Opinion Pick your best 22 of the past decade (2007-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

bebji

Debutant
Oct 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Given the era under consideration, then McGovern stands out like the proverbial dogs bollocks in your side, as not belonging.
He was an all australian in this era, so I disagree but I do understand your point of view.. he has played his best football after this period.. still i like making a functioning team and im happy with my selections.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
He was an all australian in this era, so I disagree but I do understand your point of view.. he has played his best football after this period.. still i like making a functioning team and im happy with my selections.

Made his debut in 2014, & did not become elite until 2016; Then AA in 2017.....2 Seasons out of 10 won't cut it when there are a good dozen who are far more worthy & have a greater body of elite work over the period in question.

Once again, it's a matter of Appropriateness & accuracy.

NORHAN

Draftee
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Forgot him, put him in for Hayes.

Surely Enright is in your best 22? 6 audacity find my iphone origin AAs 2008-2016 and 2xB&Fs in flag years.
Marcus Bontempelli, Max Gawn, Steve Johnson, Rory Sloane, Jordan Lewis, Heath Shaw, Jobe Watson, Simon Black, Corey Enright, Stephen Milne, Jarryd Roughead, Toby Greene, Zach Merrett, Adam Treloar, Robbie Gray, Marc Murphy, Josh Gibson, Heath Grundy, Aaron Sandilands, Rob Murphy, Callan Ward, Trent Cotchin, Taylor Walker, Harry Taylor, Tom Lonergan, Luke McPharlin, Nathan Jones, Dan Hannebery, Scott Thompson, Scott Thompson.

Last edited:

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Enright Scarlett s Burgoyne
Hodge (c) rance Goddard
Mitchell Judd pendles
Swan Riewoldt Stevie j
Boomer buddy Cyril
Cox Ablett Selwood
Bench Hayes Pavlich Goodes dusty

Cyril over milney for his flags
Small backline with McPharlin/glass stiff to miss
Dusty over danger and Fyfe for his flag and norm smith
Think everywhere else is covered

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Enright, Scarlett, Rance
Hodge(c) McPharlin Goddard

Judd Ablett Swan

Dangerfield Franklin N.Riewoldt
S.Johnson Fevola Chapman

Cox Fyfe Mitchell

Pendlebury Selwood Bartel Hayes.

Coach is Clarko.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Enright, Scarlett, Rance
Hodge(c) McPharlin Goddard

Judd Ablett Swan

Dangerfield Franklin N.Riewoldt
S.Johnson Fevola Chapman

Cox Fyfe Mitchell

Pendlebury Selwood Bartel Hayes.

Coach is Clarko.

Interesting....Hawks won 4 Flags but have only 3 reps....Cats won 3 but have 8 reps....You're not an AA selector by any chance?

Even the flagless Saints have 3 reps.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Interesting....Hawks won 4 Flags but have only 3 reps....Cats won 3 but have 8 reps....You're not an AA selector by any chance?

Even the flagless Saints have 3 reps.

I think Cyril is a tad overrated, a very fine player though, was out of him and steve johnson.
shaun burgoyne is seriously overrated it is almost laughable. For all the talk about how good he is ect, the bloke has never won a club best and fairest, was an All Australian once. The premierships are a fantastic addition to an extremely overrated career.
Roughead is a gun, but no chance ahead of any of those forwards.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I think Cyril is a tad overrated, a very fine player though, was out of him and steve johnson.
shaun burgoyne is seriously overrated it is almost laughable. For all the talk about how good he is ect, the bloke has never won a club best and fairest, was an All Australian once. The premierships are a fantastic addition to an extremely overrated career.
Roughead is a gun, but no chance ahead of any of those forwards.

Josh Gibson....2 B&F in Premiership years has McParlin covered with ease....Even Lake has him covered, when you include his Footscray career.

Burgoyne has both Bartel & Selwood covered as a player.

I've got no issue with Chapman & Johnson At all.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Josh Gibson....2 B&F in Premiership years has McParlin covered with ease....Even Lake has him covered, when you include his Footscray career.

Burgoyne has both Bartel & Selwood covered as a player.

I've got no issue with Chapman & Johnson At all.

You're ******* kidding me! JESUS ******* CHRIST!!! If I wasn't sitting down I would of fell over. No way is Burgoyne a better footballer than those too.
Josh Gibson struggled when he had to be accountable, pretty easy to seagull around packs, get easy uncontested possessions.
Lakeis probably a better option on second thought.

But I cant get over the Burgoyne comment, my god I have heard a lot of stupid s**t, said probably more, but none on this level.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You're ******* kidding me! JESUS ******* CHRIST!!! If I wasn't sitting down I would of fell over. No way is Burgoyne a better footballer than those too.
Josh Gibson struggled when he had to be accountable, pretty easy to seagull around packs, get easy uncontested possessions.
Lakeis probably a better option on second thought.

But I cant get over the Burgoyne comment, my god I have heard a lot of stupid s**t, said probably more, but none on this level.

Dude....You know we can all see that you follow Essendon, yeah?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If anything that adds strength to my argument. I say and do alot of things that are stupid like follow Essendon. Much like you with how you think Burgoyne is a better footballer than Bartel and Selwood.

It most definitely explains the presence of Goddard....Sure.

You do recognise that hyperbole adds nothing to your argument!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
2015, he was our only key defender as McKenzie and brown both did knees before rd1 was done, we finished 2nd and made the GF, pigs arse he wasn’t elite that year.

Played 20 games for a 13 disposal average, with 5 & a half marks per game.

Across 3 finals he averaged 7 disposals & 4 marks…..Am I missing something here?....Those numbers are not elite in anyone's language. Save a one-eyed Eagle's supporter.

Thereafter, from 2016 onward, his numbers improved dramatically.

The rather simple conclusion emanating from 1 out of 10 years being elite?....He doesn't belong in the discussion for anyone whose being serious.

Last edited:

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
Enright Scarlett Glass
Hodge Gibson Burgoyne
Pendles Judd Selwood
Cox Mitchell Ablett