Prediction Pick your Rucks Vs Brisbane out of Soldo, Nank, Chol and Balta.

Pick your ruck combination Vs Brisbane.

• Total voters

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Soldo, Nank, Chol and Balta are all fit and ready to play. Hardwick just said Nank is a probable starter. Do we need two rucks or one? Can Soldo and Nank play in the same side considering they haven't played together this year?
I think it's likely 2 of these 4 will play. I don't think we will play Soldo and Nank together but it's possible.
I think they'll they'll pick Soldo and Chol .

Max+Gawn+Toby+Nankervis+AFL+Rd+5+Melbourne+HWcF9IJzquBl.jpg

images - 2019-09-02T173823.781.jpeg

gettyimages-1159137363-1024x1024.jpg

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma more or less said in his presser that Balta, Chol and CCJ are behind the other two.
I expect we'll play Nank + Soldo.
They haven't played together that I know of. It would leave us short of a mobile player. I can't see it happening myself. Nank is underdone.

The Tank is a walkup start and ready to rumble, no question. Plus he’s better than Marbs and Balta around the ground anyway. In Soldo, we’ve seen the benefits of a decent tap ruckman in the second half of this year. Clearly we were in denial about that last season. We’d be silly to give that up now.

Nank and Soldo, can’t wait!

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
They haven't played together that I know of. It would leave us short of a mobile player. I can't see it happening myself. Nank is underdone.
Balta hardly got near it last week and chols last few games were very quiet. Nank provides more than both of those guys.its time to unleash nankoldo!

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Balta has a corkie, otherwise l would’ve just played the same team.
Would be too risky to play the two talls. But I’d like to see the big boys in, we need speed though and lots of it.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Are we going to have the resting ruck in the forward line with Lynch and Riewoldt? How many talls is too many?

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Are we going to have the resting ruck in the forward line with Lynch and Riewoldt? How many talls is too many?
That’s the million dollar question. Do you change a winning formula? l think Balta will make way for chol. Dimma is very excited about nank coming in so who knows. I say speed and mobility is the key to winning the game.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Can't see too much time when they're on the ground together with 70% game time each, means about 30%. Guess it will be needs based ie; if they have momentum then Nank down back, if we have momentum then Soldo forward. I don't think it will be as simple as that, but along those lines.

When it comes to producing successful left field ruck combinations, Tigers know best.
2017: Griggs/Nanks....Flag
2019: Soldo/Nanks.......??
Yes!

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Not what i think they will do but id do it.

Nankervis against Martin. Chol in a fwd pocket with plenty of time on ball and Balta at the least on the bench.If their tall fwds get away from us or we are looking to stretch em fwd Balta gives us that flexability'. It would be nice also if we gave him more than a half of a game.

Im really hoping we give up on this nonsense of him playing as a back up ruck, ffs lets give him a specific role and develop him where he should be developed and thats as a KPP either fwd or back but lets develop him in the one role for starters.

We play so many of our youngsters out of their best roles and after they have shown they are up to their best roles at the level are given other roles. i reckon its us catering to the older players to some degree.

Back