Pickett bump on Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't a good bump. It went high and broke Cripps' nose with potential to cause much more damage.

Unless you've been living under a rock, that's not on in today's game and rightly so.

Completely different to the Maynard incident.
The bump itself did no go high. Pickett's shoulder hits Cripps in the chest. Where Pickett is likely in trouble is his head hitting Cripps'.

I like Pickett but he's done a couple of pretty stupid things tonight. It's been a pretty disappointing finals series from him after last week when he wasn't even willing to put his body on the line in a few marking contest up forward and just let his opponent get it uncontested.

Hopefully just 1 week off so he can come back for the GF if they make it that far.

So yeh I'd like to get this one started..

Thoughts on Pickett's bump? 2 weeks? Ran past the ball, chose to bump, and wasn't attempting a smother so yeh I think he's in big trouble. Cripps off with the blood rule.

Second time this year as well. Thug perhaps? Fake tough guy?

Thoughts Dees fans? Shaun Smith?

A good bump in todays game doesnt result in head high contact and a blood rule.

Unless you are trying to smother a kick.
Well done you. 👏👏👏

Prefer to wait til opposing coach makes a statement first. I'm sure Simon Goodwin will be happy to hear from them

Also would like to hear from every Melbourne ex player too before the tribunal starts to ensure fairness

It goes hand in hand doesn't it? If his hit is intentional then any contact as a result is intentional? I'm not exactly sure how this works though.

Yeah looking at one of the angles his shoulder connects with Cripps neck and chin, I though it was a clash of heads because of the bump. So it has to be intentional, high contact, the impact is up for debate because he came straight back on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football act.. was already going forward with momentum, nothing he could do to stop...the Carlton player moved into his lane... why didn't the Carlton player protect himself better ?....wasn't a bump, was just bracing.... picket didn't mean it and is a nice guy

Good question though. Cripps just disposes of the ball, but doesn't try to protect himself at all? Should have stopped and side stepped around Pickett instead of continuing to play the footy

Football act.. was already going forward with momentum, nothing he could do to stop...the Carlton player moved into his lane... why didn't the Carlton player protect himself better ?....wasn't a bump, was just bracing.... picket didn't mean it and is a nice guy

2 weeks and delibrate, could've smothered instead bumped. Viney should get a week too, chose to bump high, instead of going for the ball.

Good question though. Cripps just disposes of the ball, but doesn't try to protect himself at all? Should have stopped and side stepped around Pickett instead of continuing to play the footy

Most players go for a smother or the ball, Cripps should've expected that. I guess not, it was Pickett.

The bump itself did no go high. Pickett's shoulder hits Cripps in the chest. Where Pickett is likely in trouble is his head hitting Cripps'.
Head hits cripps nose but there's another angle where the shoulder collects him in and under the chin.
I expect 1-2weeks
The head knock is Pickett's responsibility anyway.
Ball was gone, eyes for the player, elects to bump.
wWFjnpk.jpg

Head hits cripps nose but there's another angle where the shoulder collects him in and under the chin.
I expect 1-2weeks
The head knock is Pickett's responsibility anyway.
Ball was gone, eyes for the player, elects to bump.
wWFjnpk.jpg
That shows exactly what I said. He should be suspended based on current interpretations but can't be because of the Maynard result. The tribunal's hands are going to be tied on this one.

That shows exactly what I said. He should be suspended based on current interpretations but can't be because of the Maynard result. The tribunal's hands are going to be tied on this one.
Pickett elected to bump, maynard was already in the air.
apples and oranges and tribunal can and would suspend him.
But I expect it not to go to tribunal anyway. AFL won't apply a finals discount now they're out and Pickett won't appeal the 2 weeks he gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back