Discussion Pick your St.Kilda State of Origin teams

Who Wins?

• Victoria

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • All Stars

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasnt saying Wilkie should definitely be in the side , i was more saying the three you chucked in didnt deserve to be in anymore than Wilkie did and where did the Lovette bit come from , he came to us as a promising player , not a proven one like Hill , Chalk and cheese mate
promising player .... now you are re-writing history
Lovett was the boom recruit of the 2009 trade period he was the biggest fish we had landed since GTrain

unlike you im not one to name drop to make myself look like a hero ... without doubt pretty much every person on this planet has the ability to be friendly and nice at a dinner party and im sure 90% of the time he acts as a civil person but i do know like many many many people he has the ability to be a bit of a shitbloke from time to time... not saying he is always a shitbloke just he has had shitbloke traits from time to time, namely he (like his brother) have short fuses and have gotten punchy. you want an example well ill give you his antics after the East Freo colts game about 6 years ago that happened no more than 20m away from me ... but again whats the point on discussing it cause you will just stick to your "well i shared a bathroom with him 197 times so i know better " line of convo ...
lets just leave it there cause it was a throwaway line i mentioned that really has nothing to do with the original post and im not going to get into a circle argument with you oldtimer ... not anymore
Now look chip there is a reason to name drop if it provides some sort of fact to the fiction that you admitted maybe crap. I’m sorry I stuck up for someone I have met many times to your obviously zero times yet you had a go at him. Chip you seem to get upset easily. I tell you who a real wa idiot and that’s Tim gossage. How they let him on radio with his chip is beyond me. This chip thing seems really seems a wa thing. Nice talking crap about the bathroom thing to chip.

Now look chip there is a reason to name drop if it provides some sort of fact to the fiction that you admitted maybe crap. I’m sorry I stuck up for someone I have met many times to your obviously zero times yet you had a go at him. Chip you seem to get upset easily. I tell you who a real wa idiot and that’s Tim gossage. How they let him on radio with his chip is beyond me. This chip thing seems really seems a wa thing. Nice talking crap about the bathroom thing to chip.
Yes pluggs ive met him zero times ... and of course you are the moral compus to us all .. thank god you are here to put us on the right path ....

but for the record old cob i didnt have a go at him i mentioned he can be a bit of a shitbloke sometimes with a fast trigger something i stand by from my dealings with him .. your dealings with him obviously differant but see here is the thing with opinions of people it is an opinion based on the interactions with that person so where my interactions with him has been him being a bit of a hot head is basing my opinion of him your dealings with him have not been that way hence your opinion of him... that doesnt make my opinion of him any less valid just because it differs to yours ...

as for Gossich i thought he was your bestie and you took what he said as the voice of authority on anything and everything (see the AFL expansion thread) so could it be your opinion of a person has changed due to a dealing with that said person ? im sure his friends would jump to his defence at you "having a go at him" ....

finally the chip thing thats quite funny when you consider its actually you old cob who gets all hissy faced when anyone (especially someone from another state) happens to know more on a subject (any subject) than you ... but as you were im really not fussed

Yes pluggs ive met him zero times ... and of course you are the moral compus to us all .. thank god you are here to put us on the right path ....

but for the record old cob i didnt have a go at him i mentioned he can be a bit of a shitbloke sometimes with a fast trigger something i stand by from my dealings with him .. your dealings with him obviously differant but see here is the thing with opinions of people it is an opinion based on the interactions with that person so where my interactions with him has been him being a bit of a hot head is basing my opinion of him your dealings with him have not been that way hence your opinion of him... that doesnt make my opinion of him any less valid just because it differs to yours ...

as for Gossich i thought he was your bestie and you took what he said as the voice of authority on anything and everything (see the AFL expansion thread) so could it be your opinion of a person has changed due to a dealing with that said person ? im sure his friends would jump to his defence at you "having a go at him" ....

