B brown Talia Laird
HB lever Hartigan Smith
C Cameron Sloane Atkins
Foll Jacobs Mrouch Hampton
Hf lynch Tex Gov
F Betts JJ Menzel
IC Douglas milera Kelly Greenwood

EMG Mackay, Gooch, polholke, Wigg
Otten has to be an emergency for Lever, Kelly isn't tall enough for GWS who play 3 talls.

Not a Crows supporter but this is what I'm guessing

Luke Brown - Jake Lever - Kyle Hartigan
Brodie Smith - Daniel Talia - Rory Laird
Richard Douglas - Rory Sloane - Rory Atkins
Tom Lynch - Taylor Walker - Charlie Cameron
Eddie Betts - Josh Jenkins - Mitch McGovern

Ruck: Sam Jacobs - Brad Crouch - Matt Crouch

IC: Curtly Hampton - Wayne Milera - Riley Knight - Harrison Wigg

I'm not sold on Hampton but a lot of fans said his JLT was good so we'll see. Would like to see Milera getting a lot of game time.
Pretty reasonable attempt, but Brad Crouch is injured and will return through the SANFL, Wigg was dropped for the JLT3 game so that suggests he isn't quite in the mix, and Knight will probably need to come in through the SANFL given that he did not play JLT3 due to injury and is not yet a walk-up starter. I'd say Mackay (as much as we don't want it), Menzel and one of Otten/Kelly will replace those three (possibly both if Lever doesn't get up), with Greenwood and Cheney also probably in contention.

Pretty reasonable attempt, but Brad Crouch is injured and will return through the SANFL, Wigg was dropped for the JLT3 game so that suggests he isn't quite in the mix, and Knight will probably need to come in through the SANFL given that he did not play JLT3 due to injury and is not yet a walk-up starter. I'd say Mackay (as much as we don't want it), Menzel and one of Otten/Kelly will replace those three (possibly both if Lever doesn't get up), with Greenwood and Cheney also probably in contention.

Oops I thought this was best 22 thread, didn't noticed the Round 1 team title.

Otten has to be an emergency for Lever, Kelly isn't tall enough for GWS who play 3 talls.
Yeah. Otten/Kelly.

I think Kelly could run through the guts and crash and bang into the packs. I know he hasn't done much of that. More of a Hope.

He would be a good lock down mid, competitive beast.

If the plan was for everyone to play at least 2 games in the JLT im not sure why everyone is completely discounting Wigg because he didnt play in game 3. Given the way he was talked up over the off season i still think hes well and truly in the mix despite his wayward kicking. The fact that it was his weapon that let him down is probably the least likely thing to exclude him from the side. Pyke loves the distinction of events from trends.

If the plan was for everyone to play at least 2 games in the JLT im not sure why everyone is completely discounting Wigg because he didnt play in game 3. Given the way he was talked up over the off season i still think hes well and truly in the mix despite his wayward kicking. The fact that it was his weapon that let him down is probably the least likely thing to exclude him from the side. Pyke loves the distinction of events from trends.

Was that the plan though? The plan as I heard it was for the final round to be a dress rehearsal for round 1. Him not playing in such a game, instead playing for the 2's suggests to me he's down the pecking order for round 1. Not playing doesn't rule him out, but I'd say it's highly unlikely he plays at this stage.

Hey guys not sure if i'm just hopeful but do you think crows might be playing some mind games on GWS and Sloane , Walker and Crouch will all play this weekend? Just betts on FiveAA yesterday said that all three should be available read a snippet of it here.

“I think Sloaney will be all right for Rd 1. Crouch will be all right for Rd 1 -- we’ll see how he goes this week.

“And I’m pretty sure Taylor will be right for Rd 1.”

Eddie said the prospect of playing with a full deck was “exciting”.

Just a couple hours after this was said article came out on Advertiser about how Sloane and Walker are racing to be fit i'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like mind games and all three will be named this week.

What are your guys thoughts?

