Prediction Pick your Rucks Vs Brisbane out of Soldo, Nank, Chol and Balta.

Pick your ruck combination Vs Brisbane.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The way i look at it Soldo did nothing wrong and looks like he is really starting to break through in the ruck and should not be dropped so that leaves the question of who is 2nd ruck.

Balta did not have a good game and should be dropped which leaves Chol & Nank
Watched the VFL final 2 times and until 3 quarter time i had Chol in before Nank but Nanks last quarter got him over the line for me so it should be a Nank/Soldo combination.

Soldo 70% Ruck
Nank 30% Ruck + 30% Fwd
Lynch/Jack will be rested 15% each which provides the option to play nank 30% fwd whilst not pushing Nank too far
Best assessment made here. I 100% agree with your time for rucks and forwards rotating.

And unlike the spuds you back in each week he had a good reason having copped a corky and only playing 55% game time.

For me with Rance out Balta is best 22 along with Ross and Stack.
Spuds (plural) I back in every week? The only correspondence we have regarding players is Ellis, he hasnt been dropped, and for what it's worth Batlta's (49%) TOG had nothing to do with with his corkie.

Anyone who seriously thinks Balta is curently best 22 needs a serious reality check.

It is because they are both number 1 rucks, while Chol and Balta are more your mobile KP utilities/ 2nd rucks.

I just don't think it's an optimal balance.
I agree the more athletic second ruckman offers more flexibility and appears to be more suited to our game style. In Chol’s last three games he averaged less than four touches and only seven hit outs per games. I’m not sure how he has the ability to impact the ball with such limited use of the ball.

Interesting enough if you add up all of Chol’s stats from his last three games where we played Carlton, West Coast and Melbourne he had a combined total of: 11 touches, 3 marks, 22 hitouts and a goal.

In our last match against Brisbane against one of the better ruck pairs going around (Martin and McInerney). Soldo had 14 touches, 5 marks and 29 hitouts.

We have to put our best players out there and Soldo/Nank are our best two ruckman. I fully understand that both more old fashioned ruckman and can contradict they game style our club has become known for. I feel fans get forget the intensity pressure that Nank brings to contests, he’s a very good mark and can follow the opposition ruckman both ways. Soldo has improved out of sight and continues to give out midfield the first use of the football, he’s now staring to impact the game around the ground and get far more involved.

Nank will also be on limited time and duties so I’d expect him to have a very limited time on ground.

I agree the more athletic second ruckman offers more flexibility and appears to be more suited to our game style. In Chol’s last three games he averaged less than four touches and only seven hit outs per games. I’m not sure how he has the ability to impact the ball with such limited use of the ball.

Interesting enough if you add up all of Chol’s stats from his last three games where we played Carlton, West Coast and Melbourne he had a combined total of: 11 touches, 3 marks, 22 hitouts and a goal.

In our last match against Brisbane against one of the better ruck pairs going around (Martin and McInerney). Soldo had 14 touches, 5 marks and 29 hitouts.

We have to put our best players out there and Soldo/Nank are our best two ruckman. I fully understand that both more old fashioned ruckman and can contradict they game style our club has become known for. I feel fans get forget the intensity pressure that Nank brings to contests, he’s a very good mark and can follow the opposition ruckman both ways. Soldo has improved out of sight and continues to give out midfield the first use of the football, he’s now staring to impact the game around the ground and get far more involved.

Nank will also be on limited time and duties so I’d expect him to have a very limited time on ground.
It'll be interesting to watch these 2 rucks, Nankdo, play together. Individually they are our 2 best rucks. But they way Richmond use our 2nd ruck ~ 50% TOG~ maybe Chol or Balta will be a better option next game. So I measure Chol's stats against that low TOG figure.
I'd like to see us get height into our team, without losing speed and Balta brings that.(not necessarily in the ruck). I'd love it if Markov could start performing in the AFL team. ....next year

It is because they are both number 1 rucks, while Chol and Balta are more your mobile KP utilities/ 2nd rucks.

I just don't think it's an optimal balance.

I see Nank as a top notch around the ground ruck, but not a genuine #1 tap ruck. Soldo is the reverse. SO play Soldo as #1 ruck (taps) and use Nank as backup for taps, takes the resting KPF spot and around the ground monster ruck rover. It requires Nank to rest his ego, and play a number of roles as required. But if Nank can do that he adds to the team in multiple ways over Balta and Chol. I know it's a bit risky, but the payoff is potentially massive.

I see Nank as a top notch around the ground ruck, but not a genuine #1 tap ruck. Soldo is the reverse. SO play Soldo as #1 ruck (taps) and use Nank as backup for taps, takes the resting KPF spot and around the ground monster ruck rover. It requires Nank to rest his ego, and play a number of roles as required. But if Nank can do that he adds to the team in multiple ways over Balta and Chol. I know it's a bit risky, but the payoff is potentially massive.
This is all very true, he may not have the athleticism of Balta/Chol but Nank is a fantastic tackler. Can pinch hit up forward, can drop back and play in the hole and has the ability to take a good contestant mark.

Realistically one of Nank, Soldo, Jack and Lynch will be on the the bench I doubt we’ll have all four on the ground for large chunks of the game. We’ve just got to be smart with our rotations and structures.

The ruck combination worked perfectly tonight with Nank coming back and still rusty he will be better for the run

Nank
5 possessions
5 tackles
24 hitouts
66% game time

Soldo
7 possessions
4 tackles
25 hitouts
59% Game time

This combination will get better with more games and these 2 players will combine and also kick goals
Against West Coast & Collingwood this is the combination we need to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back