Picola & District 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue with being questioned albeit that it is quite humourous that you think people are answerable to you . I am not the one who makes outlandish claims about what a league should or shouldnā€™t do , or claiming to know what every league is doing.
You have no idea , nor do I what every club or league is going through or their position and therefore IMO have no right to make judgement just because it doesnā€™t suit your agenda.

This is sarcasm yeah ?

With rumors of Katandra and Tungamah coming back in I hope the league is not split again. I think it is a really even comp at the moment and have enjoyed playing as the Picola League used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is part of the process , which I believe has been agreed to .
Well Done to the Picola League for agreeing to take Tungamah and Katandra back there future probably didnt look great if they were to stay in the Murray League they will be back where they belong im sure everone involved with these two clubs will be very happy.

Roar are Katandra and Tungamah 100 percent in for 2021 or is there still a few things to sort out !!

Great to see these two clubs back in the district league system.

We now have a 15 team Picola League and a 15 team Kyabram League. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the coming years. How will each comp structure up, finals formats, fixturing, etc.

The KDL now have the same netball grades as the Picola League, and were set to start the 4ths program in 2020 - with Under 12s to transition towards Under 14s. When the junior systems eventually align, I remain hopeful that we see three 10 team competitions evolve.

Where everyone gets to play each other twice over 18 rounds and a final 5 is employed - and a far greater % chance of being involved in a Grand Final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great to see these two clubs back in the district league system.

We now have a 15 team Picola League and a 15 team Kyabram League. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the coming years. How will each comp structure up, finals formats, fixturing, etc.

The KDL now have the same netball grades as the Picola League, and were set to start the 4ths program in 2020 - with Under 12s to transition towards Under 14s. When the junior systems eventually align, I remain hopeful that we see three 10 team competitions evolve.

Where everyone gets to play each other twice over 18 rounds and a final 5 is employed - and a far greater % chance of being involved in a Grand Final.

Unfortunately for KDL clubs and predominately due to the close proximately many have to major towns and where kids go to school , junior footy comps are going to be the preffered option for many parents and kids and itā€™ll be a real challenge for the KDL to have any junior footy in 5 years far less 2 grades . Something which has seemingly been apparent with clubs struggling to field 3rds in the last few years especially since moving to u18ā€™s.
Whilst , if you reduce the amount of sides in a comp you reduce the comps marketability , finals crowds and also the amount who share operating costs and also increase vunerability if a club is unable to continue .

Unfortunately for KDL clubs and predominately due to the close proximately many have to major towns and where kids go to school , junior footy comps are going to be the preffered option for many parents and kids and itā€™ll be a real challenge for the KDL to have any junior footy in 5 years far less 2 grades . Something which has seemingly been apparent with clubs struggling to field 3rds in the last few years especially since moving to u18ā€™s.
Whilst , if you reduce the amount of sides in a comp you reduce the comps marketability , finals crowds and also the amount who share operating costs and also increase vunerability if a club is unable to continue .

Great points. Thereā€™ll be plenty of adjustment returning from a year off. Letā€™s hope that all clubs can remain sustainable going forward.

With Katandra and Tungamah back into the Picola League does anyone want to have a go at predicting a ladder? From all reports most clubs have recruited very well. The standard of the league is going to jump a level which I think is great. Have Rennie held onto their recruits and any word on Tungamah's coach for the upcoming season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back