Prediction Pick your Top 8 for 2020 - The Nostradamus was never here thread

BloodySwan

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I had a horrible dream/nightmare last night that I was looking at the paper and Geelong was to play Collingwood in the Grand Final.

Lose/lose for me.
Chris Scott's a campaigner, but Eddie's a c***.
I love watching Collingwood lose in the Grand Final. 2018 was an amazing match made all that much better by who lost

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Richmond
2. West Coast
3. Brisbane
4. GWS
5. Bulldogs
6. Collingwood

Then it gets interesting. I think Geelong could well slide out of the 8 this year. The loss of Kelly and Selwood's decline last year and the lack of a quality ruckman could see them miss. Hawthorn and Port Adelaide are a chance as are the Swans. I also think North are going to have a good year with Rhyce at the helm

I'll put
7. Geelong
8. Kangaroos

But those two positions are the ones up for grabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirkswan

Premiership Player
May 10, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
this time of year everyone has high hopes thats the best part

you just never know, the well the suns probably we do
One year fairly soon, the suns are going to jump out of the blocks and surprise the hell out of everyone... and I think it's going to happen in the next couple of years. They're building a fairly impressive list up there atm, but apart from being young and in experienced, they also have the travel issues...

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
One year fairly soon, the suns are going to jump out of the blocks and surprise the hell out of everyone... and I think it's going to happen in the next couple of years. They're building a fairly impressive list up there atm, but apart from being young and in experienced, they also have the travel issues...

well they played a key role in last year's premiership, does that count?

Ticky009

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LukeParkerno1

Premium Platinum
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Too many concussions for Cam Mooney who has predicted the Demons go from 17th to premiers
Won't win it but probably won't come bottom 4 either. Happy to sort of say last year everything went wrong for them BUT my issue is the same as last year, their midfield is so slow! Can Petracca play mid the whole year? If not they are back to the mids that failed last year and that was with Gawn having his best year ever. Found the Dees the hardest team to pick, nothing would surprise me.

Wayne Swan

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
What about the other end of the ladder, just say Gold Coast actually have a better run with injuries this season and advance up the ladder a few places.

Who then will be say the bottom three? Not as easy as you think. I'm still mulling it over, hmm

Ticky009

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
What about the other end of the ladder, just say Gold Coast actually have a better run with injuries this season and advance up the ladder a few places.

Who then will be say the bottom three? Not as easy as you think. I'm still mulling it over, hmm
Adelaide or a Freo or even us if injuries hit our few remaining old fellas

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Too many concussions for Cam Mooney who has predicted the Demons go from 17th to premiers
The Dees don't really have a forward line. A couple of promising youngsters but otherwise not much. I think last year they had a huge number of inside 50s but didn't capitalise at all.

Top Bottom