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-21/walker-sloane-ramp-up-recovery
Key Crows Taylor Walker and Rory Sloane have ramped up their preparations to play in Round One. Sloane, who missed the JLT Community Series because of a fractured eye socket, trained with the team at Football Park on Tuesday morning. Walker completed a solid session on Monday, which was a scheduled day off for the players, as he recovers from hamstring tightness. Forward Tom Lynch said the pair was progressing well ahead of Sunday’s season-opener against Greater Western Sydney at Adelaide Oval. “They’re ticking all the right boxes at the minute … they’ll go pretty close. At this stage, we’re very hopeful they’ll be right to go,” Lynch said on Tuesday. “They’ve obviously got to get through Thursday’s session, which is our last main session before the game. They’re two absolute pros of this Club. “We’re looking forward to, hopefully, having them out there.” In more positive news, defender Jake Lever (hamstring), forwards Riley Knight (Achilles) and Jono Beech (calf), and midfielder Dean Gore (concussion) will all be available for selection at either level this weekend. Scott Thompson (shoulder) and Brad Crouch (hamstring) also trained on Tuesday as they edge closer to playing. Both are expected to return via Adelaide’s SANFL team before being considered for AFL selection. The Club has a SANFL trial match against Woodville-West Torrens from 11:25am at Football Park on Saturday, March 25, and another against Norwood at The Parade on Friday, March 31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be telling if the teams are close at 3/4 time.

Over the past 3 weeks Sydney has had all but two rain effected days and today's weather is just horrific with hail and flash flooding with heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week

So if preparation counts for anytime our boys will be getting quality training outdoors in temperatures similar to game day forecasts while GWS will be limited to indoor work

We know one of our opposition on the weekend...the video is great..
Great vid, I went to primary school with his mum, damn I feel old. But she had him when she was 15, got knocked up overseas on a holiday lol.
Good to know his dad still plays a part in his life, great kid and well brought up.

If it habeen
Great vid, I went to primary school with his mum, damn I feel old. But she had him when she was 15, got knocked up overseas on a holiday lol.
Good to know his dad still plays a part in his life, great kid and well brought up.
Was wondering where the American accent to the father was coming from. You can't hide anything in little old Australia haha

Over the past 3 weeks Sydney has had all but two rain effected days and today's weather is just horrific with hail and flash flooding with heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week

So if preparation counts for anytime our boys will be getting quality training outdoors in temperatures similar to game day forecasts while GWS will be limited to indoor work
Our guys aren't afraid of a bit of rain. And it's actually quite warm and muggy last couple of days. Hope Tex and Sloane make it out there good to go. Cant wait for the game.
:p just one thing can you keep the noise down a bit at the ground? At least until Taranto has time to settle his nerves a bit.
Seriously I'm not sure if all clubs do it, but Leon always announces the debutants early, time to sort out family and girlfreinds etc getting to the game. At this stage he's the only certain in.

If it habeen

Was wondering where the American accent to the father was coming from. You can't hide anything in little old Australia haha
Haha yeah, his dads a born and bred American. Pretty cool that GWS are flying him down for the opening game, what an atmosphere he'll feel at Adelaide oval with his son debuting.

Our guys aren't afraid of a bit of rain. And it's actually quite warm and muggy last couple of days. Hope Tex and Sloane make it out there good to go. Cant wait for the game.
:p just one thing can you keep the noise down a bit at the ground? At least until Taranto has time to settle his nerves a bit.
Seriously I'm not sure if all clubs do it, but Leon always announces the debutants early, time to sort out family and girlfreinds etc getting to the game. At this stage he's the only certain in.
I wonder if these guys are announced early as GWS are a new club in the very competitive and non traditional AFL market of Sydney as a publicity tool. Certainly having his conversation with his Dad filmed seems to fit this theory of it being publicity driven.

Bokonon, how much do you see your injuries and outs affecting you guys? Do you think you will be carrying underdone players in, or will they come back through the NEAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back