Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What would your Top 8 look like Dairy? Strsthy vs Katty GF on the Cards?
Strathy, Katty, Waaia, then a chook raffle, I think will be a big gap after the top three. A few clubs are struggling from a few rumours I’ve heard.

Strathy, Katty, Waaia, then a chook raffle, I think will be a big gap after the top three. A few clubs are struggling from a few rumours I’ve heard.
By seasons end Tungamah we’re as good as any and appear to have improved again .
I’d think as per any year a tad less than a 1/3rd will go backwards , bit better than a 1/2 will hold or improve slight and the remainder will improve significantly .

By seasons end Tungamah we’re as good as any and appear to have improved again .
I’d think as per any year a tad less than a 1/3rd will go backwards , bit better than a 1/2 will hold or improve slight and the remainder will improve significantly .
Are the PDFL clearances available for the general public to see anywhere Roar?

Forgot about Tungamah, but would be surprised if anyone else would get close to that top four

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see on facebook tonite , BERRIGAN has sent out a SOS for players saying they havent got numbers to fill a senior side , yet alone a reseve grade side , and thirds ....I ass, what is going on down therf in my old hometown

Any news on how Mathoura is going as it was looking for committee and players
How would Blighty be travelling they have had it tough the past couple of years

Yarroweyah in strife? If they are don’t think they are alone. Would not surprise if a couple of clubs pull out before the start or even after the first few rounds.

Yarroweyah in strife? If they are don’t think they are alone. Would not surprise if a couple of clubs pull out before the start or even after the first few rounds.
Not just in our league but a few leagues. I think the way things are heading is that we have probably 5-7 to many clubs for the populations of rural towns. You only have to look at Benella and Mooroopna to see that country footy is in big trouble (shepp bears/untied as well). There is a number of factors that come into play but if this year is another non finish year then i think the number of clubs to go around again will be a lot less. Senior sides are easy to fill but junior and reserve sides is a whole other problem.

I'm losing count but there would have to be at least 12-18 'call to arms' messages sent out by clubs in the past four weeks in Victoria alone. Add to that a handful in Tassie as well.

As you say, if we cannot get a full season then I wouldn't think it would be fanciful to see as many as a dozen senior clubs take their final bow in 2022 (either on the field or as a non-starter). Some of these clubs may be lucky enough to keep their traditions alive as part of a merger but some may not get that chance.

Already, Kaniva-Leeor United and Nhill are going to amalgamate at the end of this season as they both see the writing on the wall in their region and it's just a matter of what the new club name and nickname will be and what league they play in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back