Pickett's autobiography is apparently a ripper

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure but I have it on good authority his mother still does chide him
Being reported over here he signed 2 years at 500k per year
Seems pretty steep and must be max if he meets all triggers
If we've got 23 players coming out of contract next year hope there enough cash to keep all required players

Being reported over here he signed 2 years at 500k per year
Seems pretty steep and must be max if he meets all triggers
If we've got 23 players coming out of contract next year hope there enough cash to keep all required players

That's more than I'd expect. Not to say he is or isn't worth it, but with no WA club vying for his signature, it's unlikely anyone was getting close to that.
I think if it's true, as you said it will be heavily incentive laden.
$350k is average wage now, so if he plays 2 years and plays ~20 games in each then that'd be money well spent

I finished the book all in one day. Like a lot of footy books, it's enthralling if you follow that team but probably not super engaging if you don't.

I found his time at the WAFL, between prison and the AFL, particularly interesting, and highlights that AFL clubs need to get better at recognising elite talent from unorthodox pathways.

I was really proud of the way the club handled the recruitment of Pickett, and the efforts we put in to making him feel at home. I don't say this to take any credit away from Marlion, as he was the one most responsible for making it, but the way he guided him would have been important also.

That's more than I'd expect. Not to say he is or isn't worth it, but with no WA club vying for his signature, it's unlikely anyone was getting close to that.
I think if it's true, as you said it will be heavily incentive laden.
$350k is average wage now, so if he plays 2 years and plays ~20 games in each then that'd be money well spent
2 x Premiership player and Played the last two seasons for a box of BBQ shapes and a pack of Scanlens Footy cards .. I for one have no issue with the new deal compensating him for that to a degree..

Got the book today. About a third of the way through. Tried to take his own life a few times in prison. At that stage his partner Jess had just given birth to their 2nd child. What a strong young women Marlion is blessed to have. Fair to say the man from above had other ideas for where Marlions life journey would end up. Very good read.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back