Other Picking a Nfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna revive this thread and ask for some suggestions about which team to go for. I've only really gotten into NFL the past 2-3 seasons, but this year I've really been enjoying it. I've kept flip- flopping on teams recently so I've made a short list of teams who I'm leaning towards at the moment.
  • Browns
  • Bears
  • 49ers
  • Packers
  • Raiders
  • Rams

Packers are the only team not owned by a billionaire if that makes a difference. Also have a great history and are a good chance for the Superbowl this year. Could fall off a cliff after Rogers retires though.

If the city the team is from is important to you might need to reconsider though. One of the things that influenced my decision making is picking a team from a city I might actually visit one day. That landed me with the Jets though, so, y'know....

Historic rivalry with the Bears as well.

I think I'm drawn in to the Browns the most right now, they've got some young talented players and look to be on the up. Might just have to jump on the bandwagon before its too late....

If you're looking for a comparison to an AFL team I would say the Browns most closely align to the Demons. A history of success in the 50s, not much else since except for a brief glimmer in the 80s and a recent history of wasted draft picks (how many QBs have they drafted in the last 25 years AmericanCrow ?)

Packers are the only team not owned by a billionaire if that makes a difference. Also have a great history and are a good chance for the Superbowl this year. Could fall off a cliff after Rogers retires though.

If the city the team is from is important to you might need to reconsider though. One of the things that influenced my decision making is picking a team from a city I might actually visit one day. That landed me with the Jets though, so, y'know....

Historic rivalry with the Bears as well.

Must be tough being a Jets fan right now :( Yeah, I think I'm more leaning towards picking a team from a city that I might visit one day, that being said visiting Lambeau Field one day is definitely on the bucket list.

If you're looking for a comparison to an AFL team I would say the Browns most closely align to the Demons. A history of success in the 50s, not much else since except for a brief glimmer in the 80s and a recent history of wasted draft picks (how many QBs have they drafted in the last 25 years AmericanCrow ?)

As a St Kilda fan I'm used to a bit of disappointment, so maybe the Browns suit me well there.

Approximately 9,456

;)

I started following the Jets becuase of Bell, Adams & Darnold....then Gase got hired so I jumped on the Giants becuase or Saquon..
Maybe I should just give up on following a team 😂

I jumped on the Jets when Sanchez was QB and they made back to back AFCCG'S. Their win in the playoffs against the Patriots cemented my fandom but it's been all disappointment ever since that game 10 years ago 😭

I loosely follow the Panthers and Titans as well but the Jets are my team for better or worse (mostly worse it seems)

As a St Kilda fan I'm used to a bit of disappointment, so maybe the Browns suit me well there.

Nothing better than barracking the Browns. When we turn the corner this year it will be off the charts

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that last one was from when we really stunk lol

Just know if you climb on board what you sign up for. But I can honestly say when this thing gets going again it will be a hell of a ride

Man, gotta say I love the passion from Browns fans. I always love an underdog story. Guess I'm really starting to fall for the Browns now.

There's a good NFL films doco called Cleveland '95 gives a bit of history of the franchise in their first incarnation just prior to being relocated to Baltimore as the Ravens (one of their now divisional rivals).

A young Bill Belichick was their coach. It's a good watch if you can find it.

Edit - it's on dailymotion

Last edited:
i am, he has the factory of sadness 4-1 and his scheming has shown ingenuity

They have a talented roster. Not hard to look like a genius following Kitchens. Will be interesting to see how they go this week against a worthwhile opponent. Hopefully better than they did in week 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back