Other Picking a Nfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys how’s it going. So I have gotten in to the nfl for the first time this year. I want to support a team next season but have absolutely no idea who. Any ideas on the best way to go about it?
Answer these questions for starters

1. Does a successful history matter?
2. Indoor or outdoor stadium?
3. Do you want to watch them play live? (does 3am matter? most east coast teams play 3 or 4 am majority of the season)
4. What colours do you like in a uniform?
5. Is there any teams you already like?

I'll think of more

Last edited:
Not-the-Browns-Meme.jpg

The world doesnt need more Steelers fans but see the similarity...

623050366.0.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F03%2F24%2F08%2F13%2Fmartin_2403a_1000.jpg

Last edited:

Hey guys how’s it going. So I have gotten in to the nfl for the first time this year. I want to support a team next season but have absolutely no idea who. Any ideas on the best way to go about it?

Like a few others have said, it's really about finding a team that just resonates and connects well with you. I think if you took a poll of 100 people on this forum, you'll get 100 different reasons as to why they support a particular organisation.

For me, my journey in the NFL started when an associate of my old man went to the States back in 1999 and brought me back a Packers' football, a Niners cap and a Charles Woodson Raiders jersey. I was beyond obsessed with jerseys at the time (still am) so immediately I gravitated toward the Raiders. Also liked the fact that with the exception of the Yankees, all of my USA sports teams that I support are based in Cali and have spent time particularly in SoCal.

It's way more fun watching football when you've got a team to actively support though. Best of luck.

Cleveland browns
They’re a lot like Richmond in that they’ve been complete and utter junk for decades

/whistles on the way back under the rock I’ve called home since October.

In all honesty, I’ll be telling everyone Cleveland this year, jump on at the bottom, only way is up.
I’m sure people who jumped on Detroit in 2008/09 would have enjoyed the decade.
Competitive throughout :)

Answer these questions for starters

1. Does a successful history matter?
2. Indoor or outdoor stadium?
3. Do you want to watch them play live? (does 3am matter? most east coast teams play 3 or 4 am majority of the season)
4. What colours do you like in a uniform?
5. Is there any teams you already like?

I'll think of more
1. Successful history doesn’t matter, definitely don’t want a bandwagon team eg patriots.

2. Probably outdoor but not a big deal
3 yeah I’ll watch them live even if at 3am

4. Bright colours I usually like, something that stands out

5 liked the Steelers, Vikings this year but keen to get on a up and coming team maybe

1. Successful history doesn’t matter, definitely don’t want a bandwagon team eg patriots.

5 liked the Steelers, Vikings this year but keen to get on a up and coming team maybe
Jaguars, Rams or Buccaneers

Denver wears bright color.

Closer to west coast so games are usually after 6am

Outdoor stadium

Not good atm so cant be bandwagon

Very successful history - in the top tier of well run organisations

Recommend just watching general games for a few years before making a decision. Pick a handful of teams to loosely follow maybe and see which one grows on you.

Or being a tigers supporter just choose the Bengals haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go for the Patriots. They're the best team with the best posters on this board.
And they’re one of very few teams not playing this week of the playoffs.

I’ll say Julio Jones for mvp this week!

Like are the bengals really bad? Like there colours and it’s a Tiger.
Picking a team is hard without watching them, you should get a few teams on a short list and watch some games or highlights of them and see what team you like.

You might want a more creative team or a smash mouth team or a Defensive team.

you dont want to pick a team who when you watch them, you find boring.

Yep they're horrible. Will never win a SB at this rate.
They have one of the best and most petty rivals in the league.

a Steelers/Bengals game is always must watch because you know that some players want to f**k someone up more than get a win.

Teams I think you should pick from if you want to have fun:

No particular order

AFC:
Steelers
Ravens
Patriots
Broncos
Raiders
Chiefs

NFC:
Packers
Vikings
NFC South err... minus Bucs... idk
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles (maybe they've got Wentz)
Seahawks
49ers

I wouldn't really consider the other 16 odd teams

When I was trying to pick a team a few years back I literally just watched as many teams as I could,see which teams I found the most fun to watch and shortlisted them. Then just cross them off as I went. I didn't want to pick a team that was already pushing for a SB,more a middle of the road team that I thought looked like they could be in a few years or so, felt like it would mean more. That team is Detroit so I might be waiting a while.

Wouldn't go Bengals though personally. I'd go someone like Chicago or the Cardinals. Both have sweet running backs,new young QBs (cardinals probably).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back