Other Picking a Nfl team

When confronted with dilemmas, moral and otherwise, always stop and think "what would GG do?" And then do that. Best advice you'll ever get in your life...and it was free!

But at least you're not jumping on the media's "it" team when they're at their most popular. I can kind of respect that.

Cant respect CasuallyDressed choice, why would you abandon a Colts team FINALLY coming good for bandwagon18/19.ltd ?

I jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon because of Mahomes and the Colts looked bad early.

Now, Colts are doing well but I'm having a hard time going back to them because I'm obsessed with watching Patrick Mahomes play football.

#conflicted

Or I'll just do a GG and have multiple teams.

You can appreciate and even follow other players without changing the team you follow imo.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The old bloke on the gopher with the Raiders cap has disappeared GG.exe. He must have thrown in the towel as well. Or was he just you all along?
If he makes a reappearance wearing a Ravens cap, your theory might have some....

tenor.gif

I love that nobody supports Buffalo.

Gloryhunting campaigners the lot of ya

If they were playing in the 1st game I watched instead of Seattle then I probably would be a Bills supporter.

If they were playing in the 1st game I watched instead of Seattle then I probably would be a Bills supporter.

You dodged a bullet there. :grinning:

I love being a part of a shocking team that nobody likes. Something about it is good.

Oh I get that ................. as I follow a team everyone Hates .

Having supported the Patriots through all their years of shittyness and mediocrity, when the only thing Pats fans got from supporters of other teams was either sympathy and / or ridicule, I have to say the hatred , envy and jealousy that is rampant now is so sweet.

So hang in there Dude your turn in the sun will come.

You'll be regretting this comment in 5 years probably

Nope I actually think it's good for the competition when the Lombardi Trophy is shared around, however the onus is on those like Cleveland , Buffalo ( to name a few ) to get their s**t together.

I have followed NFL for a very long time and the Bills were one of the best teams to not win a Super Bowl when Kelly was their QB.
To lose four in a row was soul destroying to watch and I can only imagine the utter devastation for their followers and supporters. 91-94.

Just like your mob getting spanked in the final game three years out of four, it was not pretty to watch, fortunately for your mob they got to win a couple back to back a few years latter.

The lack of a level playing field and such a slanted competition is why I can never get excited about EPL Soccer.

Getting smacked in the super bowl is a blessing not a curse remember that people

And I say that having experiencing one of the worst a few years back. What a season

Yeah I get that sentiment :thumbsu: as the sheer joy of finally winning one after experiencing a loss ( or two ) make the victory so much sweeter.

That's one of the quirks of sport , in so much as that in order to win it, you simultaneously have to be prepared to lose it , as you have a 50% chance of losing it so if you cant take the heat and disappointment of a loss then you sort of don't deserve the fruits of victory.

I felt Atlanta's Pain a few years ago when we ran them down , but thats sports for you, the game is won by the team that ends up ahead at the end of time, its one of the vagaries of the mental aspect of sport.
How a team can get mentally edgy and play it safe to protect what seems like a winning lead and conversely a team can throw caution to the wind and take risks when they are coming from behind.

It's that mental toughness, that intangible element, that make the Montana's and Brady's of the game so revered.
There are examples in every sport of players / competitors that can handle the heat better than others.
Its a scarce commodity and its an even harder thing to spot and identify in any draft / talent pool cohort.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh I get that ................. as I follow a team everyone Hates .

Having supported the Patriots through all their years of shittyness and mediocrity, when the only thing Pats fans got from supporters of other teams was either sympathy and / or ridicule, I have to say the hatred , envy and jealousy that is rampant now is so sweet.

So hang in there Dude your turn in the sun will come.
Best part is travelling to the US and going to away matches with the fans. Man it was such a good feeling walking round the NYC streets late at night with randoms yelling “LETS GO BUFFALO”

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ive recently started to follow the Knicks in the NBA so im keen to follow a NY team in the NFL.
What are some pros and cons of the Jets and Giants?
Who should i follow out of those two?
Edit-Im thinking the Jets.

Jets are the people's team
Giants are part of the upper-class clique among the owners/commissioner -- (pats, steelers, giants, cowboys)

Jets were born from the original AFL (much love for that league, which opened racial boundaries, opened football to deep passing, etc)
Giants were born from the stodgy crusty pre-60s NFL

Jets and Giants have good/exciting players each, tho the Jets have a new franchise QB in Darnold for the next 10 years, Giants are still rolling out Eli for a year or longer

Jets had success early (1969), but havent won since, tho they make the playoffs regularly every year or two
Giants were a good team in the 40's/50's, then sucked till the early 80s, and then really went up another gear in the 00's, they too regularly make the playoffs every year or two

Jets 1:0 Super Bowl history
Giants 4:1 Super Bowl history

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Jets are the people's team
Giants are part of the upper-class clique among the owners/commissioner -- (pats, steelers, giants, cowboys)

Jets were born from the original AFL (much love for that league, which opened racial boundaries, opened football to deep passing, etc)
Giants were born from the stodgy crusty pre-60s NFL

Jets and Giants have good/exciting players each, tho the Jets have a new franchise QB in Darnold for the next 10 years, Giants are still rolling out Eli for a year or longer

Jets had success early (1969), but havent won since, tho they make the playoffs regularly every year or two
Giants were a good team in the 40's/50's, then sucked till the early 80s, and then really went up another gear in the 00's, they too regularly make the playoffs every year or two

Jets 1:0 Super Bowl history
Giants 4:1 Super Bowl history
Thanks for that.
Jets it is

Back