Prediction Pick your team for R23

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Edit: To accommodate the superstitious, I will change the thread name. The point of the thread in my opinion to see who can accurately predict the "organic growth" that we expect to see throughout the season. Not to go early on finals predictions. For example, I am expecting Douglas and Mackay to fall away like they did last season. But I am expecting growth from the younger players. I think we have an easy draw, which should facilitate the growth of guys like Milera and Menzel, more than if we had a tough draw.

Similar to our R1 team prediction thread, it would be interesting to see if anybody can pick our best 22 for R23.

My predicted team by the end of the season is

B: Lever, Talia, Brown
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Smith
C: Knight, Sloane, Atkins
HF: Cameron, Walker, Lynch
F: McGovern, Jenkins, Betts
R: Jacobs, M. Crouch, B. Crouch
I/C: Milera, Menzel, Doedee, Hampton
Emerg: Douglas, Dear, Cheney

Missing: Mackay, Seedsman, ROB, Greenwood, Otten

Last edited:
B: Laird, Talia, Lever
HB: Doedee, Hartigan, Smith
C: Cameron, Sloane, Atkins
HF: Knight, Walker, Lynch
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Brouch, Mrouch
I/C: Hampton, Douglas, Milera, Brown

That's at full fitness

Bit of a pointless thread though, IMO

Similar to our R1 team prediction thread, it would be interesting to see if anybody can pick our best 22 for this years finals series (assuming we play finals).

My predicted team for our first final of 2017

B: Lever, Talia, Brown
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Smith
C: Knight, Sloane, Atkins
HF: Cameron, Walker, Lynch
F: McGovern, Jenkins, Betts
R: Jacobs, M. Crouch, B. Crouch
I/C: Milera, Menzel, Doedee, Hampton
Emerg: Douglas, Dear, Cheney

Missing: Mackay, Seedsman, ROB, Greenwood

Edit: Oops I forgot brown somehow

Poor Douglas, gets votes from both Hinkley and Pyke in the showdown in the medal and yet Greenwood who is a rookie and never ever played against real quality AFL players in the real deal gets in front of him, this is more than hilarious

This is ridiculously early but wth

B: Brown - Talia - Lever
HB: Smith - Hartigan - Laird
C: Atkins - M.Crouch - Cameron
HF: Knight - Walker - Lynch
F: Betts - Jenkins - McGovern
R: Jacobs - Sloane - B.Crouch
Int: Douglas - Doedee - Hampton - Mackay

This is ridiculously early but wth

HB: Smith - Hartigan - Laird
C: Atkins - M.Crouch - Cameron
HF: Knight - Walker - Lynch
R: Jacobs - Sloane - B.Crouch
Int: Douglas - Doedee - Hampton - Mackay

No Love for otten although he has shown his worth? No one on the bench to cover the structures Pyke likes with 8 Talls on the feild, you would think Otten is a certainty to grab a spot on the bench, Imagine playing GWS in the final Otten did a fair job on that 200cm giant they had him standiing last time

B: Brown - Hartigan - Lever
HB: Smith - Talia - Laird
C: Cameron - Sloane - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - McGovern
F: Betts - Jenkins - Menzel
R: Jacobs - Crouch - Crouch
I: Knight - Milera - Hampton - Doedee

E: O'Brien - Douglas - Otten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB: Laird - Hartigan - Smith
C: Cameron - M Crouch - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
R: Jacobs - Sloane - B Crouch
Int: Douglas, Otten, Milera, Hampton

Emg (from): Mackay, Doedee, Cheney, Seedsman, Greenwood, Menzel, O'Brien, Beech, Kelly

3 changes to the team that faced Essendon in Round 4. Jenkins, McGovern and B Crouch all returning from injury, at the expense of Kelly, Menzel and Mackay. Otten still retains his spot despite the pace concerns, and is a legitimate swing man from quarter to quarter. B Crouch goes into an inside role, releasing Hampton to play more on the outside than he presently is.

Of course it's a virtual lock that somewhere between 1 and 8 of the 22 I've selected will be unavailable due to injury, so that's where the emergencies come in to play.

Lever. Talia. Brown
Smith. Harto. Laird
Milera. B Crouch. Hampton
McGovern. Tex. Lynch
Betts. JJ. Douglas
Sauce. Sloane. M Crouch

Atkins. Doedee. Knight. Menzel.

Edit - forgot CC. I don't know who I want to drop, is Mackay in there somewhere? I don't like this game, I guess Menzel probably misses out of that lot for CC. Milera to the bench.

Last edited:
Some asinine calls of Doedee and Milera keeping Douglas and Otten out the side. Doedee will not play a game this year unless he comes in for an injured defender and he will be out the next week. Douglas is performing way to well to be ousted. I just wish people would watch actual games instead of adhearing to poorly held misconceptions.

Emg (from): Mackay, Doedee, Cheney, Seedsman, Greenwood, Menzel, O'Brien, Beech, Kelly

3 changes to the team that faced Essendon in Round 4. Jenkins, McGovern and B Crouch all returning from injury, at the expense of Kelly, Menzel and Mackay. Otten still retains his spot despite the pace concerns, and is a legitimate swing man from quarter to quarter. B Crouch goes into an inside role, releasing Hampton to play more on the outside than he presently is.

Of course it's a virtual lock that somewhere between 1 and 8 of the 22 I've selected will be unavailable due to injury, so that's where the emergencies come in to play.

That would be one strong team Douglass would find it difficult to break into that midfield with both crouchs and sloane there so probably fair to put him on the bench . Otten is a must to cover the 8 talls on the ground although some would go with a restricted bench but Pyke likes flexability on the bench as you dont know how they will be used. Hampton provides that flexability also. Milera is the only interesting one but that one will come down to form in my eyes Milera cant keep playing like he has the last 3 games if he wants that spot

This is by far our best 22. Nicely balanced.

B. Brown Talia Lever
Hb. Smith Hartigan Laird
C. Atkins MCrouch Hampton
Hf. Lynch Walker Knight
F. Betts Jenkins Mcgovern
R. Jacobs Sloane Cameron
Int. BCrouch, Douglas, Menzel, Milera.

B: Watts - Meeson - Reilly
HB: Doughty - S.Stevens - Ladhams
C: Mackay - Douglas - Cook
HF: Sellar - Perrie - Gill
FF: Petrenko - McGregor - Burns