FB: Plowman Jones Byrne
HB: Marchbank Weitering Simpson
C: Fisher Cripps Garlett
HF: Thomas C Curnow Pickett
FF: Lamb Casboult J Silvagni
FOL: Kreuzer Kennedy Murphy
INT: E Curnow Petrevski-Seton Dow O'Brien
EMER: Wright Cuningham Mullett

This is probably close but I’d expect Wright keeps his spot for either Cunningham or Dow

This is probably close but I’d expect Wright keeps his spot for either Cunningham or Dow

So do I really but I only want one of Lamb and Wright and Lamb has had a better preseason and works extremely hard.

Going off what we've seen, this is how I reckon we should line up;

Plowman-------------Jones---------------Marchbank

Byrne---------------Weitering-------------Simpson

E. Curnow------------Cripps--------------Petrevski-Seton

Pickett--------------C. Curnow------------Fisher

Wright---------------Casboult-------------J. Silvagni

Kreuzer--------------Murphy--------------M. Kennedy

I/C: Williamson, Cuningham, Dow, Thomas

Emg: J. Garlett, Kerridge, H. McKay

Notes;

Lots of run and carry in this side, which we will need. J. Garlett unlucky but can have a game in the 2's for extra match practice. Hopefully Kreuzer's injury is nothing and will be right. Willo hopefully is ready to go, but if not Garlett can replace him.

O'Brien needs some development in the two's before he comes in. Thomas earned his spot with what he just produced tonight for me. Cuningham as a midfield rotation from the wing will see him with more impact than what he's had in both JLT games.

Lang to come in when fully fit.

Last edited:

B. Plow Jones Williamson
HB. Simmo Weits Byrne
C. Thomas Murph Fisher
HF. Casboult CCurnow SPS
F. Pickett JSOS Wright
R. Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
0Int. ECurnow Garlett Dow Lamb

Emerg. Mullet Harry Cuningham

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Ciaran Byrne
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, David Cuningham
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
HF: Jarrod Pickett, Charlie Curnow, Dale Thomas
F: Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy, Marc Murphy
I/C: Ed Curnow, Jed Lamb, Caleb Marchbank, Paddy Dow
EMG: Aaron Mullett, Harry McKay, Matthew Lobbe

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Ciaran Byrne
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, David Cuningham
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
HF: Jarrod Pickett, Charlie Curnow, Dale Thomas
F: Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy, Marc Murphy
I/C: Ed Curnow, Jed Lamb, Caleb Marchbank, Paddy Dow
EMG: Aaron Mullett, Harry McKay, Matthew Lobbe
No Marchbank>?

If Williamson is right, I'd play him.

FB: Plowman Jones Byrne
HB: Marchbank Weitering Simpson
C: Fisher Cripps Garlett
HF: Thomas C Curnow Pickett
FF: Lamb Casboult J Silvagni
FOL: Kreuzer Kennedy Murphy
INT: E Curnow Petrevski-Seton Dow O'Brien
EMER: Wright Cuningham Mullett
Wright in for O'Brien and i think you have our round 1 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Simpson Jones Marchbank
HB: Byrne Weitering Plowman
C: Murphy E Curnow SPS
HF: Pickett C Curnow Fisher
FF: Silvagni Casboult Wright
R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy

Int: Thomas Dow Lamb Garlett

Starting to look a well balanced team.

If Williamson was fit and ready he goes in as an extra defender.

The team above doesn't have a 7th defender.

Given how long people have been saying our midfield looks a bit thin and that we should rest mids forward, I find it interesting how thin they're making the midfield with all these players that will need to rotate through half forward or play as a permanent forward.

Did anyone see Lamb win a foot race last night? He was only able to sneak forward once before the Hawks started running out of steam, and not much after that. If he's not going to win uncontested football on the regular, and not going to win enough 1v1 or contested situations, he is a liability at AFL level.

I think Harry suffered a bit in JLT 2 with Kreuzer down early. Was good to see him ruck a bit but he is no dominating ruck at this stage.

