young draftee can probably come straight in and make an impact in. Would not be surprised to see him start round 1.

Special mention. Kemp - more vital now that Jones, Doc and Stocker are all absent for different reasons/lengths of time.

1. Setterfield. Career year for Setters, if he has another year like last then he could be out the door.

2. Silvagni. Took a good step last season and showed his value. Can he take another step forward and replicate his late season form? If he matches that over a season he's among the best mid/high forwards in the game ala Tom Lynch of Adelaide at his best. Or will he drop back slightly into the high pressure role player he was before?

3. Zac Williams/Jack Martin. In similar spots career wise for me. High priced recruits who've shown flashes but also inconsistency marred by injury. Need them to stop showing what they could be and just become it if we're to go to the next level. Injuries aren't an excuse now, we need performance.

I'm looking at the 3 players the club needs to strengthen our team. The wings and a pressure small forward are our weakest areas (in my opinion). Walsh and Cerra can play the position but are better value as on-ballers. Both will spend time on the wing, but we need two youngsters to step up as the days of Newnes are surely numbered.

1. Sam Philp - the forgotten man. Has pace to burn and would add some much needed speed to our team. Hoping he has stamina, because he has all the attributes needed for an AFL wing man.

2. Jack Carroll - the youngest player drafted in the 2020 draft. Was up and down in his first year in the VFL but had some brilliant games. Has 'it', so hoping he pushes into our top 22, and plays predominately on the wing.

3. Corey Durden - played a couple late in the year and got a taste of AFL footy. Is a nuggety, quick small forward who can fill our need for a pressure forward.

Hoping these young fella's have set themselves for these positions as they are there's for the taking...

The football club has some exciting prospects that haven’t yet shown their full potential. My take on our significant improvement comes from these types.

Matthew Kennedy — Was touted as the better GWS Kennedy when we traded for him. This hasn’t worked out for Matt with injuries and the disruption to pre season training.
2021 was a small step up for Matt with a little more consistency in his game and his body. If we see a solid pre-season, I would expect Matt will be hard to leave out of the 22. Would be the perfect bench player as a mid / fwd that can have an impact in both areas of the ground equally. Needs some luck with the body.

Zac Fisher — Another who hasn’t had a decent run at first team football mainly due to injury. Has some X-factor but I’m not yet convinced that he will have a significant small forward impact.
AlthoughFisher gets his body right and improves his forward pressure then there is a fwd / mid role in the 22 that could see him become one of our most improved/ consistent.

JSOS — Please stay fit. Jack could become our most important utility player and has “stuff”
Has the potential to become a real talisman for the football club. Everyone sees the heart and with some luck with injuries he will be one of our first selected.

Anyone who doesn’t agree can go and get stuffed. 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Am starting to honestly believe Corey Durdin will be our massive bolter for 2022.

What pleases me the most is that we have actually seemed to have drafted (and developed) a player taken with pick 37 (late 2nd round)

On a side note, I notice he has not got a Wikipedia page created yet, that won't last long, if he projects as we all hope and expect we will next season.

Needs to play round 1. Just has to.

I Am starting to honestly believe Corey Durdin will be our massive bolter for 2022.

What pleases me the most is that we have actually seemed to have drafted (and developed) a player taken with pick 37 (late 2nd round)

On a side note, I notice he has not got a Wikipedia page created yet, that won't last long, if he projects as we all hope and expect we will next season.

Anyone who thinks we don't have some quality youth on our list really has no idea.

I'm excited by Durdin, Honey, Carroll, Kemp, Motlop and Philp. These won't be names supporters from other clubs will fear or may not even know about. But these 6 are competitive and I expect will make huge strides over the next few years.

We have a great core and a really strong top 12 or so. These 6 names could make a huge difference and I'm expecting big things to come

Would love to see that every week! That front and centre, gorgeous.

I hope so. He looks like a footballer. Time will tell.

Anyone who thinks we don't have some quality youth on our list really has no idea.

I'm excited by Durdin, Honey, Carroll, Kemp, Motlop and Philp. These won't be names supporters from other clubs will fear or may not even know about. But these 6 are competitive and I expect will make huge strides over the next few years.

We have a great core and a really strong top 12 or so. These 6 names could make a huge difference and I'm expecting big things to come
If the list rebuild has been successful, this will be where the jump in improvement will come from. Can add Hewett, Cerra and those returning from long term injuries in with that comment as well.

Durdin will be best 22 and an important player in our forward line. He will be a big part of our improved pressure, defence and scoring.

Good call Elmer 👍👍👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back