Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Key points:
  • Disadvantaged UK students lost up to three months of learning during the pandemic
  • Kids from higher income households were only behind by two weeks
  • The pandemic also had profound impacts on mental health and wellbeing of young people Errol Comrie is determined the pandemic will not stop any of his students from sitting exams and "getting a chance in life," but it all relies on them passing another test they cannot study for.
Errol Comrie is determined the pandemic will not stop any of his students from sitting exams and "getting a chance in life," but it all relies on them passing another test they cannot study for.

How many kids will slip through the cracks in Australia?

BOOM TIME for some:
Mining wages in Western Australia have increased as much as 27 per cent for some professions in the past 18 months as companies fight for workers from a limited talent pool thanks to closed international and domestic borders and a bevy of projects.
Such is the demand and competition for workers that university graduates have received offers as high as $160,000 a year.

One WA university student was offered about $160,000 to take a graduate position with a mining company but turned it down.

Its not only the time thats different about WA.

BOOM TIME for some:
Mining wages in Western Australia have increased as much as 27 per cent for some professions in the past 18 months as companies fight for workers from a limited talent pool thanks to closed international and domestic borders and a bevy of projects.
Such is the demand and competition for workers that university graduates have received offers as high as $160,000 a year.

One WA university student was offered about $160,000 to take a graduate position with a mining company but turned it down.

Its not only the time thats different about WA.

Mandatory jabs now too. I have no doubt some will walk away, that will put even more of a squeeze on but also create opportunities for others.

I've really hated my two secondary school kids (year 8/9 and year 10/11) spending pretty much 50% of the past two years at home, learning on line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back