Other Picking a Nfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

it's official
I'm replacing silver and black with purple and black.
not like i suddenly hate, or disown, just not investing into.
no one can take away the memories and experiences....i go way back to the early 70s being a fan....all those memories, heartaches and celebrations still there.

but the reasons for it ...
it's not due to the lack of success at all, happily there thruout the lean decades.

it's due more to there being too much bullshit surrounding the franchise and fans, all that rrrrrraiders crap, us against the world, too proud, fans positioning thenselves as "real fans" and youre not if you criticize the team, that mystique and more hollywood than substance aspect to it. how ita a fashion brand now, girls and boys (who have no idea) wearing the gear purely as a brand, like calvin klein.

theres just too much of that surrounding the franchise and the fans.

instead, im adopting a franchise abd fans that are more real, they just knuckle down and do their jobs, theres no fakeness or brand, blue collar and no nonsense, like me. also a franchise that historically and currently play like that on the field, play solid D. thats my kind of football.

a person like me anyway, i can change like this without a problem, i always redefine myself, my allegiances, so football is no different. even while a raider fan i was still a huge marino/dolphins fan, for instance. still loved the different aspects of all the teans in the league. not one who bullshits himself acting like a team is a religion.

so, its still the same with raiders and dolphins, just adding ravens and movibg them to the fore, to #1 care factor.

cone at me, i dont care, but youre welcome to
pPdNZ3c.jpg

it's official
I'm replacing silver and black with purple and black.
not like i suddenly hate, or disown, just not investing into.
no one can take away the memories and experiences....i go way back to the early 70s being a fan....all those memories, heartaches and celebrations still there.

but the reasons for it ...
it's not due to the lack of success at all, happily there thruout the lean decades.

it's due more to there being too much bullshit surrounding the franchise and fans, all that rrrrrraiders crap, us against the world, too proud, fans positioning thenselves as "real fans" and youre not if you criticize the team, that mystique and more hollywood than substance aspect to it. how ita a fashion brand now, girls and boys (who have no idea) wearing the gear purely as a brand, like calvin klein.

theres just too much of that surrounding the franchise and the fans.

instead, im adopting a franchise abd fans that are more real, they just knuckle down and do their jobs, theres no fakeness or brand, blue collar and no nonsense, like me. also a franchise that historically and currently play like that on the field, play solid D. thats my kind of football.

a person like me anyway, i can change like this without a problem, i always redefine myself, my allegiances, so football is no different. even while a raider fan i was still a huge marino/dolphins fan, for instance. still loved the different aspects of all the teans in the league. not one who bullshits himself acting like a team is a religion.

so, its still the same with raiders and dolphins, just adding ravens and movibg them to the fore, to #1 care factor.

cone at me, i dont care, but youre welcome to
Can you provide an alternative version of this post for the English speakers among us?

very interesting to me that GG chose a team with Lamar Jackson as their QB to support... perhaps he just likes bitching about his own teams QB more than he lets on.

I love watching Lamar, but if i remember correctly, which i do, GG did nothing but bag him leading up to the draft last year. Mainly because he doesnt have blue eyes and blonde hair. :D

Gifting Khalil Mack to the Bears the final straw?

No, GG said that was a brilliant move by Gruden at the time.

The wiser people of the board knew it was a disasterous move though.

Gifting Khalil Mack to the Bears the final straw?
grudened out a bit and davised out a bit, mack/cooper, the stupidity of the front office, also choosing bears thinking theyd suck and sane with cowboys.....not only stupidity thruout but also wrapped in all that bullshit hoohah calvin klein pirate crap from them

The real losers in all this are the boards Raven fans. May god have mercy on you all.

Dolphins would have been the best choice for all since that team thread is dead 50 weeks of the year, could have been all GG... and a brand new QB will be coming to Miami soon, Tanny wont last much longer. GG would be able to scout the QB prospects and find his new fav to lead a Dolphin revival.

The real losers in all this are the boards Raven fans. May god have mercy on you all.

Dolphins would have been the best choice for all since that team thread is dead 50 weeks of the year, could have been all GG... and a brand new QB will be coming to Miami soon, Tanny wont last much longer. GG would be able to scout the QB prospects and find his new fav to lead a Dolphin revival.
its just like this now "yeah im a ravens fan, man, tho i do have a little soft spot for the raiders and dolphins, hoping they do well but not INVESTED as such".

Liked for the Dolphins part of your post.

idc if GG posts in the Ravens thread here, I have to read plenty of crap I don't agree with on Football's Future anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, i agree Kram, GG should start a thread " Reasons why i now hate the Raiders" ... would be an instant board classic.
dont hate, because its been part of my life for 40 years and all the raider greats part of my hero worshipping.... just pushed back to soft spot status, not investing into anymore.

ravens for the next 40 years now

How funny would it be if Gruden leads them to a Super Bowl in 5 years time at Las Vegas.

Flacco moves on and the Raiders offer Carr and part of the pick bounty for Jackson.

"You know what man, I like that Lamar Jackson man. I'll give you all this for him man"

good on em if they do, im not jumping trains hunting SBs, but where i feel at home.

i just hope gruden doenst trade carr to the ravens because then id be mad

Sorry mate, but i think we are all now hoping Johnny boy weaves some trade magic and Carr ends up in Baltimore somehow. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back