Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

So do opposing clubs have to field a reserves team against them of can the seniors play
What does that mean though if it is "Reserves" only against them? First 4 or 5 rounds that's completely selection based. Clubs can name whoever they want in Seniors and Reserves and I can't see how you can allow that in some games and then not in others later in the year.

What does that mean though if it is "Reserves" only against them? First 4 or 5 rounds that's completely selection based. Clubs can name whoever they want in Seniors and Reserves and I can't see how you can allow that in some games and then not in others later in the year.

Kyneton had a situation here for a season where they fielded only reserves. Opposition clubs treated it in the right way and didn’t stack sides etc

An opportunity for a club to rebuild , can’t imagine to many clubs taking it as a an opportunity to sink the boots in and build percentage .
Don’t understand why would the league allow this if you can field a senior team surely they can play ones, don’t see what gain the hoppers get from only putting a 2nds side on the park.

Don’t understand why would the league allow this if you can field a senior team surely they can play ones, don’t see what gain the hoppers get from only putting a 2nds side on the park.
Shouldn’t happen at all

Clubs should be filling from the top down, when you allow mediocrity you become mediocre.
Look at what has happened in local cricket leagues. They’ve allowed clubs to enter only 2nd and 3rd tier teams and the league is a shadow of its former self.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't seem Tocumwal shared this sentiment, alot of there best 22 running around in the early game.
Agreed, it was a bit sad to read the team list and see Toc name some of their best senior players including their BnF and senior coach.
I know it’s a good opportunity to get an easy game for their senior players, but surely they need to look at the bigger picture in letting Yarroweyah rebuild and even not pushing our their own reserves players (if they have the numbers)
The clubs have worked so well with getting junior games going with limited numbers, hopefully it transitions into the senior side of things.

That is disappointing to her
That is disappointing to her
Gday guys long time follower first time poster. In regards to the tocumwal vs Yarroweyah game I know for a fact that tocumwal played a mixture of senior and reserve grade players with 8 genuine 2s boys taking the field that night. In regards to there bnf winner and coach playing he would’ve been lucky to play a quarter and a half of football. Yes there was some good quality senior players out on the field but with the bye this week and berrigan on Good Friday needed to get some run in the legs of some guys that have been unable to play practice games due to cricket commitments. It’s not good for country footy and particularly our competition not having a competitive senior Yarroweyah outfit after being relatively strong the last few years and even giving tocumwal a touch up like most clubs have in previous seasons. I believe my club showed great sportsmanship throughout the night rotating a lot of senior players off the bench and had 6 players not go out after half time. The same can’t be said for Yarroweyah as when the coach of my club went out to shake there hands they wouldn’t even acknowledge it. We are all grown men and at the end of every game win lose or draw you shake the oppositions hand. It wasn’t that long ago that tocumwal was being belted by 200+ points a week in the seniors but still would acknowledge the opposition after the game but that’s another story in its self. Some people must have short memories. All the best to Yarroweyah during the year and I hope things start to turn around for the club especially with Tom scott running around in the 2s ( senior bnf winner) 👍

Why can’t Mathoura play in 2s and not worry about seniors
Surley they meet the rebuild criteria after yesty

What happens this weekend between Mathoura and Yarroweyah with one missing a seniors and they other missing a reserves?
Do the play for fun and no one gets the points as it will stuff up the respective ladders?

If this is the case what a disgrace.
Who decides the criteria to just field reserves surely the cutters fall into that category. The people at the club are doing a great job getting a team out there every week and by all reports the coach is doing a great job as well. Surely if the league want to help the clubs continue they only need to see the results of the first few weeks and see the best thing for the cutters at the moment is to do exactly what the hoppers are doing. Get some games into the kids and have a crack at seniors next year if they can pick up a few more recruits. Just seems cruel that they can’t play in a grade that they can compete in.

What happens this weekend between Mathoura and Yarroweyah with one missing a seniors and they other missing a reserves?
Do the play for fun and no one gets the points as it will stuff up the respective ladders?
Have heard if Mathoura, win points in the ones. If Yarra win, points in the two’s. Can anyone tell me how the powers have come to this decision?🤔

Have heard if Mathoura, win points in the ones. If Yarra win, points in the two’s. Can anyone tell me how the powers have come to this decision?🤔
It would seem Mathoura is calling it seniors and Yarroweyah are stepping up.
either way it won’t effect the overall standing of any of the clubs come September and they might as well play for some points.
Its unprecedented times unfortunately.

Attachments

• 08EFCAA7-72FC-4720-ADCB-56205D2A52C8.jpeg
    08EFCAA7-72FC-4720-ADCB-56205D2A52C8.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 68
Nothing surprises me in this comp anymore. Surely if Yarroweyah are to win it makes a mockery of them only being able to compete in the 2s while mathoura are forced to field from the top down every week 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back