I think Willa will be back but Lang will miss. So I see it as follows:

Byrne. Jones. Marchbank.
Plowman. Weitering. Williamson.
Simpson. Ed Curnow. SPS.
Jack. Charlie. Fisher.
Wright. Casboult. Kennedy.

R. Kreuzer. Cripps. Murphy.
I. Pickett. Dow. McKay. Thomas.

E. Cuningham. Garlett. O’Brien.

Many will know I’d rather see Thomas out of the 22. I thought he played well in JLT 2. The challenge is there for Cuningham, Garlett or O’Brien to force their way into the 22.

Last edited:
Given how long people have been saying our midfield looks a bit thin and that we should rest mids forward, I find it interesting how thin they're making the midfield with all these players that will need to rotate through half forward or play as a permanent forward.

Did anyone see Lamb win a foot race last night? He was only able to sneak forward once before the Hawks started running out of steam, and not much after that. If he's not going to win uncontested football on the regular, and not going to win enough 1v1 or contested situations, he is a liability at AFL level.
Jimmae i find it intriguing that your such a detractor of Lamb yet a huge!! fan of Thomas . When in reality imo neither of them are guaranteed best 22 players and neither of them offer much more if any than the other does to the team .

Hard to see Willo playing given he's played no praccie games.

Simmo Jonesy Bunsen
Plow Weits Marchy
Murphy Crippa Pickett
Kreuz JFK Ed
SOS Charlie Fish
Wright Levi Thomas

Dow SPS Lamb Garlett

Dow the one baby we carry into R1

Jimmae i find it intriguing that your such a detractor of Lamb yet a huge!! fan of Thomas . When in reality imo neither of them are guaranteed best 22 players and neither of them offer much more if any than the other does to the team .
I've stated previously that we should never have re-signed Lamb. I've also stated that while he has some admirable qualities, he doesn't create enough opportunities for himself and others.

Thomas has similar qualities and issues, but he's a hell of a lot quicker and has regained confidence and form over the last 18 months.

If Lamb was showing such improvements, I'd be equally bullish about him.

Left field idea. Send Jones to Rance as a defensive forward?

Intriguing idea:thumbsu:

Jones would be a handful in that role, But I think Jones would blow up aerobically and Rance would capitalise.

Weitering could do it but I really want him back. What about Charlie?

I've stated previously that we should never have re-signed Lamb. I've also stated that while he has some admirable qualities, he doesn't create enough opportunities for himself and others.

Thomas has similar qualities and issues, but he's a hell of a lot quicker and has regained confidence and form over the last 18 months.

If Lamb was showing such improvements, I'd be equally bullish about him.
Lamb has been tasked with the defensive forward role a few times in the last number of games he's played . Hence sacrificing his game somewhat because of a directive of the coach . He plays a different role to Thomas who plays more on the outside and has been able to gather more possessions with moderate impact compared to Lamb who plays a much more accountable game that can clearly go unnoticed .

Stating that Thomas has regained confidence and form in particular over the last 18 months is a massively biased and incorrect statement . He's made some improvements since his contract negotiations well into last year and played some reasonable football in the second half of last year . Where you get 18 months from is a mystery to me . But thats ok never let the truth get in the way of a good story jimmae . ;)

Lamb has been tasked with the defensive forward role a few times in the last number of games he's played . Hence sacrificing his game somewhat because of a directive of the coach . He plays a different role to Thomas who plays more on the outside and has been able to gather more possessions with moderate impact compared to Lamb who plays a much more accountable game that can clearly go unnoticed .

Stating that Thomas has regained confidence and form in particular over the last 18 months is a massively biased and incorrect statement . He's made some improvements since his contract negotiations well into last year and played some reasonable football in the second half of last year . Where you get 18 months from is a mystery to me . But thats ok never let the truth get in the way of a good story jimmae . ;)
I would also suggest that the assertion that Thomas is "a hell of a lot quicker" than Lamb is blatantly false.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back