Pickett bump on Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
So yeh I'd like to get this one started..

Thoughts on Pickett's bump? 2 weeks? Ran past the ball, chose to bump, and wasn't attempting a smother so yeh I think he's in big trouble. Cripps off with the blood rule.

Second time this year as well. Thug perhaps? Fake tough guy?

Thoughts Dees fans? Shaun Smith?

Will be careless, high and medium impact under this rule:

Any high bump which constitutes Rough Conduct that has the potential to cause injury will usually be graded at a minimum as Medium impact, even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low.

Grading will be interesting. The hit to the body is clearly intentional but the head knock which has drawn blood has to be careless. Its a week at most.
It goes hand in hand doesn't it? If his hit is intentional then any contact as a result is intentional? I'm not exactly sure how this works though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grading will be interesting. The hit to the body is clearly intentional but the head knock which has drawn blood has to be careless. It’s a week at most.

Doesn’t matter whether he intended to hit him high, if he elects to bump then that’s the intent. But, as shown last week it’s very difficult to get any hit graded intentional.

So yeh I'd like to get this one started..

Thoughts on Pickett's bump? 2 weeks? Ran past the ball, chose to bump, and wasn't attempting a smother so yeh I think he's in big trouble. Cripps off with the blood rule.

Second time this year as well. Thug perhaps? Fake tough guy?

Thoughts Dees fans? Shaun Smith?
Same as Maynard. He'll be sent to the tribunal where he'll get off.

Bumping a player doesn't make you a thug either. It was a good bump actually. But Pickett will need to adjust his game with the direction it is headed.

Jon Ralph : "We know how serious the AFL has been about head-high contact".

Brayden Maynard:

dd0.jpg

Bumping a player doesn't make you a thug either. It was a good bump actually. But Pickett will need to adjust his game with the direction it is headed.
A good bump in todays game doesnt result in head high contact and a blood rule.

Unless you are trying to smother a kick.

It wasn't a good bump. It went high and broke Cripps' nose with potential to cause much more damage.

Unless you've been living under a rock, that's not on in today's game and rightly so.

Completely different to the Maynard incident.

A good bump in todays game doesnt result in head high contact and a blood rule.

Unless you are trying to smother a kick.
Fair. But Pickett's bump on Cripps was much better than his bump on Smith. It was also more of a "football action" than Maynard's attempted smother/brace/bump.

I think the AFL adjusts the rules in the offseason to make it harder for the tribunal to let off both Pickett and Maynard but based on Maynard this week, Pickett must get off. There is no alternative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back