Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Hey all,

So I stopped playing tennis a few years ago due to physical limitations, but have recently discovered Pickleball!

Any other players here?

For of those of you who haven't heard of it, firstly it's one of the fastest growing sports in the world and the fastest growing in the US, growing around 25% a year.
It's played on a badminton court with a tennis style net, composite 16' long paddles, uses a plastic 'whiffle' ball and is played mostly as doubles.

You serve under arm and combined with a few other rules, the game is designed to create rallies. It is not unusual to have 30 shot rallies with some amazing gets and angles created!!

Completely addicted now!!

DNAngel

Senior List
Feb 11, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey all,

So I stopped playing tennis a few years ago due to physical limitations, but have recently discovered Pickleball!

Any other players here?

For of those of you who haven't heard of it, firstly it's one of the fastest growing sports in the world and the fastest growing in the US, growing around 25% a year.
It's played on a badminton court with a tennis style net, composite 16' long paddles, uses a plastic 'whiffle' ball and is played mostly as doubles.

You serve under arm and combined with a few other rules, the game is designed to create rallies. It is not unusual to have 30 shot rallies with some amazing gets and angles created!!

Completely addicted now!!

I haven't played pickleball but might pick it up due to a finger fracture (I can't properly wrap my right index finger around the handle of the racquet).

Are there any places to play in Melbourne?

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
I haven't played pickleball but might pick it up due to a finger fracture (I can't properly wrap my right index finger around the handle of the racquet).

Are there any places to play in Melbourne?
heaps of places!!

Best to look up Vic Pickleball on FB and there will be places listed there, but I'm pretty sure it's played most nights around the place!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back