finally the chip thing thats quite funny when you consider its actually you old cob who gets all hissy faced when anyone (especially someone from another state) happens to know more on a subject (any subject) than you ... but as you were im really not fussed
Lost interest on Carr but got exact response I expected on gossage. What I said previously is him being connected would suggest he has more idea about wa footy than those who arrogantly think they know more than him who obviously aren’t as connected. That is totally different to listening to the number chip talking about himself and wa on a vic radio station. My grand daughter would see the difference and she isn’t born yet. As for your chip and some from wa the amazing thing is they think they know more about wa sport than us and fair enough because they live there but they also think they know more about vic footy on some occasions even though we live here. Chip stuff

Lost interest on Carr but got exact response I expected on gossage. What I said previously is him being connected would suggest he has more idea about wa footy than those who arrogantly think they know more than him who obviously aren’t as connected. That is totally different to listening to the number chip talking about himself and wa on a vic radio station. My grand daughter would see the difference and she isn’t born yet. As for your chip and some from wa the amazing thing is they think they know more about wa sport than us and fair enough because they live there but they also think they know more about vic footy on some occasions even though we live here. Chip stuff
ok boomer ...

promising player .... now you are re-writing history
Lovett was the boom recruit of the 2009 trade period he was the biggest fish we had landed since GTrain

And I was adamant he'd screw the pooch as he did, man cannot hold his liquor and liked it too much ala Cousins getting off the gear, only with Lovett it came with degradation of the fairer sex and had for about 8 years before we drafted him, but like most things, footy ability trumped being a woman beating boozer and no one was surprised when claims were he raped one but by then he was "our" problem.

Except the AFL of course, because you know, have to keep face.

And I was adamant he'd screw the pooch as he did, man cannot hold his liquor and liked it too much ala Cousins getting off the gear, only with Lovett it came with degradation of the fairer sex and had for about 8 years before we drafted him, but like most things, footy ability trumped being a woman beating boozer and no one was surprised when claims were he raped one but by then he was "our" problem.

Except the AFL of course, because you know, have to keep face.
he was a bad bad fit for us and really derailed us so im not one to jump to his defence at all BUT if we cant really claim the high moral ground on the accusations thrown at him while glossing over the same accusations thrown at our favourite sons ...
im glad we removed him and i have little doubt that the playing group didnt want him anywhere near the team but his football skills when fit were seriously good

Interesting exercise!
Got me stuffed how Geary and Membrey get a game for the Vics
Ahead of names such as Joffa Cunningham, Alan Davis, Ian Cooper, Kevin Murray, Greg Burns and Stewart Trott and i could go on and on!

And as for the Allstars how the hell Lovett, Armitage and Wilkie
Are ahead of Narkle. Gilbert Mcadam, Bruce Duperouzal, John Bonney, Mcintosh and if we are to count Lovett then i'll throw in Jezza!

So whilst a worthwhile project it seems many entries and exclusions are puzzling to say the least!

he was a bad bad fit for us and really derailed us so im not one to jump to his defence at all BUT if we cant really claim the high moral ground on the accusations thrown at him while glossing over the same accusations thrown at our favourite sons ...
im glad we removed him and i have little doubt that the playing group didnt want him anywhere near the team but his football skills when fit were seriously good

As with most things, innocent until proven guilty, which speaking of, "acquitted" in the rape charge, "guilty" in beating a woman in 2017.

Leopard and spots rings a bell.

As with most things, innocent until proven guilty, which speaking of, "acquitted" in the rape charge, "guilty" in beating a woman in 2017.

Leopard and spots rings a bell.
yes but we have had certain players also in trouble with dealings with females as well some strongly reported some dealt with internally so really its an area i dont feel we have any real moral high horse to stand on ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously....who put this together?

We have very few players who are regarded as all time greats - Lockett, Stewart, Baldock maybe Harvey and Dave McNamara yet Dave McNamara cannot make the Big V? Someone is having a lend.

"It is fair to say that Dave McNamara was the Wayne Carey of his time. His long arms and height gave him the advantage over opponents, but it was his kicking that was the stuff of legends." - Jim Main 2013 "the Greatest 100 players of all time".

And Gary Colling makes it? Out Colling. Neil Roberts to HBF and McNamara to CHB (or CHF).

Back