Other Picking a Nfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

TheGreatBarryB

--------------

Ever since this franchise moved to LA, it started to become a fashion brand, and less of a football workshop. Al god bless him did so well for so long. But eventually the Raiders became a cultural phenomenon, sucked everything into it, the football product slowly but surely suffered as the brand label increased. Went back to Oakland, where they should've always stayed...a small market, blue collar, hard-nosed. But the LA thing infected it with glamor and fashion. Al by then was too old like Paul Brown did at the Bengals....a tyrant surrounded by Yes Men and losing his football mojo.

Now on to Las Vegas, the fashion brand continues. Media identities running the show. All fluff and no substance. Just like Mark Davis. This franchise is going to be further infected with the Las Vegas thing. Even more of a fashion brand. Net worth of franchise more important than football product. 2019 is going to be another farcical ride....the Raiders nomads. Further embarrassment to their original roots in Oakland. No home, they abandoned their own home twice now for the big lights. Teams like the Packers etc in small markets show them up.

This franchise will never improve whilever Mark Davis is the owner. Eventually he'll sell. 10-15 years later. Maybe then the Raiders will improve. But they'll always have sullied their origins as a small market, blue collar team.

The Raiders are all about the "Raiders"...the brand name. Not the city, not their soul.

Unlike, for example, a franchise like the Ravens, who are ALL about Baltimore. And constantly pay homage to Baltimore's history, community.

I legit got fed up. The Raiders will always be in my heart. The memories I had from 1972 when I first supported them as a little boy. That 70's era was my entire childhood. They can never take that away from me. It wasn't the success, but the soul, personality of the franchise, the city. But I'm fed up. It's got nothing to do with onfield success or not, but the soul/personality. It no longer matches my own soul/identity. It's like finding out something treacherous about your spouse or friend, and it just ruins the love, or the ability to maintain relationship with.

Unlike, for example, a franchise like the Ravens, who are ALL about Baltimore. And constantly pay homage to Baltimore's history, community.
Baltimore can be quite the fun town. IF you have the right guide.

The infamous thread returns. Doubt anyone cares by now as I have changed 3 times, but I picked the jets and can safely say it won’t change. New York an elite city and a reason I support the knicks in basketball. Have bought a jets cap and also signed up to a jets forum to learn as much about them as possible. Very happy with this pick

The infamous thread returns. Doubt anyone cares by now as I have changed 3 times, but I picked the jets and can safely say it won’t change. New York an elite city and a reason I support the knicks in basketball. Have bought a jets cap and also signed up to a jets forum to learn as much about them as possible. Very happy with this pick
Congratulations, padawan, on your promotion to fully-fledged NFL team supporter.

Reminder -- the Jets are debuting a whole new uniform in April, so be prepared to buy merchandise preferably after that.

Congratulations, padawan, on your promotion to fully-fledged NFL team supporter.

Reminder -- the Jets are debuting a whole new uniform in April, so be prepared to buy merchandise preferably after that.
Yea heard about the new uniforms. Will hold off to then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wonder what the play60 kid thought of this, the struggles, adversity, and ultimately the success...

One of my teachers many years ago said when he was at Uni they were kicking a footy and this random big guy walking past said in an American accent "Hey what's that, can I have a look?" so they pass him the ball. He then proceeds to inspect it for a few moments before winding up and throwing the thing some ridiculous distance.

One of my teachers many years ago said when he was at Uni they were kicking a footy and this random big guy walking past said in an American accent "Hey what's that, can I have a look?" so they pass him the ball. He then proceeds to inspect it for a few moments before winding up and throwing the thing some ridiculous distance.
It takes some genuine real muscle to throw an AFL ball any kind of distance. Wowsers.

So he just threw their footy away?

Superjerk.

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back